The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

neg99 Yeah It has just clarified so many posts made by Pies, Bombers and Tigers fans. I assumed they were courteously avoiding the use of swear words but I feel I may have overestimated them.

neg99 Yeah It has just clarified so many posts made by Pies, Bombers and Tigers fans. I assumed they were courteously avoiding the use of swear words but I feel I may have overestimated them.

Hahaha - Yep.. I was actually starting to get really irritated at people calling everyone campaigners... Didn't make any sense given if you are a footy manager, player etc it's really not an insult...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it was classic when a new user showed up the other day with the word campaigner in their username - possibly an unwise choice for ongoing credibility .... !

I admit my mental word replacement makes it interesting every time I read his username. :oops:

Can trades be made on the weekend.

EDIT: No you cannot.

Last edited:
See you in a week...

Never having had the 'pleasure' of a ban - I believe you can be banned from a thread, a board, or all of BF and that you can be blocked from posting but still read and blocked from reading and I guess you could be done for even logging on ... is it all subjective or is there kind of a table of seriousness of infractions or do different levels of mods have different levels of blocking authorisation etc?

Just wondering...

Never having had the 'pleasure' of a ban - I believe you can be banned from a thread, a board, or all of BF and that you can be blocked from posting but still read and blocked from reading and I guess you could be done for even logging on ... is it all subjective or is there kind of a table of seriousness of infractions or do different levels of mods have different levels of blocking authorisation etc?

Just wondering...

Largely subjective.

BF has rules in their Terms and Conditions, and most boards have their own rules stickied. Mods then enforce these. The standards vary - for example, the D&T board has rules around not attacking posters' clubs because so many would react to negative views on a recruit or trade by slagging the poster's team's trading history, but that could easily be fair game (or at least not punished) on the main board.

Ultimately if you go in with an attitude of "don't be a dick", you're unlikely to get banned on any board. Unfortunately a lot are either sheltered on their own team board or there + the main board + Bay 13 and think everything goes everywhere. They're the ones that most often get bans.

If you go on to a team board to laugh at their misfortune you're gone. If it's even just post about their misfortunes you need to tread very carefully because obviously sensitivities are a lot higher versus just a casual team discussion at some point during the year.

Largely subjective.

BF has rules in their Terms and Conditions, and most boards have their own rules stickied. Mods then enforce these. The standards vary - for example, the D&T board has rules around not attacking posters' clubs because so many would react to negative views on a recruit or trade by slagging the poster's team's trading history, but that could easily be fair game (or at least not punished) on the main board.

Ultimately if you go in with an attitude of "don't be a dick", you're unlikely to get banned on any board. Unfortunately a lot are either sheltered on their own team board or there + the main board + Bay 13 and think everything goes everywhere. They're the ones that most often get bans.

If you go on to a team board to laugh at their misfortune you're gone. If it's even just post about their misfortunes you need to tread very carefully because obviously sensitivities are a lot higher versus just a casual team discussion at some point during the year.

So when Cockliff38 declares gleefully that having discovered what FIGJAM stands for that he is heading over to the Pie Board you are fairly sure that **** is going to be a dick and will incur a ban that will not only stop him from cocking it up over there but anywhere else for a week ... ok makes sense - thanks :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the meaning of Leading Teams??
It's one of those corporate team building consultancies that comes into a club and institutes some kind of program. Don't know too much more about it other than it obviously pisses off some players.

Who'd have thought.

I had no idea 'Leading Teams' was a thing.

WGfmaxB.gif

Numpty question here- what does it take for a member like me to get the ability to be able to start a thread?

Is it number of posts, length of time since joining. or...? I'm just curious- most regulars here are on the ball so the chances I can post something before is minimal. Except for stuff like AFL fantasy etc

The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back