The official "X v Y" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hodge and Fev vs Riewoldt and P Burgoyne

Hodge and Riewoldt are both absolute champions of the game. Depending on the structure of your team (whether you need stronger back in Hodge or a boost to your forward line in Riewoldt) you can take either. They are both as good as one another so exclude this from your equation.

So it comes down to Fev V P Burgoyne.

Fev is inconsistent and will win you games but also lose you many. I don't agree with people saying that the delivery will be better this year.....it was equally good last year. It's a worry when a player kicks 99 goals and still averages under 90. He purely relies on goals and I don't see him getting better then 100 for the year.

P Burgoyne on the other hand is gold. Word from the Port assistant coach is that he will play more in the middle. The last time he played in the middle was in 2007 and we all know what he averaged ;).

Riewoldt and Burgoyne for mine all the way.

Judd (Car) and Haselby (Fre) VS Selwood (Gee) and Vince (Ade)

Which forward should i buy with $538,200???

Chaps or Richoman

I have 138k left in the bank and am happy with my team. I have Bartel atm but can upgrade to Ablett. should I do it?

I would get Gazza. I can't see him dropping too much, assuming he drops at all. Provides a nice safe captain option.

Selwood + cash vs. Goodes (leaning towards him)

Goodes for mine. Decent pre-season, a more proven performer.

Mine - Bartel, Deledio, Adcock
vs.
Judd, Chapman, Drummond

Option 1, but i'm not a fan of Adcock.

Hodge and Fev vs Riewoldt and P Burgoyne

Comes down to Burger vs Fev and i'll go with Burger for more consistency and upside.

Jake Spencer or Mike Pyke?

Tom Bellchambers or Tyrone Vickery?

Flip a coin, i'd go Pyke and Bellchambers if i had to.

I think Salo could really become premium if Port rise up the ladder in 2009. But Gibbs has already shown he's taking that next step, and at 500k he's a bargain. I'd take Gibbs.

Dal Santo or Pendlebury? AND Dal Santo, Gibbs, McIntosh or Cox, Kerr, Tuck?

I'd go Dal - hoping for a big year from him. on the second one, its tough to pass up cox, but option a looks better.

My question is Raines v Hoilihan and Adcock v Malceski

Probably option 2

one of the last one's.. Swallow and Hentschel VS Tuck and Ziebell/Yarran

This rookie forward stuff is annoying!!

I think Salo could really become premium if Port rise up the ladder in 2009. But Gibbs has already shown he's taking that next step, and at 500k he's a bargain. I'd take Gibbs.

Dal Santo or Pendlebury? AND Dal Santo, Gibbs, McIntosh or Cox, Kerr, Tuck?
I don't have any of these players in my team !!! But probably DalSanto > Pendles and option 1 for your other 1.

Broughton or Suban ?? Who is likely to play more games early?

J Selwood or Salopek ??

A) Hasleby or Tuck

B) Franklin or Pavlich

A) Hasleby - Tuck may have trouble keeping a spot when others come back from injury, or so I have been told !!

B) Pav - more consistant, may be able to pick Buddy up a bit cheaper later on !!

You missed this 1!!

Broughton or Suban ??

Also who is a better Forward bench option than Walker besides Mitchell ??? Anyone ???
Personally not sold on Walker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuck VS Selwood

Tuck: Pros: Consistent, should improve in line with Tigers who should get a bit more ball. Not as many DT'ers will have him. Cons: With Cousins, Deledio, Foley & others in the midfield he may get a little less game time.

Selwood: Pros: Likely to become one of the standout players in the comp and should post some mammoth scores. Cons: With ABC + others in the midfield, he might have some quiet weeks. Everyone will have him.

A) Hasleby - Tuck may have trouble keeping a spot when others come back from injury, or so I have been told !!

B) Pav - more consistant, may be able to pick Buddy up a bit cheaper later on !!

You missed this 1!!

Broughton or Suban ??

Also who is a better Forward bench option than Walker besides Mitchell ??? Anyone ???
Personally not sold on Walker.
Broughton looks set to play, while some people are jumping off Suban for some reason.

I'm having the same problem with my forward bench. I just started Brown on the ground and made Walker Emergency alongside Hogan.

Tuck VS Selwood

Tuck: Pros: Consistent, should improve in line with Tigers who should get a bit more ball. Not as many DT'ers will have him. Cons: With Cousins, Deledio, Foley & others in the midfield he may get a little less game time.

Selwood: Pros: Likely to become one of the standout players in the comp and should post some mammoth scores. Cons: With ABC + others in the midfield, he might have some quiet weeks. Everyone will have him.
Selwood definately. :thumbsu:

Cheers, Raines and Malceski are the incumbents but I have been leaning towards Hoilihan and Adcock over the last few days...means I am going to have to find about $50 000 from somewhere though!

I still think malceski is going to have a good year, which means if you can't find the 50k from somewhere simply have Houlihan and Maceski.

Im interested in your thoughts on Hogan (your view as a Geelong fan)

Ok, I'll take this one step further.
Raines, Malceski and Hill (all on the field)
versus
Houlihan, Adcock and Broughton (all on the field)
Ill have to say Raines Malcheski and Hill, only because it's too risky putting Broughton on the ground ahead of Hill.

EDIT: Go with BlueBoys prior answer.

I still think malceski is going to have a good year, which means if you can't find the 50k from somewhere simply have Houlihan and Maceski.

Im interested in your thoughts on Hogan (your view as a Geelong fan)

I think he's a very good player and should score very well for his price if he gets a game. But that is the big question for all young 'uns at the cats right now. I've got him on the bench because I think he might sneak a game or two in early.

What do you guys think of Porplyzia if he's named R1?

Would he be a better buy over people similarly priced like SJohnson or Fev, both of whom I'm very wary of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back