The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-docker-motivated-by-fathers-lost-vfl-chance/

A couple of things,

Crozier learns the pecking order when he sits in Pavs seat
Lachie's been a boarder for 3 years so moving away from home doesn't worry him
Voice over lady mentions Sutcliffe's initial dissapointment at being overlooked by the eagles....??? It was freo that didn't pick him up last year.
Crozier has an... interesting voice
Simon Lloyd defends the decision not to draft any WA kids for the 2nd year in a row.

Perhaps part of the initiation is to make them suck on helium.

Guarantee nothing would of been said if the slime recruited no WA kids

Exactly! There was a period a few years back where they didn't take any local talent and not a word was said in the media.

Just understand though, that this is being driven by none other than our mate Hackdorn.

There is always the risk of the go home factor when recruiting interstate players. We've had a few over the years that served out their contract and then asked to be traded. It's a bit hit and miss of course, hopefully they're all of the Pavlich type and not the Warnock type.

That we are now an up and coming club with a good young list and the potentiil to be flag contenders in the next few years will help eliminate the go home factor compared to when we were a basket case.

It feels really nice to say "when we were a basket case". We have things to improve and holes in the list and so forth, but we have come along way in the last few years. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the spirit of the upcoming draft and celebration of the inevitable meltdowns, I thought this deserved a little bump for people who wanted a little laugh. :) here's the Class of 2011's main draft thread.
Solid Bump Grape Bear

Good laugh reading the reactions. I encourage a lot of people to read at least the first 5 pages of this before passing comment at this years draft... :rolleyes:

Well with some reflection I don't hate this draft.
Sheridan seems a reach but I'll reserve judgement.
Crozier sounds like he could be anything, in the Fyfe mould.
Forster meets a need and sounds very classy, big tick.
Neale could be win, definitely worth a spec pick.
If Sutcliffe plays a game from 71 then bonus.
I'm just baffled why we didn't take Kersten. I still believe it was a mistake not taking Darling last year and I believe we will regret this one too.
We obviously have a plan, a model we are working to but I simply don't see how you can win in September without a few big guys and we have none coming through.
Deeply puzzling.
As always I am the voice of reason (once I stopped screaming "no freaking falls again!!!!!") :)
Wonder what happened with Forster, he had a nice pedigree but we cut him pretty quick.
And I guess we are getting a few bonus games from that Sutcliffe kid!

In the Freo player Watch board I admitted my error in questioning the out of nowhere Sutcliffe pick. Love him now and want to see him play midfield more. Sheridan at 16 is still very much in question though, for such a high draft pick. Still time left to prove himself though. All clubs should be ashamed for letting Brad Hill slide to Hawthorn. Would easily swap Alex Forster for him.

In the Freo player Watch board I admitted my error in questioning the out of nowhere Sutcliffe pick. Love him now and want to see him play midfield more. Sheridan at 16 is still very much in question though, for such a high draft pick. Still time left to prove himself though. All clubs should be ashamed for letting Brad Hill slide to Hawthorn. Would easily swap Alex Forster for him.

That was the massive boohoo for me. Who was to say though that he would have turned out as he is today without Hawthorn's development system? In hindsight, he should have been picked over Forster, but I suspect even more meltdowns would have been forthcoming if we hadn't picked up at least one tall after Shero and Croz.

haha some good comments on the first few pages.

Would love to see what was said during the 08 draft.

Last edited:
haha some good comments on the first few pages.

Would love to see what was said during the 08 draft.

Nothing will beat the meltdown from Freo fans when we "reached" for Ballas, we were heavily ridiculed by opposition fans too.

08 and 11 are quite possibly our best ever drafts though but certainly that wasn't the consensus on the day!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2011 Fremantle Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back