The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Left field option but what about Moloney for captain for two years until the others are ready or is he too old?

Mayes........wow!

Odd, as to me Rocky screams natural leader more than anyone on our list bar Browny. Reckon he is undoubtedly the man to captain us going forward.

Odd, as to me Rocky screams natural leader more than anyone on our list bar Browny. Reckon he is undoubtedly the man to captain us going forward.

I think he speaks to the media well also. Plus he's a character, not just a cookie cutter bloke.

I reckon he's perfect for our next captain, seems a natural leader, loves the club and really leads by example on the field.

That's one more thing today that I loved - Rocky got tagged but managed to break it and be (imo) BOG for us. Immense effort.

I agree Rockliff is a leader, but not in my view a captain. Rockliff (to stretch the military analogy) is a Sergeant. Fantastic work rate, relates to the enlisted men, respected by every one in the unit. But sometimes (particularly in Brisbane as a non AFL town) the officers have to go out and hob bob with the mayor or represent the team to the non afl/soldiering public. I think that is why they are grooming rich.

It takes nothing away from Rockliff as an onfield leader, and in some ways Rockliff would be better at that role (i think he is naturally more confident and outgoing) but Rich is the Lion that Non lions know and with that comes the responsibility.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2

I'd be staggered if Richy ended up being captain. Brilliant footballer, but is quite media shy and shy in general. Not a loud guy within the group at all. I think it would be like making Nigel Lappin captain in our premiership years over Vossy.

I think they went with the two of them as co-captains this year because they weren't really sure yet, but I really strongly believe that Rocky has jumped right to the top of the line this season. Just my gut feel, but you barely ever see Rich do the post match pressers with Vossy, or do the press conferences throughout the week - if it's not Browny or Jed, it's almost always Rocky.

Taking all of that into consideration, I'd say Rocky was $1.05 to be our next captain, with Rich out at about $10 right now.

I'd be staggered if Richy ended up being captain. Brilliant footballer, but is quite media shy and shy in general. Not a loud guy within the group at all. I think it would be like making Nigel Lappin captain in our premiership years over Vossy.

I think they went with the two of them as co-captains this year because they weren't really sure yet, but I really strongly believe that Rocky has jumped right to the top of the line this season. Just my gut feel, but you barely ever see Rich do the post match pressers with Vossy, or do the press conferences throughout the week - if it's not Browny or Jed, it's almost always Rocky.

Taking all of that into consideration, I'd say Rocky was $1.05 to be our next captain, with Rich out at about $10 right now.
Indeed,Rockliff will be captain.

Indeed,Rockliff will be captain.

Rockliff is just class all over with a blue collar work ethic. I love him and for me he's an absolute stand out to be the next Captain and that's no slight on anyone else but he is a leader of men.

The Lions supporter at the Richmond game who proceeded to sound like a fire engine every time a Richmond Player lined up for a goal at the City End. Goose having a conversation with the spot on the ground where the Mark had been taken and running back and forth sideways etc while doing so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rockliff is just class all over with a blue collar work ethic. I love him and for me he's an absolute stand out to be the next Captain and that's no slight on anyone else but he is a leader of men.

Tommv bleeds for this club.

Not on field related, but my girlfriend shared something she saw on Facebook with me that I thought fellow Lions supporters would enjoy reading. Sorry for the formatting. Things like this make me really proud of our club. Well done.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376226786774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376226786774.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376226816172.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376226816172.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 73
Not on field related, but my girlfriend shared something she saw on Facebook with me that I thought fellow Lions supporters would enjoy reading. Sorry for the formatting. Things like this make me really proud of our club. Well done.

The football club is just so more than 22 blokes running around playing the game.

Why_dont_we_have_both.gif

(somewhat serious question)

Michael Voss's several decades of service to Brisbane Lions, AFL in Queensland and sport in general.

Honest, down-to-earth, courageous, loyal, pleasant and a sense of humour.

As a player, captain and coach he has always given his all to his club.

At least we will now have our own Paul Roos in the commentary box. I'd give Lynch a C+ in terms of pumping up our team during games. Paul would be sitting at the A- to A in that area, which is what I think Vossy can achieve.

At least we will now have our own Paul Roos in the commentary box. I'd give Lynch a C+ in terms of pumping up our team during games. Paul would be sitting at the A- to A in that area, which is what I think Vossy can achieve.
I'd be surprised if Vossy doesn't end up an assistant coach at another AFL club, he even said himself that his coaching career is still very early.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back