List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of 2014 Free Agency list, I'd like to first lock our blokes in. All three will attract interest from other clubs if left unsigned.

bloody oath, but then who would you look at, for me it is Frawley (easily will fill a need), Boak and then if we believe we could stop him from being a softcox, big IF, you could try Gibbs maybe, I am not that keen of FAs over 28.

bloody oath, but then who would you look at, for me it is Frawley (easily will fill a need), Boak and then if we believe we could stop him from being a softcox, big IF, you could try Gibbs maybe, I am not that keen of FAs over 28.
Pretty much agree with these names but its too early to speculate as many on this list will sign new deals well before the free agency period.

Looking at NDS's defensive efforts in the first half of our match against the Saints this year reminded me of Wellsy. :oops:

Looking at NDS's defensive efforts in the first half of our match against the Saints this year reminded me of Wellsy. :oops:

now I know its not the oxford debating society here but wot exactly is your point?
so neither wellsy or NDS are the non plus ultra of defensive midfielders
so?
do you think we finished 10th becos of that
rather more likely that we finished 10th due to the fact that half the team cant hit targets under pressure
probably more now I think about it
do you want us to keep playing levi:confused:

boak has just captained Port into the finals
hope u can keep this extraordinary quality of insight going for another 11 thousand or so posts

Righto.

Some solid info that I'll leave in this thread. Take with a grain an' all...

- Eddie Betts - Looking less likely than previously thought. Which brought a smile to my face. Still a possibility, but more likely that he won't end up at Aegis Park.

- Nick Dal - Our number one target and has been for quite some time (as has already been discussed). Remains our focus and priority it seems. Pricing? Well 2nd round pick is on the table. We'll be pushing for a second rounder in return for Luke D, because we really want a 2nd round pick as our first 'live pick'. Which brings me to the next point.

Silver - Pick 8.

Ayden Kennedy - Well, I've been informed that he may actually remain on the list. The two who report to Cam told me, he doesn't feel at ease with a list that lacks depth in all areas and Ayden may get a reprieve. He's right on the border at the moment. We're looking at perhaps picking up a state league player for depth. For example, when I stated halfway through the year that we were looking at Clouston etc. Not sure which way they'll go.

Aaron Black - Those rumours about him heading back home. I didn't hear anything at the time and I checked up on this again. From what I was told, there's little to no concern there. He's loved by all, and should remain at the club.
Has he signed til 2017? Hasn't heard anything as of yet and is unsure.

Now leave me the **** alone. I'm off to finally hit GTA V after work.

AK getting a reprieve because of depth issues would suggest that Spud may be pulling up stumps, unless the depth issue is just in reference to Keys going.

All sounds good if it follows that script HH. NDS tick. No Betts tick. AK tick. Silver & Black tick tick tick.

And drive safely in GTA V. ;)

Pretty much agree with these names but its too early to speculate as many on this list will sign new deals well before the free agency period.

so Aylett, Holyoak and Joseph waited for the 10 year rule to be formalised before deciding to speak with Davis, Wade and Rantall and one or two others, I think not. now (if it is not too late) is when we should be sawing some seeds with potential FAs for next year.

boak has just captained Port into the finals
hope u can keep this extraordinary quality of insight going for another 11 thousand or so posts

Not to mention that Boak had the chance to go to Geelong last year when Port were rubbish, and chose to stay. Can't see any way he'd pull up stumps in a year's time now they are on the rise and he's been made captain.

Not to mention that Boak had the chance to go to Geelong last year when Port were rubbish, and chose to stay. Can't see any way he'd pull up stumps in a year's time now they are on the rise and he's been made captain.

Howdy H2H, I agree why would he? so we would we ask the question? due diligence is such a waste of time and effort most of the time.;)

Howdy H2H, I agree why would he? so we would we ask the question? due diligence is such a waste of time and effort most of the time.;)

I think that the interesting questions will come when his contract is up, from memory Port paid overs to retain him. With their younger players wanting a bigger slice will that put cap pressure on.

Will Port walk the line the tiggers are at the moment with quality players assessing options elsewhere? If so good for the rest of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that the interesting questions will come when his contract is up, from memory Port paid overs to retain him. With their younger players wanting a bigger slice will that put cap pressure on.

