Prediction The Round 23 Equation: Where do we finish

Where will we finish?

• 5th - Fold the club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So many people really dislike the wave. I like it, gets people up and about.
It is a sign of not enjoying and respecting the play.
If you were in a meeting discussing something important when some members of the meeting were talking and laughing about some personal business. What would you feel?

It is a sign of not enjoying and respecting the play.
If you were in a meeting discussing something important when some members of the meeting were talking and laughing about some personal business. What would you feel?

People do it because its fun, noone is doing it to disrespect the game. Only those clown that throw stuff in the air ;)

People do it because its fun, noone is doing it to disrespect the game. Only those clown that throw stuff in the air ;)
Yes true, some fans might be having fun.
However, please give a deeper thought into how the players feel. In the last quarter, they are extremely tired and need motivation from the fans to maintain the intensity, but then the Wave is like i said "talking and laughing in a meeting" is a negative and disturbing sign.
I just believe a more positive encourgement is required especially in such a critical R23 game when we need larger winning margins.

I find Richmond's scenarios intriguing this week. If results go as expected and WCE and Geelong win, but Collingwood loses, then Richmond will be stuck in 4th and seemingly nothing to play for against Brisbane.

But wait!

A win would mean Geelong finishes top, so Richmond gets to play the QF at the G. A loss means Brisbane finishes top, so a trip to the Gabba. So it's all to play for for the Tigers. No potential tanking.

(If Collingwood wins, then Richmond need to win just to make the top 4.)

In hindsight, we can say that.
However, we can still focus in beating Hawthorn at home with 20 points each quarter.
There is still 30% chance that Richmond will lose to Brisbane on Sunday. (but I believe Richmond dont want to go down to 5th).

I would like to urge the supporters attending the game (including myself) NOT to start any Mexican Wave even we are 80 points in front in the last quarter. Experience tells me that the WCE players slow down when they see the wave while the opposite treat it as an insult and increase their final intensity.
I like it all we can do is go for the throat and win and win big. The rest can take it care of itself.

I find Richmond's scenarios intriguing this week. If results go as expected and WCE and Geelong win, but Collingwood loses, then Richmond will be stuck in 4th and seemingly nothing to play for against Brisbane.

But wait!

A win would mean Geelong finishes top, so Richmond gets to play the QF at the G. A loss means Brisbane finishes top, so a trip to the Gabba. So it's all to play for for the Tigers. No potential tanking.

Also a big win for Richmond will see them overtaking Brisbane (and may be WCE if WCE is not beating Hawthorn by a big margin) to sit at 2nd position hosting either WCE or Brisbane.
Will be interesting to see how Richmond control their accelelator at the last quarter.

Also a big win for Richmond will see them overtaking Brisbane (and may be WCE if WCE is not beating Hawthorn by a big margin) to sit at 2nd position hosting either WCE or Brisbane.
Will be interesting to see how Richmond control their accelelator at the last quarter.
Well if we win by 30 points and Richmond win by 50 then we are locked for second however we need to win first which is the critical.

Well if we win by 30 points and Richmond win by 50 then we are locked for second however we need to win first which is the critical.
If we won by 30 points, why would Richmond want to beat Brisbane by 50? A few goals will be better for their own benefits.
If they have the ability to beat Brisbane by 50 points, then Richmond would like to get rid of the Eagles by placing the Eagles at the 3rd position (because WCE is a bigger threat). The Richmond is not in a position to help the Eagles to have a better position to win the flag!

If we won by 30 points, why would Richmond want to beat Brisbane by 50? A few goals will be better for their own benefits.
If they have the ability to beat Brisbane by 50 points, then Richmond would like to get rid of the Eagles by placing the Eagles at the 3rd position (because WCE is a bigger threat). The Richmond is not in a position to help the Eagles to have a better position to win the flag!
True but if they won by 50 points they would remain 4th regardless and still play Geelong at the MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had beaten the pies had home we would be sitting on 64 points and then be a lock for top two. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.
Yes the Collingwood loss has cost us. We now need an unlikely series of events to finish top 2. And I don't think hindsight was required to be annoyed by that result.

True but if they won by 50 points they would remain 4th regardless and still play Geelong at the MCG
If you are Richmond, would you like to meet Brisbane or the Eagles in the GF?
If Richmond have the confident and ability to beat Brisbane in the MCG by 50 points, they will try their best to give more advantage to Brisbane by placing them in the 2nd position. By doing that, they have a better chance to face Brisbane in the GF.
Bear in mind, Richmond found WCE difficult to handle in R22.

But wait!

And am I right in thinking that if (an unlikely event, but one I am hoping for) Geelong lose - we would need to win by only about 20 points to guarantee top 2?

That would get us to around 117%, with Richmond under 113 and Brisbane just under 121. Meaning (and I know these things aren't exactly linear/related) that as richmond increase their percentage, Brisbane approximately equally lose percentage - so we could probably never get first, but nopt miss second.

There are so many scenarios even in the top 4, just from 4 games.

If you are Richmond, would you like to meet Brisbane or the Eagles in the GF?
If Richmond have the confident and ability to beat Brisbane in the MCG by 50 points, they will try their best to give more advantage to Brisbane by placing them in the 2nd position. By doing that, they have a better chance to face Brisbane in the GF.
Bear in mind, Richmond found WCE difficult to handle in R22.
True all we need to do is focus on winning the rest can take of itself as they say

Been working in Perth a lot this year and have seen plenty of the Eagles.
As many of u have said I would be confident you could take the cats out
At the G in the first week of finals.
Then all is well

Your obviously a better team then Hawthorn however
They are more a bottom half of the 8
Team in the form they are in.
Clarkson and a night game with WC off that bruising slog in the wet
Hopefully team is on and hawks ain’t and it’s not a hearts in mouth type of night for everyone
Just be grateful for a win this week first

But wait!

I think you're overthinking it. A win by Collingwood means the Tigers have to show up and beat the Lions, or they fall to 5th (their percentage is worse than the Pies).

The real question will be, if they are winning comfortably by 3-quarter-time, do they take the foot off the gas and cruise to maintain 4th?

Personally I think it will be a tight game anyway, with the Tiges winning by 3 or 4 goals. Lions have been woeful at the 'G for ages, and is the main reason why I don't think they'll win it this year.

Been working in Perth a lot this year and have seen plenty of the Eagles.
As many of u have said I would be confident you could take the cats out
At the G in the first week of finals.
Then all is well

Your obviously a better team then Hawthorn however
They are more a bottom half of the 8
Team in the form they are in.
Clarkson and a night game with WC off that bruising slog in the wet
Hopefully team is on and hawks ain’t and it’s not a hearts in mouth type of night for everyone
Just be grateful for a win this week first
Exacto! took the words out of my mouth - Lets not take Hawks game for granted.
Lets beat the Hawks first!!

The Lions haven't won at the G in over 5 years and haven't beaten Richmond there in over 10. Haven't won a final there in 15.

Since 2009 they have played 22 games there for a record of 2-1-19 (W-D-L).

Granted, 2009 was their last winning season, with 2012 and 2013 (10W-12L) their next best before this year.

Richmond a decent chance to lose this week. 3 wet games in a row. I don't think it's a coincidence we came back hard in the last quarter despite being a man down most of the day. Richmond will be sore.

If it's a dry day Sunday in Melbourne watch out. Lions played in fine conditions and have an 8 day break coming in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Round 23 Equation: Where do we finish

Back