Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Wood more than holding his own in the senior team, Knockers must know the writing is on the wall. At best, they've swapped roles, with Warnock the new VFL backup - though he'll have to expect a pay cut with that.
Time to trade him while he's still got currency I say. He's been in and out of the side long enough now for us to know he isn't going to get any better. He just doesn't have the competitive spirit. Keep Wood and delist Warnock to see what we can get.

Cows are on the lookout for a back-up for Sauce, and were sounding out Giles at GWS.

McKernan & Graham are pretty much gone, so maybe they'd have a nibble.
I'm really not sure that Warnock would be who they'd pursue though - be great if they did, but I just can't see us getting much for him.

Swans might, as they really only have Pyke and Tippett as a backup.
He would have to take a paycut, suspect there are better players than him on less coin at the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would have to take a paycut, suspect there are better players than him on less coin at the Swans.
Anyone know what we are paying Warnock ? Thought I heard he was on quite good money and had been for some time.

Stats are minimal. What did it look like?

Watched him last week - he is strong in air and below his knees - keeps his feet is well balanced and moves better than Patton. Yesterday he was playing a lot in the ruck .. ...noticed from the way some of the GWs player treated him - he is a player they know wont be with them for long. Got teh feeling they were almost abusing him the way he was forced to play ruck.

Watched him last week - he is strong in air and below his knees - keeps his feet is well balanced and moves better than Patton. Yesterday he was playing a lot in the ruck .. ...noticed from the way some of the GWs player treated him - he is a player they know wont be with them for long. Got teh feeling they were almost abusing him the way he was forced to play ruck.

He is a second ruck though. That's meant to be one of his strengths.

I have cried rivers over this nonsense for years - only to be told by the footie geniuses in here what great players they both are...every time someone types " what a great tap ruck' he is I have to restrain myself from punching the monitor...

Sure lets support players wearing the colours - but that is about ALL Warnock has ever done - worn a jumper anyone else could have payed better in.

I'll never forgive Ratten and co for some of their pathetic list decisions - they have left the Club totally bereft and under equipped to compete.

I'll never forgive Ratten and co for some of their pathetic list decisions - they have left the Club totally bereft and under equipped to compete.

JAB, it's all Mick's fault. Ratts left us with a top 4 list and a lock for the flag ;)

He is a second ruck though. That's meant to be one of his strengths.

Well if he is a 'second ruck' then why are we so interested? we need a genuine power forward a monster marker of the ball a bloke who can physically intimidate opponents and force two or three on ones OR we need 2-3 genuine leading marking types .

Anyway the kid looks good and in a few years may become something like this - but the way people are carrying on about Boyd - you'd think he was already AA - he is a very long way from being a dangerous forward.

Well if he is a 'second ruck' then why are we so interested? we need a genuine power forward a monster marker of the ball a bloke who can physically intimidate opponents and force two or three on ones OR we need 2-3 genuine leading marking types .

Anyway the kid looks good and in a few years may become something like this - but the way people are carrying on about Boyd - you'd think he was already AA - he is a very long way from being a dangerous forward.

I mean't more in terms of Boyd being a very good forward + not too bad in the ruck. He's definitely not a Levi where he looks better roaming/2nd ruck than as a pure forward.

The guy has played a handful of games. I think a lot of the hype is based on his junior performances than anything.

Originally both he and McLean were on 400K p.a.
Certainly appears to be 'overs' for these two imo. Given we have 800 K a year invested in these two just wondering what the club salary cap is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back