Resource The 'not worthy of a thread of its own' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this thread worthy?

I did a comparison of games played with each other by age to try measure group cohesion in the younger players.

My assumption is that a higher number of games played together between players under a given age creates cohesion in that group, so a count of games together under a given age bracket will give you a measure of how well we're building cohesion.

Example: COS and Mullin have played but not with each other so their count is zero. Bruhn and Parfitt have run out together 6 times so their count is 6.

By filtering these numbers to count players only under a specific age we can assess how effectively we are investing in the rebuild.

Without going through the data, the cohesion numbers we're building are the save as Richmond up to around 21 and a half years old, then they're getting a bit more 23/24 year olds, but then catch up at 25 year olds and we're the same up to 28.

There's angles to explore about the relative quality of the youth, and also the rampant injuries for Richmond and how that affects their numbers.

It's a bit of work and I almost can't be bothered but, anyone interested?
How the heck do you find time to do this?

Is this thread worthy?

I did a comparison of games played with each other by age to try measure group cohesion in the younger players.

My assumption is that a higher number of games played together between players under a given age creates cohesion in that group, so a count of games together under a given age bracket will give you a measure of how well we're building cohesion.

Example: COS and Mullin have played but not with each other so their count is zero. Bruhn and Parfitt have run out together 6 times so their count is 6.

By filtering these numbers to count players only under a specific age we can assess how effectively we are investing in the rebuild.

Without going through the data, the cohesion numbers we're building are the save as Richmond up to around 21 and a half years old, then they're getting a bit more 23/24 year olds, but then catch up at 25 year olds and we're the same up to 28.

There's angles to explore about the relative quality of the youth, and also the rampant injuries for Richmond and how that affects their numbers.

100% interested, happy to help as well

Is this thread worthy?

Love me some statistical analysis :)

Just me or was the phone reception marginally better at KP last night? Still got nothing at half time but for most of the game I had access.

Mine was still hit and miss. Data reception basically non-existent, but could still send texts for most of the night.

Anyone know about tickets for the Sydney Geelong game? I just looked at Ticketek and it says allocation exhausted. Surely it's not sold out already. Do they release more tickets closer to the date?

It feels like the ideal game for a masochistic optimist.

Anyone know about tickets for the Sydney Geelong game? I just looked at Ticketek and it says allocation exhausted. Surely it's not sold out already. Do they release more tickets closer to the date?

I saw someone online last week asking about tickets as they could only find single seats

So it might be close to sold out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there ever an announcement made on Blitz and Clarke accepting their bans?

Yes - announced Monday we'd accept for both Blicavs & Clark

Cheers!
I should have checked twitter instead of afl.com.au and the herald-sun/age websites.
I even checked the cats web site.

I find social media tends to have the news out first or at least in an easier to find environment

I had the same problem, ended up getting tickets through a re-seller on Ebay.

Probably the best option (or something like Facebook Marketplace) if you're going digging for it.

Why do people call Lawson Humphries "Dorito"?
love him and want to see him play but genuinely very confused
Basically, CatToTheFuture Willo_ and myself were some of the first on the Humphries bandwagon

(no shade to anyone else if you were too, feel free to @ me if you were. The more the merrier!!)

Somewhere along the way the bandwagon became a train, and then somewhere after that we decided to bring Doritos to the train.

It's now called the Doritos express, and Lawson has aptly been nicknamed 'Dorito' as a result.

Hopefully, when he goes down as a 200+ game legend of the club we can all look back on that time we named a young man after a corn chip brand for no real reason.

It'll be the stuff of BigFooty legend.

IMG_2866.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back