Opinion The Shield and Ribbon: Updating the Sacred

Remove this Banner Ad

Well now they’ve defused the Tarryn Thomas grenade they need to get onto this ASAP.

The social media Saints fans are already hyperventilating over what the club is going to do to our beloved logo. “Don’t you dare f#ck it up!!!” they cry. Next they’ll be threatening to microwave their digital memberships and never go to a game again.

The Saints have said they’re changing it. Said they’re modernising it.

Let’s see it.

This stuff is the future.

My sources tell me the club has already reached out to apparel retailer Peter Jackson and approached Olympian breakdance sensation "Raygun" for some hip streetwear collaboration. Keep your eyes peeled, Saints fans!

Edit: seriously though a collaboration with Obey is surely a no-brainer with our colours. Someone get Carl Dilena Shepard Fairey's contact details, now!

No news on this as far as I am aware. But the crows new one leaked, and their board has a thread that’s improved it already, and offered up betters options.

Crowd sourcing design (with a set fee and agreed T&Cs for the winner) and then using an agency to refine that for various scenarios might actually be a decent option.

Better not stuff it up!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could it be, a border thiccer than 1px?

giphy.gif

I heard the club is really leaning into the angel theme. We are about to become the first catholic AFL club. The players, coaches and staff will need to be baptized or they will be traded or fired. The club has changed direction from bringing in elite Bayside talent, to devoted Catholics! The new extension of the giant mega church is due to start around Christmas. Fans will be able to attend and donate money in the name of the club, I mean father!

But nah I like this move. The beginning of a new era!

I don't know about this. There's something nice about having a logo that's been around for a long time. It's classic, making it bolder or look sharper just doesn't seem right.

That, and modern logo design is just about always awful.
The club has to be careful when it makes moves like this, if they make the club look too different it might have a negative affect on the fanbase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The Shield and Ribbon: Updating the Sacred

Remove this Banner Ad

Back