The SEN Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And maybe Doran is the same as you, wanting to know what the in-goal area is.......after all he is a Victorian too......I dont know, nearly bet most people here dont either.....Your posts, you guys, is starting to look like a vendetta against Doran.......getting awfully personal and nasty......I have said before, I dont mind his show at all.....also accept that some of you dont, fair enough......but guys ease up with the personal insults, he (no-one) doesn't deserve that.....While I feel SEN lately has failed us on a number fronts, I also believe we are extremely lucky to have it, faults and all......

you got your username wrong, it should be MarkMum instead.....more full stops.....you defend him a hell of a lot.....some more......i think that this many people can't be wrong, i've tried to find something of merit in his shows and the only thing i can think of is that he gets some ripping (used courtesy of richo) guests but even then they are organised by his producers and doran usually throws some stupid, illinformed questions at them.
starting to dislike francis leach more now, no doubting his sporting knowledge but i think that sen managament underestimate the loyalty their listeners have towards the stalwarts that have stuck with the station, i don't like the fact that francis seems to have barged his way into the top of the a-league coverage, i thinks zappers, trimmers are more than capable.

Didnt you read here that they closed for business the other night when the Hewitt match was being played
If they are not serious about doing that tennis match overnight why would you think they are serious about any sport overnight anyway.
Maybe the program is sponsored by Pizza Hut now

I don't understand why some of you got so worked over that Hewitt Baghdatis game, FFS it was on free to air live. Why would anyone tune in to SEN to hear the match? Tennis is shit on radio anyway.:thumbsdown:

As for talkin about pizzas all nioght, I enjoy the non sport talk, it breaks up hearing the same stuff over and over. Like how the run home always start off talkin about non-sport at the start of most shows.:thumbsu:

I didn't hear the interview, so excuse me if I'm talking out of my arse, but was Mark Doran simplyasking things on behalf of his listeners. I gather that Storm fans, and rugby fans in general, would know what was being discussed, but what about the average dumbarse punter like meself?

I think the job of a presenter isn't just to show off how much they know by asking long winded questions like Maher but to ask questions so that the listners know what is going on. I din't hear the interview so I don't know if Mark Doran was trying to educate the listners or didn't know what the infield was.

It's been anything but sport at the top of the show when most people are tuning in and want to talk about what's happened during the day.
While it's always good to have sport as the basis for All Night Sport, a bit of general talk doesn't hurt. The Gladiators is one of the most entertaining shows on SEN and they throw in a fair bit of discussion on music, movies, food, comedy etc and it works beautifully. I think Franka has taken a leaf out of the Gladiators book to an extent and wants to make it a more entertainment-based show. But I think he needs at least another person in the studio with him, give Ross Payne or Willoughby more of a role - no matter how charismatic one presenter is, on their own, the show doesn't work as well.

The talk last night turned to your favourite pizza shop. Whilst this might be a good topic at the bar or over dinner, wasting two or more hours on it on radio was excessive.
Keeping in mind what I said above, last night's show was incredibly boring and I agree with you on this. Finding the best pizza shop in Melbourne? Please. It was just people plugging their local shop around the corner and saying 'the pizzas are beautiful'. I only listened for about half an hour but I imagine that went on for 2 hours? Seriously it would be more fun reading the Yellow Pages listings on pizza shops than listening to that crap.

I'm all for adding more of an entertainment aspect to the show, but naming pizza shops isn't my idea of a good listen. Should have just made it a web poll and be done with it.

Similarly, Mark said they are going to do a blondes vs brunettes themed night next week. Put it on a website poll, please don't make it into some huge thing.

Is this SEN or FoxFM?

Props to Mark Franklin he has been great lately. When he first got started the whole midnight to dawn thing he kept on going on about the shows product which got a bit annoying and hence went on a little bit too much about the US sports. Since New Year though he has pretty much stopped that and is now just hosting an awesome program all round!
Also well done tonight considering he is answering all the calls as Rosco must be away sick or something. He is still taking calls and managing sports updates. Top work!

-Ben

Quite surprised a few people are cutting up rough about SEN not doing live crosses to the Hewitt vs Bahgdatis match. IT was live on another station and on FTA TV. OWAAT is 6 hour show and when it finished at 1 am i was quite happy to head home and watch the remainder of the match on telly.

I figure if poeple were wanting live coverage of the game they would have been watching at home or if they only had access to the radio listen to 3LO.

