Admin Notice The Sweet F.A.'s Next Admin | Nominees Announced & AMA Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Jabba73 Elton Johns Wig DenieD Pickitt

A few general questions;
1) do you think it's time to scrap player exchange during the mid season and make it an open player movement opportunity?
Been bugger all trades done, maybe needs a tweak.

Reluctant to leave it open to carte blanche movements given it will likely destroy struggling clubs in favour of those who probably are doing alright already. Will consider it with strict limits in place.
2) outside of total elimination, what are your ideas for keeping posters engaged through their bye round
Already suggested earlier this time could be used by clubs to take a team approach to writing the upcoming match thread OPs or fire up their media contributions. I believe the main problem with the bye is the interruption to the flow of participating in match threads and lack of planning from LGs to keep the team occupied and engaged.
3) what is one thing about the other candidates that would make them a good admin
None of them are me.
4) How do you feel you'd fair if there was a complaint or rule breach against your club, could you handle that objectively without playing a victim card or making excuses
My focus would be on the league, my club is big and ugly enough to make a case on its own merits. There is also the ability for the committee to override any decision deemed to be outside the scope of the Admin to make.

My passion and advocacy for my club will be redirected into my work as Admin and that is where my loyalty will lie.

Already suggested earlier this time could be used by clubs to take a team approach to writing the upcoming match thread OPs or fire up their media contributions
Now we're two mechanics working on the same wagon Jab!

Now we're two mechanics working on the same wagon Jab!
82pzyt.jpg

1) do you think it's time to scrap player exchange during the mid season and make it an open player movement opportunity?
Personal view, I think it's fine as it is. Plenty of time to move between seasons. And as the OOBs found out very early this season (between list lodgement and the first game) that a player was adamant they wanted out. The mechanisms are there. Ligma got to where she wanted, we all moved on. I'm not in favour of unrestricted movement, but if someone came up with an improved model that wasn't a free for all, happy to look at it.
2) outside of total elimination, what are your ideas for keeping posters engaged through their bye round
I think it falls on the clubs really. Much like Jabba stated earlier today, maybe it's a chance to look at some media. Maybe, the people in the bye team who are good at media can engage those interested and school them a bit.

I note KP said earlier that there was no real drop off in people picking back up after a bye bar one club. That being the case, is a week off that bad that the admin needs to come up with things to occupy the bye team.

I do have one serious suggestion. At the end of the season, we have awards nights, like the Mobbs and the beez. What if the bye side did the match write ups from the previous week for Mobbs night?
3) what is one thing about the other candidates that would make them a good admin
Jabba has great attention to detail, I've seen lots of his work in committee
DenieD has some big ideas, and listed a few in his pitch, so his imagination would be an asset
Pickitt has passion, in spades
4) How do you feel you'd fair if there was a complaint or rule breach against your club, could you handle that objectively without playing a victim card or making excuses
Lived experience, I'd be fine. We made our arguments and accepted our lot. Disappointed? Sure.

Also, watching Kennedy Parker get vetoéd was an interesting one. KP put it aside and kept doing the job.

I love a stoush as much as anyone here, but it's all show. Even with the Dragons stuff, serial_thrilla will vouch that I've approached him, just this week, that should I get up, I might lean on him for his obvious skillset.

And I can call to witness many in this place that via PM, it's all good with me.

Next question - will you continue as GM of qooty in the new administration, and if not a question for the nominees - will the role continue?
Good question to ask the candidates if you’d like.

@Elton Johns Wig

Look, I would love to have the assistance of manangatang if I were successful. But I'm also mindful of the time he has put in, and he may not want to continue. I would welcome it.

As an aside, I have sought the counsel of more than a few people I respect and admire, and if not mang, I think I would have some help.

With my work schedule sometimes seeing 3-4 day gaps, I am aware that I will need some.

Personal view, I think it's fine as it is. Plenty of time to move between seasons. And as the OOBs found out very early this season (between list lodgement and the first game) that a player was adamant they wanted out. The mechanisms are there. Ligma got to where she wanted, we all moved on. I'm not in favour of unrestricted movement, but if someone came up with an improved model that wasn't a free for all, happy to look at it.

