Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy it if they dropped the price to $50 ish

I wouldn't, it's a complete botch job. It's as if someone designed it from memory rather than looking at the actual 2004 guernsey. All the bits are there but they're all out of place and proportion.

Apart from this effort ISC have been excellent. It's their only f@#k up in my opinion.

I wouldn't, it's a complete botch job. It's as if someone designed it from memory rather than looking at the actual 2004 guernsey. All the bits are there but they're all out of place and proportion.

Apart from this effort ISC have been excellent. It's their only f@#k up in my opinion.
My thoughts exactly, I've had a look at the ones in the shop a couple of times and it just doesn't do it for me. I'm not normally one to run down the club but it just seems like a bad design poorly implemented, whereas the old Nike ones were more of a bad design well implemented.

My thoughts exactly, I've had a look at the ones in the shop a couple of times and it just doesn't do it for me. I'm not normally one to run down the club but it just seems like a bad design poorly implemented, whereas the old Nike ones were more of a bad design well implemented.

I actually don't think it's a bad design, it's well put together and aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but the "Prison Bars on Acid" concept was a bit of a long bow to draw.

I actually don't think it's a bad design, it's well put together and aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but the "Prison Bars on Acid" concept was a bit of a long bow to draw.
Yeah I was never a big fan, although I did really like the old away guernsey (the one that Tredrea kicked 8 against Carlton in, not the lightning bolt one that everyone seemed to like) so it was a fine line for me.

Yeah I was never a big fan, although I did really like the old away guernsey (the one that Tredrea kicked 8 against Carlton in, not the lightning bolt one that everyone seemed to like) so it was a fine line for me.

Yeah I was a fan of that guernsey aswell, but those teal socks....

My God.

I'm already missing your avatar with Wilson pictured wearing said guernsey

They actually managed to put one New Era hat there and it's the worst one.
It's not even about teal

So true. From a clothing/merchandise stance, teal is far from a 'bad' colour to push on the masses. Saying that, it's not a hard to use the colour poorly. Which subsequently results in tasteless/tacky/cheap and somewhat immature merchandise. You also need to find the right shade of teal. IMO, the black crown/teal brim caps look rubbish. Then again, each to their own.

As previously stated, normal OSFA caps don't fit me (pun). So I'm basically left with a choice of a black monogram cap (not the most practical to keep your head cool), caps that were designed for those born after the OJ Simpson trial, or ones that wouldn't look out of place on the set of Housos.

I don't know if I would buy it, but the below Dodgers cap is a better attempt at using teal than any of the PAFC monstrosities.

Los-Angeles-Dodgers-9-Fifty-New-Era-Snapback.jpg

Seriously, I would only buy the below PAFC New Era, to destroy it.

504a268f8a744_P1130622.jpg

I still can't believe a black NE with a teal monogram (I would have a completely black brim) hasn't been released. Nor a more 'conservative' marl-grey NE with a black monogram.

0001060_lewis-hamilton-flat-brim-cap-grey-one-size_300.jpeg
grey_marl_snapbac_large.jpg

Last edited:
Black NE with alternating teal P and white A would be interesting to see

Personally, I think a monogram looks better when it's one solid colour, in silky thread, and well raised. Even a monogram outlined in different colour can 'cheapen' the look. Then again, each to their own.

Last edited:
I bought my son a LA cap for Port games in exactly this design....

I am guessing the teal is a darker shade, than what appears in this photo?
New_Era_59FIFTY_Seasonal_Basic_Los_Angeles_Dodgets_Fitted_Cap_2_1__03049.1406160622.1280.1280.jpg

I still want to see what an all teal monogram NE would look like. Possibly more appealing to the fairer sex?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering it was a Nike design, maybe that's why it's all out of proportion?
It may look similar, very similar, but it isn't the same design so doesn't breach any trademark or intellectual property rights?
Just a guess.

Does anyone know when/if the port store will be getting more superman logo shirts in? Not a superman fan but damn those shirts look cool

got a couple of nice quality scarfs, some cufflinks and a hat from the store. the 'first 18' scarfs are real quality

I am guessing the teal is a darker shade, than what appears in this photo?
New_Era_59FIFTY_Seasonal_Basic_Los_Angeles_Dodgets_Fitted_Cap_2_1__03049.1406160622.1280.1280.jpg

I still want to see what an all teal monogram NE would look like. Possibly more appealing to the fairer sex?
Make it happen Port Store!

Not a bad idea as long as it didn't come across as being cocky.

Would be fitting for Showdown XXXX which would take place in the first showdown of 2016 which would also be our home showdown.
A 'Josh Carr undefeated showdown guernsey' with 10-0 on the back would come over as cocky but it would look great! :) image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back