I love this bloke so I thought I'd write a songa
So everyone cheer for Jo-Wilfred Tsonga
He's the unseeded fella who can do no wronga
Olay Ali Tsonga
Do you watch Tennis past mid-night,
When Lleyton Hewitt's in full flight?
When Sharapova's tucked up tight,
Does she shrink like that when she serves right?
He's a man from France cause he doesn't come from Tonga
Got more time than shares from Yarrawonga
Like Muhammad Ali, but his forehand is stronger
Olay Ali Tsonga
Federer might be the top seed,
But I bet he's gettin quite worried
I could be right or I could be wronga
I don't think he could beat Tsonga
I'm not really sure I can keep this up much longer,
I'm running out of words that I can rhyme with Tsonga
There's a Zoo in Sydney; they call it Taronga
Olay Ali Tsonga
I hope you sung along to my song about Tsonga
If he beats Nadal, we'll be singin it for longer
He's a man from France and he doesn't smoke the bonga
Olay Ali Tsonga

And maybe Doran is the same as you, wanting to know what the in-goal area is.......after all he is a Victorian too......I dont know, nearly bet most people here dont either.....Your posts, you guys, is starting to look like a vendetta against Doran.......getting awfully personal and nasty......I have said before, I dont mind his show at all.....also accept that some of you dont, fair enough......but guys ease up with the personal insults, he (no-one) doesn't deserve that.....While I feel SEN lately has failed us on a number fronts, I also believe we are extremely lucky to have it, faults and all......

He just doesn't have the knowledge to present a sports show! Nothing personal.

He just doesn't have the knowledge to present a sports show! Nothing personal.

dude if you basd getting a job on sen as a presenter on all round knowledge of all sports you would have only finey and maybe kb and bruce eva before he sued them

nothing personal but what would tim watson or billy borwnless know about pretty much anything outside of footy other than basic knowledge

and then if you look at other radio shows what does ernie sigley kind of achieve in life to be qualified to so his show or bridget duclos other than she once worked as a producer for the d gen who were funny or that bloke keith hillier what sen put on on weekends he was a dj for eon fm about 400 years ago now he s doing sport? go figure

brothers just enjoy the fact we have a station that is 24 hours sport live or otherwise its a truck load better than the alternative that is not having a 24 radio sport radio station

then replays or not i would have to go back to listen to mindless mcgowan political crap all night or ernie sigley or the same song played 25 times a day on fm station becase some record company is givng them a sling to pump it out until we spew

and guess what brothers sometimes people make mistakes when you are on radio a couple of hundred thousand people hear them when you stuff up at work and put the wrong number in the wrong column or hit delete instead of enter or send the wrong order to the wrong company or accidently urinate in the paint what they use for the number plates you dont have a couple of hundred thousand people see it or have some whinging flog go on a computer forum and write about

note to whinger dudes - get a life

fair dinkum dudes some of you would win $20 000 000 in the lotto and then complain about having to write so many zeroes on your deposit form at the bank

ps the urinating in the number plate paint wasunt strictly an accident i had used up all my toilet breaks selling wacky to some of my fellow cell mates and then got caught when i really needed to go it was ok but no one found out until about four years later when the paint started coming off the number plates and i was at a different jail then anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brothers just enjoy the fact we have a station that is 24 hours sport live or otherwise its a truck load better than the alternative that is not having a 24 radio sport radio station

If only it was.

Yesterday during Mark Dorans show with Rota and Harf, although Harf wasn't there Ben someone was his replacement. The three were discussing Harfs nickname and the self indulgent BS was boring me so I switched to 3AW and Ernie for the 7th wicket I think as soon it the guy was out. I went back to SEN and it them another 5 minutes before they thought they would bother sharing that news with the listeners. This is what I mean by Unprofessionalism, they prefer to talk to themselves instead of us the Listeners. Yet they claim to be a talk back station.... Doran was also talking to someone, I can't think of his name. Mark sounded like a kid talking to his hero, he didn't ask for calls nothing, and the guy was in the studio. I know this because he took one call live but seriously, either no-one bothers calling his show or.... he arrogantly decides who can talk to his guests.

Something 3AW does better, 100% better!

dudette i would expect that of some one who barracks for a team what has lost nearly half the grand finals they have played in and only wins one grand final for every five finals they make

they fall at the fianl hurdle so many times like a 14yo jumper dudette

and then if you look at other radio shows what does ernie sigley kind of achieve in life to be qualified to so his show

Learn to write in English mate. I don't listen to Ernie, have no time for him or his show, however, who the **** are you to question what he has or has not achieved? He has been involved in radio since 1952 and started on TV in 1957.

I think Ernie Sigley has earned his current position for a lifetime of work. I'm sure many people who grew up with him love him and adore him. I'm not one of them, but I respect what he has done in his career.

Props to Mark Franklin he has been great lately. When he first got started the whole midnight to dawn thing he kept on going on about the shows product which got a bit annoying and hence went on a little bit too much about the US sports. Since New Year though he has pretty much stopped that and is now just hosting an awesome program all round!
Also well done tonight considering he is answering all the calls as Rosco must be away sick or something. He is still taking calls and managing sports updates. Top work!

-Ben

Totally agree with you treeman.

Friday morning's show is exactly what most people want on All Night Sport. Discussion and analysis of the sporting day and keeping us updated with live sport.

If they wish to talk about non-sporting topics in future, please save it until later in the morning and keep the first few hours focused on sport.

Learn to write in English mate. I don't listen to Ernie, have no time for him or his show, however, who the **** are you to question what he has or has not achieved? He has been involved in radio since 1952 and started on TV in 1957.

