The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just quietly, this feels like the 2001 season but the Swans are Essendon.
Except, I like Sydney. They were driven out of Melbourne too and suffer the vic bias system just like us. If we can’t win, I’d be happy to cheer the swans home. (Even though they’re pissweak. 😂)

But Essendon! Essendon are evil. Don’t be fooled by the fact that they have been losing for a decade or so, there is no one more feral than Essendon supporters.

Since the bye we’ve kicked 4 or more goals in 10 out of 12 quarters. The other 2 we still kicked 3.
Our ball movement is so hard to defend when we move the ball quickly and with precision.
That was my biggest beef with the Hawks game at Marvel. Every time we got the ball everything just stopped.
No one prepared to run ahead of the ball and we resorted to the ball down the line, time after time.

Amazing from Hippy, not impossible he moves well into the top 5 of that list, or even as high as 2nd with a few more good years.

Pretty sure though that Lynch's number should be higher, I'm sure I remember Browny saying that the official club stats don't count some of his goals for Fitzroy when the Bears already existed (before he moved).

Amazing from Hippy, not impossible he moves well into the top 5 of that list, or even as high as 2nd with a few more good years.

Pretty sure though that Lynch's number should be higher, I'm sure I remember Browny saying that the official club stats don't count some of his goals for Fitzroy when the Bears already existed (before he moved).

He’s 26, reasonably has another 200+ goals within him easily.

Yep, Lynch has 633 in total across Fitzroy/Bears/Lions.

Which is quite incredible seeing he made his name as a full back and then an on baller at Fitzroy and then was debilitated for around 5 years with chronic fatigue.
Average over the whole of his career was 2.1 goals per game, it would be nice to know his goals per game average while a designated key forward, if that sort of stat would even exist.... probably up there with some of the best.

I also noticed footywire has his playing height as 193cm, only 2 cm taller than Logan Morris. :D

Average over the whole of his career was 2.1 goals per game, it would be nice to know his goals per game average while a designated key forward, if that sort of stat would even exist.... probably up there with some of the best.

I also noticed footywire has his playing height as 193cm, only 2 cm taller than Logan Morris. :D
When Lynchy played full back for Fizroy he was very much a feared opponent. Some of his battles with Lockett were legendary contests at the time. So he had a lot on Logan physically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These days they track stats on what %age of games players spend where (i.e. forward, back, wing, middle, ruck etc). But I think that is only in the last decade or so - made easier by 6-6-6 as well.

Lynch played on ball? What as a ruckman?
I remember Lynchy playing many games/periods of games on ball for Fitzroy in the early '90's. He didn't move to full time forward till 1993. Roosy still maintains he was acknowledged by the players as the best player in the game for a time at Fitzroy. Hence the unprecedented 10 year contract the Bears threw at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back