The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

The media is calling a dirty election. Aren't they all? The Democrats will call Trump a convicted felon who will end democracy. The Republicans will call Kamala a DEI hire as VP who made mess of her job of managing the southern border.

As I said, the main issues that concern US voters are costs of living and immigration. I'm not a US citizen so I can't vote but their foreign policy has global implications that affect us all.
One of those is inherently racist and sexist, and would result in a sacking if someone made persistent comments of that nature at my work.

Can we Make The Off Topic Thread Great Again with less US election talk?

In recent weeks there was an assassination attempt on the favourite to be next president, and the current president was forced to drop out by his own party. There's bound to be some interest. I suppose it could have its own thread like Music and AFL does.

I got a day off for calling a mod a hypocrite. Nothing like double standards to expose them.
If you were to say it was a Blues or SRP mod (or the nuffies on cats forum) I could understand that very easily.

One of those is inherently racist and sexist, and would result in a sacking if someone made persistent comments of that nature at my work.

Appointing someone to a position because of their skin colour and sex is inherently racist and sexist. But that's how Harris got to be VP. They said it out loud.

Appointing someone to a position because of their skin colour and sex is inherently racist and sexist. But that's how Harris got to be VP. They said it out loud.
You certainly wouldn't last long at my workplace with your attitudes.

You mean they appointed someone as VP to appeal to demographics that Biden was not - i.e. the same motivation as for 90% of VP selections.

I wouldn't want to work somewhere with such racist and sexist policies.
Good. We're both happy then. People shouldn't have to deal with attitudes like yours in the workplace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My little fella is in for day surgery tomorrow.

Fairly minor but still got me feeling nervous. I can’t even imagine what parents go through when they have kids who have severe illnesses.
Grommets?

Fairly minor but still got me feeling nervous. I can’t even imagine what parents go through when they have kids who have severe illnesses.
Plenty of treats for the little bloke when he's out.and a few for the parents too. Never good to see you kid in a hospital bed.

Plenty of treats for the little bloke when he's out.and a few for the parents too. Never good to see you kid in a hospital bed.
Very fortunate he at least doesn’t know what’s coming. I’m grateful for that at least.

He’ll be very well looked after but doesn’t stop it being rough sadly.

Best of luck. Sure it'll be fine.

Spent the first 8 weeks of my life in hospital being 7.5 weeks early.
Under developed kidneys born with scar tissue, under developed lungs. Couldn't breathe on my own for the first month and weighed about 900 grams.

Could not pee without excruciating pain until I was about 7. You know the pain that getting kicked in the plums causes, that pain that makes you crouch unable to stand up. That was the pain until I was 7.

Can never smoke as I am a grown adult with lungs 75% capacity of a normal adult, equivalent to decades of being a smoker.

Has also contributed to brain abnormalities at birth that have me as a lifelong mild insomniac. Not that I can't sleep, I just can't sleep early or get to sleep quickly. Have learned that 1-2am is the prime bed time to sleep promptly. Any earlier and won't be able to sleep.

The report does rubbish online scuttlebutt about the identity of the person responsible. At this stage still unknown.

But stabbing 3 kids under 10 to death is precisely the type of person discussed a few pages back that shouldn't get to live anymore, and we're definitely better off without as a society. Some sick ****s on this earth.

Good. We're both happy then. People shouldn't have to deal with attitudes like yours in the workplace.

I wouldn't want to work in a workplace that had attitudes like yours. Appointing someone to a position because of their skin colour and sex rather than their abilities. It's racist and sexist.

But why are we here? Harris came nowhere in the 2020 primaries. Being appointed as VP gave her a massive leg up to be the next presidential candidate. The Democrats then rigged their 2024 primaries process so that Biden was the candidate - until all delegate votes had been cast. Then they dumped him and Harris was appointed. If the Democrats had been honest from the start, with Biden not standing because of his mental impairment - Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders or Tim Kaine might have beaten Harris by their election process.

There's talk of Harris appointing a 'white man' to be her running mate. It's just as racist and sexist as her appointment as VP. For example, it would exclude Gretchen Whitmer and Corey Brooker.

I wouldn't want to work in a workplace that had attitudes like yours. Appointing someone to a position because of their skin colour and sex rather than their abilities. It's racist and sexist.

But why are we here? Harris came nowhere in the 2020 primaries. Being appointed as VP gave her a massive leg up to be the next presidential candidate. The Democrats then rigged their 2024 primaries process so that Biden was the candidate - until all delegate votes had been cast. Then they dumped him and Harris was appointed. If the Democrats had been honest from the start, with Biden not standing because of his mental impairment - Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders or Tim Kaine might have beaten Harris by their election process.

There's talk of Harris appointing a 'white man' to be her running mate. It's just as racist and sexist as her appointment as VP. For example, it would exclude Gretchen Whitmer and Corey Brooker.

You clearly don't understand how equity policies work. They are not about giving anyone a job because of their sex or race.

And people like you who don't know that, or do know that but still use the term as a pejorative are disgusting.

I hate the idea that my daughter will come across people like you, with prehistoric attitudes like yours that choose to demean any of her achievements because they're too insecure to understand that a women or someone that comes from an ethnic minority background might be the best person for the job.

Harris was elected VP by the way. Not appointed.

You clearly don't understand how equity policies work. They are not about giving anyone a job because of their sex or race.

And people like you who don't know that, or do know that but still use the term as a pejorative are disgusting.

I hate the idea that my daughter will come across people like you, with prehistoric attitudes like yours that choose to demean any of her achievements because they're too insecure to understand that a women or someone that comes from an ethnic minority background might be the best person for the job.

More flinging shit, still no substance or relevant.

Best place he can be mate.

Hope all goes well. It's a cliche, but he won't remember this and will be better off for it.

Parenting can be real tough some times. Hang in there mate.

Have spent a lot on medical bills in (just under) the two years my daughter has been born. But they're resilient little ones, it will be OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back