I think it falls on the clubs really. Much like Jabba stated earlier today, maybe it's a chance to look at some media. Maybe, the people in the bye team who are good at media can engage those interested and school them a bit.

I note KP said earlier that there was no real drop off in people picking back up after a bye bar one club. That being the case, is a week off that bad that the admin needs to come up with things to occupy the bye team.

I do have one serious suggestion. At the end of the season, we have awards nights, like the Mobbs and the beez. What if the bye side did the match write ups from the previous week for Mobbs night?

Jabba has great attention to detail, I've seen lots of his work in committee
DenieD has some big ideas, and listed a few in his pitch, so his imagination would be an asset
Pickitt has passion, in spades

Lived experience, I'd be fine. We made our arguments and accepted our lot. Disappointed? Sure.

Also, watching Kennedy Parker get vetoéd was an interesting one. KP put it aside and kept doing the job.

I love a stoush as much as anyone here, but it's all show. Even with the Dragons stuff, serial_thrilla will vouch that I've approached him, just this week, that should I get up, I might lean on him for his obvious skillset.

And I can call to witness many in this place that via PM, it's all good with me.
Good post.

A few general questions;
1) No, open player movement would be carnage and chaos everywhere. I'm open to expanding the mid season trade period and making it more flexible for posters who do want to change teams to do so. But seriously how difficult is it to stay with a team for 4-5 months?

2) I am hoping to get rid of the bye in one way or another, but before that happens I will be attempting to implement a bye event thread that will feature a wide variety of different activities to keep people interested during their bye week.

3) Elton Johns Wig has been around a long time (both in the committee and as an LG member) so I'm sure he has good knowledge about how the league runs and what makes it tick. Pickitt has very interesting ideas and could completely change the course of the league with a bright new outlook. Jabba73 seems to always be around and in the conversations with the rule thread and he has always had a solid stance on what he believes, so I don't think anyone would sway his position on anything.

4) I like to think that I would be able to give each and every club the exact same treatment of penalties. The rules are there for a reason (even if its a stupid reason) and if someone breaches them they should pay the price.

A few general questions;
I can see the league moving forward where both methods of movement are permitted, I think that would allow space for both the banter trade moves but also an opportunity for people to leave if they're genuinely unhappy at their club without the whole delisting drama that can ensue.
I can't say with confidence quite yet how but there would absolutely be restrictions in terms of the "open" movement, whether that be capping the team 'allowance' or taking each case one at a time and considering if the reasons are great enough to let it go through.

Plenty of posters, rookies, and veterans have expressed negative opinions towards the bye, to keep players engaged is a difficult question, some early ideas could be things such as; each team has a more chilled match which includes club legends or even celeb matches(?)
Loose ideas, obviously, but it's tough finding a solution that's appealing to everyone, encouraging players to engage in media more during the bye week is an obvious one though of course.

Jabba has already proved their superb work rate with extensive work in the committee, a great choice for admin

EJW has a great deal of maturity and experience which would be brought to the table, I believe they'd fair very well in the instance of question 4 to remain unbiased

DD Is a brilliant creative poster, no doubt some fun admin events would come if they were elected, the proof is in the last few seasons of non stop creative output in the media they have created.

Pickitt is okay..

How do you feel you'd fair if there was a complaint or rule breach against your club, could you handle that objectively without playing a victim card or making excuses?
Advocating for your club is fun, but behind close doors, the rules apply the exact same for every person, team, and whoever it may be, I can assure the SFA personal bias will have no part in my decisions.

Pickitt: How can you post like an absolute tool the vast, vast majority of the time, yet post an earnest, coherent, respectful response to questions regarding a future Admin position?

This is a rhetorical question.

I can see the league moving forward where both methods of movement are permitted, I think that would allow space for both the banter trade moves but also an opportunity for people to leave if they're genuinely unhappy at their club without the whole delisting drama that can ensue.
I can't say with confidence quite yet how but there would absolutely be restrictions in terms of the "open" movement, whether that be capping the team 'allowance' or taking each case one at a time and considering if the reasons are great enough to let it go through.