I think Ernie Sigley has earned his current position for a lifetime of work. I'm sure many people who grew up with him love him and adore him. I'm not one of them, but I respect what he has done in his career.

I honestly don't like Ernie but his show works. Unlike Dorans.

are you kidding? ernie's as boring as batshit and that's coming from a 3aw listener. he takes up valuable airspace. he hasn't "earned" his position for a lifetime, what a crock of shit! i think he's got photos on someone that's why he hasn't been pensioned off. what he's doing is depriving someone younger AND hungrier to succeed of a chance to work in the media. his preparation is pathetic and he only ever craps on about himself and bloody france and luxembourg. his questioning is crap and to boot he has a reputation off air as a bloody tyrant. if he's been in the biz since 52' then it's about time he gave something back to the industry that's kept him financially comfortable for 50 years and piss him off the radio. if he's that dedicated, they can get rid of mcgowan and give ernie his spot, then watch him chuck a hissy fit. i respect what he's done in his career but he's hung on for 10 years too long and needs to go, his ideas are now irrelevant.

I honestly don't like Ernie but his show works. Unlike Dorans.
you are having us on right?
i'm not particularly a doran fan but i'll listen to him 20 times over rather than ernie. i can understand if you are over 65 and prefer to listen to ernie but anyone under that should be ashamed or committed.

are you kidding? ernie's as boring as batshit and that's coming from a 3aw listener. he takes up valuable airspace. he hasn't "earned" his position for a lifetime, what a crock of shit! i think he's got photos on someone that's why he hasn't been pensioned off. what he's doing is depriving someone younger AND hungrier to succeed of a chance to work in the media. his preparation is pathetic and he only ever craps on about himself and bloody france and luxembourg. his questioning is crap and to boot he has a reputation off air as a bloody tyrant. if he's been in the biz since 52' then it's about time he gave something back to the industry that's kept him financially comfortable for 50 years and piss him off the radio. if he's that dedicated, they can get rid of mcgowan and give ernie his spot, then watch him chuck a hissy fit. i respect what he's done in his career but he's hung on for 10 years too long and needs to go, his ideas are now irrelevant.

LOL sounds like you listen to him more than you should! Look, I don't disagree that he should retire and let someone else take his position, in fact, I can't stand Ernie Sigley, Derryn Hinch or Rex Hunt and 3AW would be much better if they deleted the three of them.

But unfortunately 3AW caters for oldies and SEN offers us an alternative, arguable our only alternative.

I was listening to KB's show on Wednesday when Ian Cohen was filling in and i thought he did a good job as well.

At the end of the show though he mentioned the two producers names and i think they were Pat and A-Rod?

I think that A-Rod was doing Finey's show for a while there cause he kept getting mentioned on the All Sports Super Quiz lol.

Does anyone know who A-Rod is??

I was listening to KB's show on Wednesday when Ian Cohen was filling in and i thought he did a good job as well.

At the end of the show though he mentioned the two producers names and i think they were Pat and A-Rod?

I think that A-Rod was doing Finey's show for a while there cause he kept getting mentioned on the All Sports Super Quiz lol.

Does anyone know who A-Rod is??

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=108616820

a-rod said:
Well were do i begin.... It all started on the 19th October 1988 when i was born at a hospital. I am a very funny man according to alot of people. Even though i do not like to brag. I can do quite a few impersonations of some famous people people such as Richie Benaud, John Howard, Tony Greig, Mark Taylor, Bruce Mcavaney, Ace Ventura(I can do the walk as well), The Mask, I am working 5 days a week at radio station 1116 SEN - Melbournes Home of Sport on Hungry for Sport from 9am to midday. I get some gooood money for producing.

Status:SingleHere for:Networking, Friends, the stray rootOrientation:Straight, unless you have a better offerHometown:Near Goldspink's NewsagencyBody type:155cm / AverageEthnicity:White / CaucasianZodiac Sign:LibraSmoke / Drink:No / YesChildren:Someday, possibly alreadyOccupation:Producer at SEN 1116Income:Less than $30,000

Similarly, Mark said they are going to do a blondes vs brunettes themed night next week. Put it on a website poll, please don't make it into some huge thing.

Is this SEN or FoxFM?
Why would you want to listen to two hours of this:

"Now we go to Jim of West Footscray. G'day Jim"
"How's it going boys?"
"Whaddaya you like mate, blondes or brunettes?"
"Ahhh, mate, I think I'll have to go with blondes on this one."
"Oh, so you're a blonde man are ya?"
"Yep"
"Alright, lets put another vote down for blondes. They lead 18-10. Thanks for your call Jim."

Franka just needs to keep this stuff as a web poll.

brother this is a funny thing

half the people say they dont want to listen to presenters just crapping they want to hear more talk back

then the other half they say they dont want to listen to crappy talk back callers

lets face its dudes a lot of teh talk back callers are crap like this jim from drug kilda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back