The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Because you used high level statistics rather than providing the deeper statistics. Then you just used the old racist ideology of the African Americans only wanted welfare.

You just keep being wrong.

What deeper statistics are there? It's very easy and obvious to see how each party voted on a bill. That's how you know how many votes for and against there were...

Well the Democrats were an incredibly racist party, no party in the US history can rival them. So yes, over the history of the US they have the worst record for racist ideologies and policies.

I mean you seem to be trying to defend them like they were some benevolent organisation that wouldn't dare ever think to enact a strategy to get voters to rely on their policies to ensure they never considered using their vote as leverage to gain more for it.

You just keep being wrong.

What deeper statistics are there? It's very easy and obvious to see how each party voted on a bill. That's how you know how many votes for and against there were...
The ones I posted.

It's literally what happened Karen.

Just because you have no idea doesn't mean it's not factual.

Karen :tearsofjoy:

Guys I think I got bingo! Bostonian saying Karen in a completely unrelated discussion!

You do realise that it doesn't change the fact the Republicans supported the bill as a higher % of the votes cast by their members?

Why does it bother you so much that the Democrats were the most racist party in US history?
Because they had lower numbers that always has a chance of happening. Duh statistics.

And because it was how they had always voted. Historical evidence shows that.

Why are you that triggered by the Republicans having a historically good record on these Civil Rights bills?
Yep. And the Germans always voted for Nazis. 1930 showed that.

Oh yeah you got me.

Well when everything I posted was a fact then it wasn't hard to get you.

I mean how did you not know that black voters started voting Democrat when the New Deal came into play in 1933 after being neglected as a voting base by the Republicans.

That's a bit before ole big brain and his 1960s Civil Rights spiel kicked in.

Yep. And the Germans always voted for Nazis. 1930 showed that.

And like the Nazi Party the Democrat Party should have been wiped from the face of the earth after the Civil War.

Unfortunately it wasn't and because of that Reconstruction was destroyed and Jim Crow Laws came to be. Maybe read up on the impact they still have on people.

And like the Nazi Party the Democrat Party should have been wiped from the face of the earth after the Civil War.

Unfortunately it wasn't and because of that Reconstruction was destroyed and Jim Crow Laws came to be. Maybe read up on the impact they still have on people.
I know what the Jim Crow laws are. You're all "poor blacks" then "vote Donny, he's not racist at all". Might as well vote for Adolf as he'll gather the Jews together.

For me, I don't particularly care who was the more racist party in the past. I do care about who is racist now.

If that was the Democrats I would be criticising them.

But I'm not sure how anyone can be upset about past Democrat alleged racism while defending everything that comes out of Trumps and Vances mouths.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well when everything I posted was a fact then it wasn't hard to get you.

I mean how did you not know that black voters started voting Democrat when the New Deal came into play in 1933 after being neglected as a voting base by the Republicans.

That's a bit before ole big brain and his 1960s Civil Rights spiel kicked in.

I am aware of when the shift started.

Absolutely irrelevant news but Affleck and JLo divorcing within 2 years of getting married is hilarious.

If it didn't work 20 years ago...

They are celebrities.

His next girlfriend will be 21 years old. And she’ll marry a 72 year old billionaire.

Surely Trump's campaign is all but dead at this stage. Which is staggering to say.
Michelle Obama certainly roasted him tonight.

Usually the Dems will get a decent little bounce in the polls post convention, so I'd expect Harris to have about a 5% lead at the end of the week.

It's still going to come down to swing states ultimately, but Harris has a potential path through Arizona, Georgia and Nevada now which wasn't possible a month back.

I'm not sure Trump is out of it just yet. Long way to go.

Last few days have seen a sign of a bit more discipline from the Trump campaign, and I think when they stay on message they are capable of landing some blows on Harris. How long they're able to stay disciplined is another question.

Harris still has to navigate the press, a few policy releases (first ones haven't gone down all that well) and the debate.

There should be a bounce coming out of the convention, and Harris has all the momentum. But still a pretty tough ask to maintain that, and win in the states where it counts.

Never played or even seen a Borderlands game. I assume they're worth a look?

Yeah, definitely. The art design might get a bit of getting used to but it’s pretty much agreed that B1 and 2 are great games. B3 is good fun too but gets a bad wrap. Why? I have no idea.

First one was good, didnt play much of the 2nd but I wasnt as enamoured by it. These days I barely get to play games as despite my wife having an office to go to she WFH most of the time (sure her company loves paying for that...) and she uses it as the office. Now with a baby on the way there will be even less time.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back