List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll only trade Montagna for a good price (ie top 15 pick), but they're putting him out there just to see what is offered I'd say. Someone like Hawthorn may see their window being open another year or two, and be prepared to give up their first rounder and someone like Savage or Hallahan.

Seems like a poor move to trigger his 1 yr deal clause, they would likely have got more taking the compo pick + a good deal on delaney than what we will have to trade after we take Luke F/S

For sure we have to. I am just saying from our point of view as supporters, it's too early to discuss the 2014 FA names, as we don't even know which of them will still be free agents come the start of the year, let alone the end. That's not to say the club shouldn't have a quick chat to their managers.

do you really think our discussions have any bearing on anything? we can discuss what we want.

I think we'll make an agreement along the lines of:

Saints let Dal come to us as a free agent (we keep our 2nd rounder)

We trade Delaney to them at reduced price (3rd rounder pick 38ish)

We then keep 3 picks inside the 40 and we get nicky dal.

I was happy to give them our third rounder as well, as I doubt it will be used and should push the deal over the line.

If we could manage to get NDS as a FA and swap both our 2nd and 3rd rounders and Delaney for their 2nd and 3rd rounders I would be over the moon, and I think it would be fair on all, they are getting a future AA fullback and we are getting a past AA midfielder.

I think that the interesting questions will come when his contract is up, from memory Port paid overs to retain him. With their younger players wanting a bigger slice will that put cap pressure on.

Will Port walk the line the tiggers are at the moment with quality players assessing options elsewhere? If so good for the rest of the competition.

All I am saying, is ask the question. nothing more.:)

I was happy to give them our third rounder as well, as I doubt it will be used and should push the deal over the line.

If we could manage to get NDS as a FA and swap both our 2nd and 3rd rounders and Delaney for their 2nd and 3rd rounders I would be over the moon, and I think it would be fair on all, they are getting a future AA fullback and we are getting a past AA midfielder.
Seriously? :stern look Were that the case, I'd be surprised.

People thinking we're getting pick upgrades on both 2nd and/or 3rd round picks? Can't see it myself, but while I'm not inclined to overrate NDS, neither am I of the mind that Car Keys is a particularly massive bargaining chip.

Seriously? :stern look Were that the case, I'd be surprised.

People thinking we're getting pick upgrades on both 2nd and/or 3rd round picks? Can't see it myself, but while I'm not inclined to overrate NDS, neither am I of the mind that Car Keys is a particularly massive bargaining chip.
It comes down to market value mate. If there are others interested, great for us. Even so that Keys has been offered 3 years and guaranteed seniors footy means they must value him. If no NDS then we should push as hard as possible for a second round pick. If not a swap of second or their third seems reasonable for a best 22 player, especially one in a key post.

It comes down to market value mate. If there are others interested, great for us. Even so that Keys has been offered 3 years and guaranteed seniors footy means they must value him. If no NDS then we should push as hard as possible for a second round pick. If not a swap of second or their third seems reasonable for a best 22 player, especially one in a key post.
Of course, but if NDS comes as a free agent, it's because the Saints (and Nick) are doing so as a form of trade, including being a 'not-so-free-agent' (agreeing to come to us, vs open to all offers). This offsets whatever we'd get for Keys fairly significantly I'd think.

That said, I agree with your last 2 sentences.

Can confirm there was an offer on the table for him before the start of this year.
If it was possible to grab both Dal Santo and Montagna I would do it. Especially in light of Betts likely to go to Adelaie, which should ensure that we have enough money for both. The question will be can we trade for both. I'd say the answer would be no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can confirm there was an offer on the table for him before the start of this year.
Realistically it would have to be next year if he wants to come join Nicky Dal as weve got nothing to trade with.

Of course, but if NDS comes as a free agent, it's because the Saints (and Nick) are doing so as a form of trade, including being a 'not-so-free-agent' (agreeing to come to us, vs open to all offers). This offsets whatever we'd get for Keys fairly significantly I'd think.
I reckon we would still get a third if we get NDS via F/A. We can't look like we have colluded.

That said, I agree with your last 2 sentences.

or would it be, what StKilda would get as a FA would be more then what he is valued on the open market?

Well, now that the clause has been triggered and Saints will require a trade to get him across... What would get it done?

Let's just assume (in all likelihood its correct) Luke Mc is pick 8 so thats off the table.

What currency do we have? 2nd/3rd Rounders, Delaney a given, Gysberts? Harper? (I'd want to keep him just throwing up names), Kennedy?

Well, now that the clause has been triggered and Saints will require a trade to get him across... What would get it done?

Let's just assume (in all likelihood its correct) Luke Mc is pick 8 so thats off the table.

What currency do we have? 2nd/3rd Rounders, Delaney a given, Gysberts? Harper? (I'd want to keep him just throwing up names), Kennedy?

What have I missed?

1187253_627227033964398_356683564_n.jpg

Dal comes as FA, Saints get compo pick
Keys to Saints swap of 3rd round picks.

Looks good to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back