The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks!

Is there much of a difference between the GA area on the left and the one on the right (on the map) - wondering about the sun etc?

Sun hopefully will be mostly gone by then. But for day/afternoon games the Stanley st side gets the majority of the sun.

Sun hopefully will be mostly gone by then. But for day/afternoon games the Stanley st side gets the majority of the sun.

*looks chagrined* Does Stanley St run on the north south east or west side of the ground (not marked on the map and I totally such at orienteering etc)

*looks chagrined* Does Stanley St run on the north south east or west side of the ground (not marked on the map and I totally such at orienteering etc)

So northern side = vulture and shade.
Southern side = Stanley st and depending on where you sit, sun.

As per Elixuh,s reply, Vulture St is North, Stanley St south and Main St west.
For such a late game, the sun won't last long, but I've placed it roughly where it'll be on Sunday arvo (actually most arvos).
GA areas are circled in red at either end.
The 'enemy' cheersquad sit at eastern end (section 15) and get most opposition supporters at that end (sections14-20)
Lions cheersquad sits at western end (35/36).
The dotted areas there are unlicensed (yuck).
The Lions' players' race is between 34 & 35 (actually through 35)
Lions shop is outside between gates 2 & 3.

Gates open at 3:00 for a 4:40 start.
If you want to sit right at the fence, you need to get in pretty early.
gabbamap.JPG

With the sunday afternoon games at this time of year sections 17-20 you are still sitting in the sun for the first quarter and a half generally, pretty much everywhere else you get enough shade from the height of the stands if you are in 1st tier GA.

What are the rules in terms of what you can bring to the game - eg plastic bottle of water ok ... do they confiscate stuff even the tic tacs in your pocket etc?

http://www.thegabba.com.au/About-Us/Terms-and-Conditions-of-Entry.aspx

BEVERAGES - OTHER
All beverage items must have an unbroken seal and must not be contained within a glass container or within a can. Plastic or cardboard containers are suggested forms of beverage containment.

Thermoses containing tea and coffee are allowed for AFL fixtures. These may be checked by security for liquor licensing reasons.

Tic tacs will be fine...theres a section on food in the link and all other relevant things.

Tic tac smuggling is worth a 3-6 month jail sentence, from what I remember.

No no you've got that mistaken with spoons that can be sharpened into shivs.

The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back