The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone asked during the week something along the lines of 'we used to have a running side - has anyone seen them / where did they go?'

Well we saw running and overlap and corridor play and proactivity and rapid decision making for the first half of the last game - so the positive is that we know we can still do it (and as an added positive we know a bit more about who can't handle it when pressure comes and have put their hands up for a replacement)

Teams win premierships in two ways: by dominance or by stealth. We were never going to win this year by dominance, and where we are right now is the perfect position to win by stealth.

Swans 2005, Hawks 2008, Bulldogs 2016, Eagles 2018, Lions 2022.
Fagan is obviously holding something competition shattering back for the finals...... :think:

there are two things in footy which I absolutely love.

first is a beautiful leap (pure leap, no speccy). Linc has this ability and its a beautiful.

The other is an aggressively attacking kick perfectly laid out in front of the running team mate. The one Rayner did today to Bailey. (I think he also did one last year or the year before to Linc). The player doesn't even need to alter speed at all, and from the collect they are perfectly poised to continue the play.... oh man :)

while i'm at it another beautiful aspect is the 50m.. (you can't even call them bombs as it looks so effortless).. But coleman targeting player halfway across the field beautifully laid onto their lap. :sob: :sob:

gosh footy is a beautiful thing sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiddy Coleman's delivery into the forward 50. As soon as you seen him streaming forward, you wonder who the lucky forward is that is going to receive it on platter. Linc was that man on Sunday, twice.
What Kiddy is serving up with his kicks is certainly elite level at the moment

Kiddy Coleman and Cam Rayner being named in the Squad of Under 22 Top 22 players. Think Zac Bailey just misses out by 1 day which is a shame

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back