Plenty of posters, rookies, and veterans have expressed negative opinions towards the bye, to keep players engaged is a difficult question, some early ideas could be things such as; each team has a more chilled match which includes club legends or even celeb matches(?)
Loose ideas, obviously, but it's tough finding a solution that's appealing to everyone, encouraging players to engage in media more during the bye week is an obvious one though of course.

Jabba has already proved their superb work rate with extensive work in the committee, a great choice for admin

EJW has a great deal of maturity and experience which would be brought to the table, I believe they'd fair very well in the instance of question 4 to remain unbiased

DD Is a brilliant creative poster, no doubt some fun admin events would come if they were elected, the proof is in the last few seasons of non stop creative output in the media they have created.

Pickitt is okay..

How do you feel you'd fair if there was a complaint or rule breach against your club, could you handle that objectively without playing a victim card or making excuses?
Advocating for your club is fun, but behind close doors, the rules apply the exact same for every person, team, and whoever it may be, I can assure the SFA personal bias will have no part in my decisions.
I've seen enough.

Crown Pickitt as admin right now.

Exactly what this place needs, a fresh voice, a new face.

Pickitt is okay..

Did ImissFrosty write this for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elton Johns Wig
DenieD

What made you both apply for admin, when only recently you’ve both hinted at, or actually did, retire?

Will you be invested enough for the role?

Jabba73 you say you want to see a less punitive approach, yet the penalties have always been part of the fun of the place. Why do you want to ruin our fun?

Pickitt
You could hardly do the bare minimum as a captain. You have also averaged less than 5 posts this season. Why would you be any different as admin?

Now, a question for all of you. Are Chicken Kiev’s better with rice or potato mash?

Elton Johns Wig
DenieD

What made you both apply for admin, when only recently you’ve both hinted at, or actually did, retire?

Jabba73 you say you want to see a less punitive approach, yet the penalties have always been part of the fun of the place. Why do you want to ruin our fun?

Pickitt
You could hardly do the bare minimum as a captain. You have also averaged less than 5 posts this season. Why would you be any different as admin?

Now, a question for all of you. Are Chicken Kiev’s better with rice or potato mash?
Just on DenieD for a moment.

Didn't this guy melt his way out of the league for like a season or 2?

Are we confident he won't do that again as admin?

Obviously I don't have the full story but I can't be having that as my admin.

here is some footage of him at the OOBs award night

What made you apply for admin, when only recently you’ve both hinted at, or actually did, retire?

Honestly I just thought it would be fun to try. So I submitted an application. Seems like a lot of people in here (who said they wanted to be admin) didn't even attempt an application.

If I do actually become admin I will absolutely be invested and try my best to fulfil the promises that I have given in my statements in here. I will give it 100% of my time on bigfooty because I really do care about the league and I want it to grow and flourish.

it would make for some great media ;)

Elton Johns Wig
DenieD

Pickitt

What kind of ****ing psychopath eats Kievs with rice?

Mmmm, seems only a select few find that side of it fun. Just for a change, the rest of the league may well enjoy watching their pleas for the rules to be rigidly enforced ignored and a commonsense approach taken.

There are plenty of ways to have fun without trying to hurt others and spoil their enjoyment of the place. Reckon we could try that for a while, you might even surprise yourself.
Mashed potato or better still ... potato chips/fries, no question. Rice is just a cheap-ass plate filler at club bistros and should be kept for more suitable dishes.

Lol, I hinted at retirement if I won a flag, it was never happening. You know that.

As far as invested, I'll put my work with the OOBs and in the committee this last 3 seasons up as solid evidence. I'm invested. That should be the least of any concerns about me.

Pickitt

When I entered this race I knew I'd receive some warranted criticism for my time as furies captain which admittedly wasn't great by any means.
I won't sugarcoat it; I more took it as a status rather than a genuine responsibility, and after stepping back for a while I can say with confidence that I know what's needed from someone in a leadership position within the SFA.

I know this wasn't an option but roast potatoes, second mash, who the hell has rice with Kiev?

Remove this Banner Ad

Admin Notice The Sweet F.A.'s Next Admin | Nominees Announced & AMA Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back