The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just realised I started this thread way back in 2013. It was certainly a different time then. Any positives seemed worth clinging onto in the hope they developed into something meaningful and sustainable.

So much water under the bridge.

Who could have guessed back then that we were still half a decade away from finals and 11 years away from a flag.

The beautiful thing is that now, all of that heartache, the heavy losses, the occasional hopeful wins, and at times the complete despair were actually just part of this bigger story, the journey to the 2024 flag.

It has been a bumpy ride, but here we are!

I just realised I started this thread way back in 2013. It was certainly a different time then. Any positives seemed worth clinging onto in the hope they developed into something meaningful and sustainable.

So much water under the bridge.

Who could have guessed back then that we were still half a decade away from finals and 11 years away from a flag.

The beautiful thing is that now, all of that heartache, the heavy losses, the occasional hopeful wins, and at times the complete despair were actually just part of this bigger story, the journey to the 2024 flag.

It has been a bumpy ride, but here we are!

AFLQ, I remember around that time, you did a post on how we can still get enjoyment out of the game even though we were getting flogged almost every week. I was a lurker then, but I came within a hairs breath of signing on to this board just so I could like your post.

I can’t find it now, but it was brilliant! So ten years later…. Thank you. 😍

Same can be said for Morris, Lohmann, Wilmot, Ashcroft, Fletcher and potentially a few others.

2023 Draft, First premiership player - Logan Morris
2022 Draft, Equal First premiership player - Ashcroft / Fletcher
2021 Draft, Equal Second premiership player Wilmot / Lohmann

Impressive young group to be a part of a premiership winning team, with a Norm Smith medalist and another polling. They all play a significant role for the team also. Adding in Ashcroft #2 and Marshall this year, that is a ridiculous inclusion of talent over a 4 year period where we’ve finished 5th, 4th, 2nd and premiers.

2023 Draft, First premiership player - Logan Morris
2022 Draft, Equal First premiership player - Ashcroft / Fletcher
2021 Draft, Equal Second premiership player Wilmot / Lohmann

Impressive young group to be a part of a premiership winning team, with a Norm Smith medalist and another polling. They all play a significant role for the team also. Adding in Ashcroft #2 and Marshall this year, that is a ridiculous inclusion of talent over a 4 year period where we’ve finished 5th, 4th, 2nd and premiers.
Our youth is really impressive IMO. What Fages and the team have managed to do or at least it looks like they have managed to do, is ensuring because of our youth we don’t fall off a cliff and drop to the bottom. For a team like the Lions, that would probably kill our chances of getting good players for free agency, trades etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back