Will Port walk the line the tiggers are at the moment with quality players assessing options elsewhere? If so good for the rest of the competition.
Don't think it's an issue at all. Boak chose to remain loyal, and I think that'll remain the case. Port culture >>> Richmond culture I reckon.

Don't think it's an issue at all. Boak chose to remain loyal, and I think that'll remain the case. Port culture >>> Richmond culture I reckon.

I meant more about the paying overs.

Would he continue to remain loyal if it means a paycut?

The culture thing isn't even a question. Port this year showed more heart than most clubs could ever hope for. A club like Melbourne has just paid millions of dollars to a coach who they hope can bring them half of what Port showed.

I meant more about the paying overs.

Would he continue to remain loyal if it means a paycut?
I reckon he would, particularly if they maintain the recent trajectory. I suspect they are pulling together a culture of unity, like we have, that will see him and any other 'stars' remain.

I want Luke Delaney at Carlton. Seeing some posters say he is worth pick 40-50?

Straight swap for Laidler.

Both want out. Both are nearly identical in all areas except height, and role in defense. Laidler plays a more 3rd man up/general style role. Dislocated his kneecap several times in 2012 and was poorly managed by Carlton. Tried up forward by Malthouse who acknowledged we have too many back flankers (McInnes, Duigan, Bootsma, White, Davies), later in the season, had a screw removed from his knee, and played well in defense.

Comparison of stats:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3203&tid2=4&pid2=2749&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

Same age, same number of games played, same round in the draft, Laidler has a higher disposal and mark count than Delaney, which can be attributed to having a more rebouding style role.

Preparing to be shot down.....

Both want out. Both are nearly identical in all areas except height, and role in defense. Laidler plays a more 3rd man up/general style role. Dislocated his kneecap several times in 2012 and was poorly managed by Carlton. Tried up forward by Malthouse who acknowledged we have too many back flankers (McInnes, Duigan, Bootsma, White, Davies), later in the season, had a screw removed from his knee, and played well in defense.

Comparison of stats:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3203&tid2=4&pid2=2749&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

Same age, same number of games played, same round in the draft, Laidler has a higher disposal and mark count than Delaney, which can be attributed to having a more rebouding style role.

I'd rather give you Delaney for free.

Comparison of stats:

Delaney has been offered a 3 year deal by the Saints and been told that he will play regular senior footy and is wanted by other clubs. Laidler would be nothing but a back up for North.

As price is dictated by market, it would appear that a straight swap is strongly in Carlton's favour.

Delaney has been offered a 3 year deal by the Saints and been told that he will play regular senior footy and is wanted by other clubs. Laidler would be nothing but a back up for North.

As price is dictated by market, it would appear that a straight swap is strongly in Carlton's favour.
Yeh thats fair enough.....what would st kilda give up for him though? I think Carlton could easily offer him the same deal?

Yeh thats fair enough.....what would st kilda give up for him though? I think Carlton could easily offer him the same deal?
We want Dal Santo, they want Delaney. Not saying there is a swap on the cards but there would certainly be discussions. I'd say North may end up taking the Saints 3rd pick if NDS goes via FA to North and the Saints get bend 2 compo (end of first round).

Jameson and Henderson look to be a fairly settled combination and unless Watson is for the tip you also have that option. The Saints have no decent defenders above 6'3. Actually, I shouldn't even bother with the measurements. Delaney will get more game time at the Saints. IMO.

Jameson and Henderson look to be a fairly settled combination and unless Watson is for the tip you also have that option. The Saints have no decent defenders above 6'3. Actually, I shouldn't even bother with the measurements. Delaney will get more game time at the Saints. IMO.
Dont agree with the last point. Henderson is needed up forward, and Jameson's shoulders are getting worse every year. We would go Watson and Delaney as our big men, with Jamo the third tall.

Agreed you could probably get more from St Kilda in a trade though.

NICK Dal Santo is perhaps only a week away from determining whether he will remain at St Kilda.
The dynamic Saints midfielder, a three-time All Australian, is considering an offer to join North Melbourne and is expected to make a decision before the Grand Final.

From the AFL website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back