Admin Notice The Sweet F.A.'s Next Admin | Nominees Announced & AMA Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Next question - will you continue as GM of qooty in the new administration, and if not a question for the nominees - will the role continue?
I am willing to continue this role if necessary. But I think that will entirely depend on how my first season as admin goes. If I am keeping up with the general league ins and outs and managing to do everything needed then I probably won't require the role. If I get to a point that I am overwhelmed then its an easy position to put in place.

It's a tree dude.
2c7cb59becf00a56a20aa63fa46e8633.gif

I would envisage that the role would be vital for the first 12 months at least, and probably very welcome beyond that.

It never hurts to have a team working with you as evidenced by the stronger clubs usually having a strong LG and struggling clubs usually leaving the hard work to one or two trying to keep it all afloat. Anyone who thinks they can do it all on their own is kidding themselves and I will certainly be open to either manangatang continuing in the role or someone else stepping up.
Would you consider King Tenz for the position?

I didn't even know we had a Qooty GM until 5 minutes ago.

But I'll do it, all the new admin has to do is just give me some Sweet bucks and a nicer home on Dragon Island.

Seems easy enough.

But I'll do it, all the new admin has to do is just give me some Sweet bucks and a nicer home on Dragon Island.

Seems easy enough.

Do you even know what the official currency of Sweet is?

Do you even know what the official currency of Sweet is?
Is it not Sweet bucks?

I'm pretty poor at the moment being on rookie wages and all, so a big executive type salary would be wonderful.

They would certainly hold me accountable and that is a good start.

Would need to be a volunteer though, not forced into the job.

Seems easy enough.
Being admin is easy. At the start of the season you copy and paste the rules into the committee and wait two weeks for noone to respond. Then you copy and paste the rules, sign up, squad submission, teamsheet threads. Oh, don't forget to copy and paste the fixtures! The season begins so you copy and paste the sim/match posting roster and your work is pretty much done. Throw the odd book at someone but generally chill for four months.

Then towards the end of the season, you ask everyone else to do write ups, graphics, stats, voting on various awards, collation of voting and awards, organisation of awards nights, etc. Then you let everyone know when it suits you to post each award night, wait a week or so, and then post each of the awards nights and bathe in the likes. Job done.

(This is not really what happens)

Is it not Sweet bucks?

I'm pretty poor at the moment being on rookie wages and all, so a big executive type salary would be wonderful.
It is not Sweet bucks

One of these Applications should not have passed the sniff test.

and I'm not even referring to Jabba73 's this time.
FFS ND, you have been told before to stop sniffing the candidates,
it makes everyone very uncomfortable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would certainly hold me accountable and that is a good start.

Would need to be a volunteer though, not forced into the job.
Hmmm I'm not sure I could vote for someone that gave King Tenz a choice

FFS ND, you have been told before to stop sniffing the candidates,
it makes everyone very uncomfortable
Sorry I lost the memo to give to him about sniffing the candidates, my mistake.

Being admin is easy. At the start of the season you copy and paste the rules into the committee and wait two weeks for noone to respond. Then you copy and paste the rules, sign up, squad submission, teamsheet threads. Oh, don't forget to copy and paste the fixtures! The season begins so you copy and paste the sim/match posting roster and your work is pretty much done. Throw the odd book at someone but generally chill for four months.

Then towards the end of the season, you ask everyone else to do write ups, graphics, stats, voting on various awards, collation of voting and awards, organisation of awards nights, etc. Then you let everyone know when it suits you to post each award night, wait a week or so, and then post each of the awards nights and bathe in the likes. Job done.

(This is not really what happens)
You've won my vote. And I for one welcome our falsetto'd overlords!

Neither is mine.

It is still a cop out that avoids accountability in running the league.
I agree that it’s a cop out in most cases, but it is still valid. They’re different points.

Question for the candidates: if a Captain weighs over 244kg would you be willing to give them special compensation for administrative errors on silly things like squad lists and team sheets.

Question for the candidates: if a Captain weighs over 244kg would you be willing to give them special compensation for administrative errors on silly things like squad lists and team sheets.
I am following for future references when Godzilla is allowed captain.

What’s been done in the past is incorrect then. You or the other 3 candidates have a moral obligation to ensure the league’s integrity is always put 1st.

Let this admin be defining and set the league up for the future.
It’s not incorrect BAT. It’s just not.
It’s a valid part of the voting process. I am personally not a fan of abstaining, and I never would. But I have no right to control how someone else votes (or abstains).

Remove this Banner Ad

Admin Notice The Sweet F.A.'s Next Admin | Nominees Announced & AMA Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back