Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely people wait to hear the other side of the story, or do we no longer do that?

That said, Hawthorn had a long history with racism so it wouldn't surprise me.

Surely people wait to hear the other side of the story, or do we no longer do that?
This is the not believing the victim part?
Or is it the waiting for a good reason to excuse it part?
That said, Hawthorn had a long history with racism so it wouldn't surprise me.
The whole ****ing country mate, this is just another example.

This is the not believing the victim part?
Or is it the waiting for a good reason to excuse it part?

The whole ******* country mate, this is just another example.
Call me crazy but people do lie. There'll be zero excuse if anything like what is alleged happened at all.

What's the motivation for multiple people making this stuff up?
It's probably 100% true, or maybe somewhere in the middle. I'm sure we'll know either way very shortly, don't think the Hawks would have commissioned a review if they weren't prepared to truly expose everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's also been racial related smoke around Hawthorn for years..
That argument is not enough for me to sack coaches that’s for sure, they’ll need something more concrete than anonymous evidence I’d imagine.

Not yet officially but mate Clarkson is gone. Unless North are a completely incompetent organisation they will have already been working on a plan as to who they are replacing him with.

There's also been racial related smoke around Hawthorn for years..

Not yet officially but mate Clarkson is gone. Unless North are a completely incompetent organisation they will have already been working on a plan as to who they are replacing him with.

The thing is he’d have what an 8 million buck contract or thereabouts? Assuming they don’t want to pay it out, but he’s probably entitled to it isn’t he? I reckon that’s what will make this thing a complete shitfight, well it will just add to the complete shitfight I guess.

Call me crazy but people do lie. There'll be zero excuse if anything like what is alleged happened at all.
again you're suggesting the default response to the allegations is they're lying until proven otherwise

which isn't really believing victims is it

but good to know you'll stop making excuses if it's proven true......

I'm sad that a brave young lady in that stone age country known as Iran was beaten to death by the morality police for not wearing a hijab and no one cares

It’s terrible and I applaud those women being brave enough to take a stand

I don’t think it’s lack of care, more just a feeling of hopelessness. Sure we can make sure that these women continue to be heard but unfortunately I don’t think those perpetrating the crimes really care that the world sees them because they also know there’s nothing we can do

It’s the same in Afghanistan where the Taliban have removed all the rights that the women worked so hard to obtain - we can only look on in horror

again you're suggesting the default response to the allegations is they're lying until proven otherwise

which isn't really believing victims is it

but good to know you'll stop making excuses if it's proven true......
So you'd be fine with someone coming out in your organisation and saying you did something horrific to them and that's the end of it? No right of reply, no waiting for further investigation etc etc?

So you'd be fine with someone coming out in your organisation and saying you did something horrific to them and that's the end of it? No right of reply, no waiting for further investigation etc etc?
you chuds all have the same argument for why you start from a point of not believe the victims

It's probably 100% true, or maybe somewhere in the middle. I'm sure we'll know either way very shortly, don't think the Hawks would have commissioned a review if they weren't prepared to truly expose everything.

We're in that awkward zone of everything being speculation. None of us have read the report, none of us were there etc.

What's the motivation for multiple people making this stuff up?

I don't think any of the published allegations are made up, but people do have different versions of events. Totally different context but I've been in countless meetings where things were discussed amicably only for follow up communications present totally differently. Both Fagan and Clarkson have come out pretty strongly instead of just playing a 'no comment, will cooperate with the investigation' straight bat.

Agree 100% that there's been smoke coming out of Hawthorn for years. This will take months to all come out in the wash. Unless there is something damning and concrete against Clarkson I reckon he survives, but can see others (Fagan, Kennett, whoever the CEO was) being the fall guys - deserved or otherwise.

I struggle with how many people in footy clubs seemingly "don't know" anything. 3/4 of Perth in the early-mid 2000s knew that some WC players enjoyed lines of coke at the Mustang Bar but no one at the club knew anything about it - because admitting they did would have put them in an uncomfortable position even if under the policy at the time they couldn't do much about it anyway.

you chuds all have the same argument for why you start from a point of not believe the victims
Here we go, can see this turning into some kind of #notallmen accusation. The fact that you want so strongly to have some superior morality over everyone whilst literally doing zero in the real world to help those that struggle says it all.

We're in that awkward zone of everything being speculation. None of us have read the report, none of us were there etc.

I don't think any of the published allegations are made up, but people do have different versions of events. Totally different context but I've been in countless meetings where things were discussed amicably only for follow up communications present totally differently. Both Fagan and Clarkson have come out pretty strongly instead of just playing a 'no comment, will cooperate with the investigation' straight bat.

Agree 100% that there's been smoke coming out of Hawthorn for years. This will take months to all come out in the wash. Unless there is something damning and concrete against Clarkson I reckon he survives, but can see others (Fagan, Kennett, whoever the CEO was) being the fall guys - deserved or otherwise.

I struggle with how many people in footy clubs seemingly "don't know" anything. 3/4 of Perth in the early-mid 2000s knew that some WC players enjoyed lines of coke at the Mustang Bar but no one at the club knew anything about it - because admitting they did would have put them in an uncomfortable position even if under the policy at the time they couldn't do much about it anyway.
It's also interesting that with the very bad past Hawthorn has with racism that people are acting all surprised that maybe it was still prevalent within the club. Shitting on my own supporters here but I wonder how many people would be "tearing up my membership" if it was during our successful years.

It's also interesting that with the very bad past Hawthorn has with racism that people are acting all surprised that maybe it was still prevalent within the club. Shitting on my own supporters here but I wonder how many people would be "tearing up my membership" if it was during our successful years.

Shitting on Hawthorn supporters is an enjoyable pastime, but this current subject is too serious for that. I have noticed since Clarkson left that a lot more Hawthorn fans on here are happy to speak negatively about his tactics, recruiting etc. which would never have happened 18 months ago. If he was still the head coach I think he'd have a few more people sticking up for him right now with the current allegations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back