The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were playing a game where we were getting creamed (like the one we just played) ...

If the opposition kicked a point and we just all ran off the field for the rest of the quarter would there be a penalty ... does it go back into the middle after a certain time or ... ?
There is a time limit for the kick-ins when a ball up is called so the opposition could just kick uncontested goals for the rest of the game.

OK, Numpty Question.
On our profiles int he margin.

It has our avatar- cool and stylish minifig of LIONO from the thundercats- Check
It has our name- Odd log in name that i didn't realise would be my username- Check

Then it has a title.

Some people have premiership player, some have norm smith medallist, some have something more obscure. I just have premium Platinum. I don't want to be premium platinum. I want to be something cool and footbally, how do I change that?

OK, Numpty Question.

It has our avatar- cool and stylish minifig of LIONO from the thundercats- Check
It has our name- Odd log in name that i didn't realise would be my username- Check

Then it has a title.

Some people have premiership player, some have norm smith medallist, some have something more obscure. I just have premium Platinum. I don't want to be premium platinum. I want to be something cool and footbally, how do I change that?

only cool and footbally people know the answer to that

OK, Numpty Question.

Then it has a title.

Go to the "matwt73" link in the top right (assuming desktop BigFooty), click "Personal Details" and you can enter a custom title as about the third option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Lions Big Footy Community,

I have created this handy wall chart using the power of Venn Diagrams i hope it helps.

I was really hoping to see a matwt72 circle somewhere on its own in there.

Dear Lions Big Footy Community,

I have created this handy wall chart using the power of Venn Diagrams i hope it helps.

So you are saying that there are people who don't think there is is a clique who are also members of the clique?
And ... people who deep down secretly want to be in a clique but would never admit it who are also in the clique and are also in the anti clique and who also things there is a clique?
And ... people who deep down secretly want to be in a clique but would never admit it who are also in the clique and don't actually think there is a clique ...

Some of those clique people must be seriously disturbed individuals ...

Gee, VR, you really want me to go there? OK.
It actually makes perfect sense. and is entirely internally consistent.

In respect of your first point,
There is a group of people who are referred to as 'the clique'. Many of those people are of the view that there is no clique. Some of those people will likely accept that there is a clique. Therfore whether a person, personally believes that there is a clique or not, in no way determines whether they are part of the group commonly reffered to as 'The Clique'.
Further
My proposition is that all of those people who refer to themselves anti-clique, actually do believe there is a clique. (otherwise their own description of themselves is a logical inconsistency). Note this differs from the above because members of 'the clique' who argue there is no clique, generally only refer to themselves in this way ironically, whereas there is nothing ironic in the characterisation of those who describe themselves vociferously as anti-clique.

In respect of your second and third points
I suggest that there are some who don't believe there is a clique per se, who want to be in 'the clique'.
There are some who aren't sure if there is a clique but want to be in the clique, or even 'the clique' if there is one.
There are some who believe there is a clique, who want to be in it, including some of those who present themselves as anti-clique. I will leave it to Haso to explore the psychology behind this, but it has been my experience that often those most aggressive in opposition to a group are merely seeking acknowledgement and acceptance by the group.

The chart does not suggest that there are any people
"...who are also in the clique and are also in the anti clique ..."
the anti-clique, and the clique, are presented as mutually exclusive sub sets. I may be in error on this. There may actually be a member of the clique, who is vociferously (anti-clique), but I could not identify them and would think it unlikely. Likewise, I cannot think of any who are anti-clique who would be considered part of the clique. Either of those propositions suggests a level of fifth collumism and trollery that is beyond my ability to discern in any event.

NB- In relation to Dlanod's comment. As soon as one contemplates the existence or not of the clique one falls somewhere on the inside of this table, (yes, no I don't know). As much as I would love to place myself completely on the outside i do think it is probably only LI, who has never even given it any thought and therefore sits outside.

Last edited:

There is a group of people who are referred to as 'the clique'. Many of those people are of the view that there is no clique. Some of those people will likely accept that there is a clique. Therfore whether a person, personally believes that there is a clique or not, in no way determines whether they are part of the group commonly reffered to as 'The Clique'.
Further
My proposition is that all of those people who refer to themselves anti-clique, actually do believe there is a clique. (otherwise their own description of themselves is a logical inconsistency). Note this differs from the above because members of 'the clique' who argue there is no clique, generally only refer to themselves in this way ironically, whereas there is nothing ironic in the characterisation of those who describe themselves vociferously as anti-clique.

I suggest that there are some who don't believe there is a clique per se, who want to be in 'the clique'.
There are some who aren't sure if there is a clique but want to be in the clique, or even 'the clique' if there is one.
There are some who believe there is a clique, who want to be in it, including some of those who present themselves as anti-clique. I will leave it to Haso to explore the psychology behind this, but it has been my experience that often those most aggressive in opposition to a group are merely seeking acknowledgement and acceptance by the group.

the anti-clique, and the clique, are presented as mutually exclusive sub sets. I may be in error on this. There may actually be a member of the clique, who is vociferously (anti-clique), but I could not identify them and would think it unlikely. Likewise, I cannot think of any who are anti-clique who would be considered part of the clique. Either of those propositions suggests a level of fifth collumism and trollery that is beyond my ability to discern in any event.

You're cooking what for dinner now?

You're cooking what for dinner now?

poopclicker.gif

Further

NB- In relation to Dlanod's comment. As soon as one contemplates the existence or not of the clique one falls somewhere on the inside of this table, (yes, no I don't know). As much as I would love to place myself completely on the outside i do think it is probably only LI, who has never even given it any thought and therefore sits outside.

Makes sense if I mentally tag the clique as perceived to be in the clique ...
You are 100% correct re no one can be in the clique and the anti-clique in your diagram ... although if my first change takes place you could hypothetically be perceived by others as clique while yourself being robustly anti clique although even then it depends on how much you and how much others you allow in the matrix at the same time ...

Does anyone know if Liam Dawson is managed by Pickering?

Mcdonald sports management from memory. Runs Greeny, CLose and Stakes as well. Remember seeing them in a pic on insta at dinner.

The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back