Fixture The Run to Finals

Which teams will play Finals?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we go back to the one final we should of actually won, the 2014 one against North, would it really make any difference? Apart from being a few thousands of days shorter since we last won one, what difference would it really make?
We would have won and they would have list, and I wouldn't have an image seared into my mind of Drew Petrie pretending to be Thomas the Tank.

Edit: That Heppell centre clearance though...

Last edited:
If we go back to the one final we should have actually won, the 2014 one against North, would it really make any difference? Apart from being a few thousands of days shorter since we last won one, what difference would it really make?
It was a shitty game to lose. And that finals streak does suck.

The low percentage is a big problem, but only if we lose very game until seasons end.
The low percentage will probably only be a factor as to who gets a home final out of us and Freo. I think Freo make finals even if they lose to us and will likely finish above us in the end. They have a big final round at home against Port. It might be that if they win they get a home final. If Port win they make the 8.

Can't see us winning our final two games of the year, so really need to win the next four games.
Upset against the Swannies in a do-or-die clash wouldn’t be out of the question if we’re at our best. Brissy will bend us over up there though.

Ladder predictor basically has Swans, Blues, Cats and Lions almost assured top 4. If we win all our games we might have a sneaky chance at fourth. If we get our mojo back and win the games we start favourites in we’d get a home final. Reality is we get an interstate elimination final again.
Mate nobody is guaranteed a top 4 spot outside of Sydney. There are so many 50/50's to come for everyone between 2nd and 13th. The results between those clubs so far this season:

Brisbane: 5-6
Carlton: 8-4
Collingwood:5-5-2
Essendon: 4-5-1
Fremantle: 4-4-1
Geelong: 7-5
Gold Coast: 4-5
GWS: 6-4
Hawthorne: 4-7
Melbourne: 5-5
Port Adelaide: 5-5
Western Bulldogs: 5-7

These results show that anyone can beat anyone else on their day. I'm not ruling anyone out for making the top 4 or making the bottom 6 either way. I think it'll most likely be Carlton, Geelong and Freo but nothing is straightforward.

Mate nobody is guaranteed a top 4 spot outside of Sydney. There are so many 50/50's to come for everyone between 2nd and 13th. The results between those clubs so far this season:

Brisbane: 5-6
Carlton: 8-4
Collingwood:5-5-2
Essendon: 4-5-1
Fremantle: 4-4-1
Geelong: 7-5
Gold Coast: 4-5
GWS: 6-4
Hawthorne: 4-7
Melbourne: 5-5
Port Adelaide: 5-5
Western Bulldogs: 5-7

These results show that anyone can beat anyone else on their day. I'm not ruling anyone out for making the top 4 or making the bottom 6 either way. I think it'll most likely be Carlton, Geelong and Freo but nothing is straightforward.
While I agree with you, especially the way this season is going, the draw favours those 4 I mentioned from here on in. I might’ve given Brisbane a couple of 50/50s against Swans at home and Pies game which might have them lose and drop back to the pack but I think they are primed to finish strongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I agree with you, especially the way this season is going, the draw favours those 4 I mentioned from here on in. I might’ve given Brisbane a couple of 50/50s against Swans at home and Pies game which might have them lose and drop back to the pack but I think they are primed to finish strongly.
I think Sydney beat them. I don't see that as a 50/50. I see ours as a 50/50 with them, unpopular I know.

I thinkGeelong are almost assured on paper since they have x3 at Kardinia (incl. Wce) , and have aints, norf and I think Crows. They're only loss , imo, is at Freo.

If that's the case, Chris better be sending Brad an extra big chissie pressie this year!

Hate to say it eth-dog but you were spot on...we are no way a lock for finals - in fact we look pretty much cooked and I'd say it more likely we miss the finals now than make them..!! we've lost 5 of the last 7 now and look a shadow of the team that beat the Bulldogs, Giants & Collingwood twice...Not sure whats gone wrong but maybe we just dont have the players..

gravity-racer-car-crash-xzt8exlrvna4wy2m.gif

One of our best choke jobs has made finals more unlikely than not.

If we’d won last night we’d basically have to win 2/3 against STK, Freo and GC. You can talk about how we deserved to be lower or we are still a work in progress, but to put ourselves in such a great position and throw it away with that last 5 minutes is hard to stomach.

Not sure why this team thinks they can just stop once they get 3 goals up. I hope this has been addressed within the club.

5th worst percentage in the league currently, with supporters hoping other teams do us favours to keep us in the 8.

Do the right things Brad, play the kids, let's finish where we deserve this season and get some actual talent into this club.

One of our best choke jobs has made finals more unlikely than not.

If we’d won last night we’d basically have to win 2/3 against STK, Freo and GC. You can talk about how we deserved to be lower or we are still a work in progress, but to put ourselves in such a great position and throw it away with that last 5 minutes is hard to stomach.

Not sure why this team thinks they can just stop once they get 3 goals up. I hope this has been addressed within the club.
3/3. 12.5 won't cut it.

Fixture The Run to Finals

Back