The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone at the club - barring Matthew Scarlett - calls Christensen 'Bundy'. Scarlett calls him 'Chrisso', which he doesn't particularly like, but the forward-midfielder admits he is a "bit afraid" to tell the veteran defender that just yet.

It was a nickname given to him by an uncle in Darwin, who called him that at an early age after Al Bundy, from the US TV sitcom Married, With Children.

To this day, Christensen is not sure why, but it has stuck.

Source

All good. I read his uncle called him that after the character from the show. I just wonder if they understood the original reference.
Interestingly/coincidentally, Ted Bundy, the serial killer did have a brother named Al.
The name Al Bundy is also a name of American folklore.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Al_Bundy

The much more heroic and sexy Al Bundy however...
http://tavernofterror.com/2013/03/nightmares-in-tv-land-married-with-children/
FIRST FUN FACT:
While many people believe that the Bundy family was named after serial killer Ted Bundy, creators Michael G. Moye and Ron Leavitt actually named the family after their favorite wrestler, King Kong Bundy, who ended up guest starring on the show twice; once as himself in the Halloween episode Flight of the Bumblebee, and once as Peggy’s Uncle Irwin in the episode All in the Family.

The basis for the TV Al being linked to Ted is a very common misconception that I think we have all had at some stage.;)

Hey when's the draw for next year released? Can't find it anywhere.
Judging by previous years, most likely toward the end of next week (ie once the trade furore dies down).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does Christensen's nick name "Bundy" come from?

I was kind of hoping it came from Bundaberg Rum :D Then we could get them to sponsor the team and Allen can do TV adds with "Bundy Bear". I recall a survey of what supporters of different teams drink (2014 I believe) and at the Gabba the Lions crowd favourite tipple was "rum" followed by Beer. So for the marketing geniuses at the Lions - Get on up to Bundaberg Rum's offices NOW...... Forget the live lion - we need a Drop Bear

I was kind of hoping it came from Bundaberg Rum :D Then we could get them to sponsor the team and Allen can do TV adds with "Bundy Bear". I recall a survey of what supporters of different teams drink (2014 I believe) and at the Gabba the Lions crowd favourite tipple was "rum" followed by Beer. So for the marketing geniuses at the Lions - Get on up to Bundaberg Rum's offices NOW...... Forget the live lion - we need a Drop Bear

I went to a Melbourne Acers baseball game a few years ago and if a certain player from the other team got struck out it was $3 beers for that innings. We should have $3 bundys for the rest of the quarter when Bundy kicks a goal.

The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back