Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So my most treasured axe is one of only 3 copies ever made of a custom Lado Earth that was done for Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden, that was used on the Powerslave album in 1983 and subsequent World Slavery tour in 84/85.

happy erection GIF by neomagazinroyale

I think people caught on that stuff like Roman-Greco wrestling was looking really dated , though to be honest it was probably mainly the outfits that turned people off, so to appeal to the younger generation the introduced a heap of stuff that became popular in the 1980s.

Will take them a while before they have Olympic World of Warcraft.

My mind was more;

Olympic Bingo; bring back the retired, the downtrodden, the old people with belts of scented highlighters.

Same amount of chance to win as 'I spun on my face and shimmied bit to some music".

Does anyone here wear Rossi elastic sided boots?
I have a pair of rm’s but I find them uncomfortable to wear for too long.
Overpriced shit basically.

Did you see Gina's gold boots at the olympics and get some ideas Saintos?

Actually Blundstones are more comfy than RMs but the RMs do wear in eventually....then need resoling.

Monty Zones Members Hunter who everyone wanted dumped our best on field.
They are from from spent forces , but seem to go missing when playing teams further up the ladder.
Hopefully they can retain form and it will help strengthen the squad next year , but a fully fit King and in form (which we have not seen for a while)with Windhager , Phillipou and Henry it is going to be tough to get a game.

It's going to be interesting what is going to happen next year - Sharman has shown he is more than up to it in the forward line and Hammer is showing his development and with Hayes and Keeler waiting in the chance to show there worth we really are starting to get depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda digging this (no I'm not buying it)

It's a sickness

Kinda digging this (no I'm not buying it)

It's a sickness

One of my mates had a starcaster I think it was called. A similar Fender hollow body looking thing. Actually sounded like shit but looked cool as.

Yamaha AES1500 - it’s a Japanese arch top.

A case of someone with L plates, middle-age crisis, buys a Mercedes I suspect
Literally a maybe singer songwriter who plays chords like a clunker and never practices. But I couldn’t resist and had been on a downer. Visiting Tokyo, my eyes lit up. Morning coffee madness. Dropped a pretty penny. It stays in my closet lest I drop it - and lose the resale value ..which is probably as dumb. Very light. I’ve never used a Bigsby thingo before but I adore the tone as I bend open chords. The guitar is super light too. Now what do I do. Make it my daily? My songwriting hack guitar, learn to play, resell it to a real guitarist who respects an instrument? Just give in an hoard it like a stamp collector?

Yamaha AES1500 - it’s a Japanese arch top.

A case of someone with L plates, middle-age crisis, buys a Mercedes I suspect

Beautiful guitar. Looks like they go around $3500k but not sure what local eBay sort of prices are like. You expect to pay a bit less private sale than through a guitar shop who would usually set them up and give them a once over.

Literally a maybe singer songwriter who plays chords like a clunker and never practices. But I couldn’t resist and had been on a downer. Visiting Tokyo, my eyes lit up. Morning coffee madness. Dropped a pretty penny. It stays in my closet lest I drop it - and lose the resale value ..which is probably as dumb. Very light. I’ve never used a Bigsby thingo before but I adore the tone as I bend open chords. The guitar is super light too. Now what do I do. Make it my daily? My songwriting hack guitar, learn to play, resell it to a real guitarist who respects an instrument? Just give in an hoard it like a stamp collector?

Play it. No point in storing it. It's a bit like cars, they are better played with than stored.

I love those Yamaha chunky plastic pick ups. When we were young a mate had an SG something from them and had those plastic hum bucker looking pick ups. Sounded awesome.

I'd play it for a year. Have it out and easily accessible. When you walk by it grab it and play it even for 10 minutes. You'll be surprised how much better you get.

If after a year you haven't bonded with it, sell it.

I'd play it for a year. Have it out and easily accessible. When you walk by it grab it and play it even for 10 minutes. You'll be surprised how much better you get.

If after a year you haven't bonded with it, sell it.
Absolutely. I normally have at least 2 out, sometimes 3, and pick up and play daily (If I'm home). I also put stuff on rotation so I'm not always playing the same neck.......

Rossi's are really comfy and look nice to.
I used to wear their work boots religiously, until I discovered Red back boots are best on a corrugated roof ( sole gripping, more fiction) I have a pair of suede Rossi dress boots, I have almost wore them out.
It's interesting coz I was thinking about giving RM's a try coz I have never owned a pair.
I like my Doc Martens too.

Absolutely. I normally have at least 2 out, sometimes 3, and pick up and play daily (If I'm home). I also put stuff on rotation so I'm not always playing the same neck.......
That is the first thing I noticed as I strummed a few chords on the AES today. Either the action is different and/or the neck wider than my usual plonker - which is also far too nice m an AE-12 (with a 'rattle' I cannot diagnose) - and so it was a little difficult to play initially.

Thanks for the tips plp. I guess I should leave it out, try not to knock it off or over and scratch it up. Maybe even learn to play some of my own tunes on it.

As far as you lot know, does the AES1500 lend itself to all styles. It looks like a Gretch to me. Like a rockabilly guitar or something like. Being light means little sustain I suppose. At the moment I am messing with an Electro Harmonix pedal that makes keyboard sounds to, in a bid to see if a group really needs a keyboardist dedicated. I assume the Bigsby is completely useful EDIT: USELESS for that - but my real love is vibratoey, trembolory, rung out chords that you might have in early 60s surf or countrish goth stuff, as well as swampy sounds.

That is the first thing I noticed as I strummed a few chords on the AES today. Either the action is different and/or the neck wider than my usual plonker - which is also far too nice m an AE-12 (with a 'rattle' I cannot diagnose) - and so it was a little difficult to play initially.

Thanks for the tips plp. I guess I should leave it out, try not to knock it off or over and scratch it up. Maybe even learn to play some of my own tunes on it.

As far as you lot know, does the AES1500 lend itself to all styles. It looks like a Gretch to me. Like a rockabilly guitar or something like. Being light means little sustain I suppose. At the moment I am messing with an Electro Harmonix pedal that makes keyboard sounds to, in a bid to see if a group really needs a keyboardist dedicated. I assume the Bigsby is completely useful EDIT: USELESS for that - but my real love is vibratoey, trembolory, rung out chords that you might have in early 60s surf or countrish goth stuff, as well as swampy sounds.
Yeah your last sentence there I very much agree with as far as the Bigsby is concerned, love those kinda sounds too.

The rule is there are no rules. If it sounds cool to you then it's cool. I can see no reason why you couldn't plays the songs you write on that guitar.

FWIW I love a bigsby. I play all sorts of stuff on this Gretsch

IMG_4885.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back