Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Swans should get Hall back, he is still kicking bags at the same level as Fev is playing and would be cheaper than Tippett.

I've read a couple of times on those trade Facebook and twitter pages about Joseph being targeted by GWS and Freo. Obviously sources are completely reliable, but it's a possibility and this is a rumour thread. Would help us because his contract was probably an issue in moving him on. What could we get for him in a bundle with Thornton thrown in? (if they don't take him as FA)

First round selection or GTFO. :)

Jacobs played 13 out of 23 games in 2010, his one and only season on the Carlton senior list.

That season he played the same amount of games as Kreuzer, and played more games than both Hampson and Warnock.

That's not exactly **** all game time.

...Only because the other 2 were injured if I remember correctly. I'm sure he was happy to get the game time in 2010, however, knowing that he wasn't going to be the number 2 ahead of Warnock, and fact they wanted to play Hampson forward, sure would have played a huge factor in his decision. Anyway - old news, I'm not going to resurrect that old argument.

wa
And strengthen collingwood You have to be kidding

warnock is no jolly so they wont improve - they will have a dinosaur ruckman who plays 2-3 quality games per yr and very rarely gets a possession

we will get a 10 yr player if we are smart

kruzer is a our number one ruckman so need to structure around him and hampson, casboult and mitchell as the other talls

The only way I'd take that deal is if Collingwood gave us pick 17 or 18 as well.

J. We wouldn't get two (even bottom end) first rounders for Warnock.

Whichever way a number is just a number.
The recruiters would have to work through what they believe may be available at a certain selection to ascertain its value.
One years 20 may only be as good as another years 30 and vice versa.

Hine is suggesting that this draft is very good at the top end but not so great as things progress.
Guess only time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J. We wouldn't get two (even bottom end) first rounders for Warnock.

Whichever way a number is just a number.
The recruiters would have to work through what they believe may be available at a certain selection to ascertain its value.
One years 20 may only be as good as another years 30 and vice versa.

Hine is suggesting that this draft is very good at the top end but not so great as things progress.
Guess only time will tell.

You are correct in saying that we most likely would not get that, but I'd certainly be pushing for it.

Warnock has a 3 year contract, and giving him to Collingwood will provide them a serious boost.

If Jolly goes down, they have to rely on Wood who is a spud, or Witts/Ceglar who aren't ready.

Two picks in the top 20 is overs for Warnock, no doubt. However if Collingwood does come for Warnock I will be filthy with the club if they don't make the Pies pay overs for him, and significantly so.

There's no way I'd be accepting pick 20 for Warnock on it's own. If they aren't willing to pay more than that, then we keep Warnock and they rely on an ageing Jolly and nothing underneath. Happy enough for that to eventuate, too.

Give it up guys, we're not going to be trading Warnock.

This.

The obsession with trading Warnock or Hampson is doing my head in. If we're honest though, Kreuzer needs a big year. I actually think Hampson is a better ruckman than Kreuze when he gets the opportunity to ruck alone, and is more dangerous up forward. Kreuzer is obviously far more valuable in terms of his bullocking work at ground level.

This will no doubt be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly feel that Kreuzer should be a candidate for demotion next year if he doesn't improve his output (I acknowledge that his knee injury has had a lot to do with the sub-par performances). Being a number one pick will save him obviously. To be honest though, the jury is out on his actual ruckwork, and he is diabolical when resting forward. LOVE his courage, pressure and repeat efforts, but he needs to really start imposing himself on the game as a ruckman - not as a big mid - if he's going to warrant keeping Hammer/Knockers out of the side.

In his defence, Kreuzer's attitude is club fabric stuff, and dropping him would probably trigger a mutiny, both internal and external. I just hope he can furnish into the player we know he can be in 2013.

Goldfish effect is back in play. Hampson and Warnock aren't fit to carry Kreuzer's boots as footballers. That's not a knock on those two. Kreuzer's a machine with his around the ground work and ability below his knees. Ruckwork at stoppages is better than his centre bounce work where he's no slouch. Kreuzer has clunked pack marks against Carlisle and Maric after pushing forward. Dumping Kreuzer is almost the equivalent of demoting Henderson or Waite to pick White or Thornton as a swingman. No chance.

This will no doubt be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly feel that Kreuzer should be a candidate for demotion next year if he doesn't improve his output (I acknowledge that his knee injury has had a lot to do with the sub-par performances). Being a number one pick will save him obviously. To be honest though, the jury is out on his actual ruckwork, and he is diabolical when resting forward. LOVE his courage, pressure and repeat efforts, but he needs to really start imposing himself on the game as a ruckman - not as a big mid - if he's going to warrant keeping Hammer/Knockers out of the side.

Can't come at this.

When playing as a sole ruckman (from about the second Collingwood game onwards) I though MK was quite good. His statistical output matched it with the better ruckman in the game and as we all know his influence off the ball is up with the very best. His output is enough that we don't need to be making excuses for him, but we know now he has played the entire year out with a cartilage tear.

No doubt he can and will improve (I thought his tap work came on considerably this year) but as far as I am concerned a one legged MK is still some margin ahead of Warnock or Hampson.

Can't come at this.

When playing as a sole ruckman (from about the second Collingwood game onwards) I though MK was quite good. His statistical output matched it with the better ruckman in the game and as we all know his influence off the ball is up with the very best. His output is enough that we don't need to be making excuses for him, but we know now he has played the entire year out with a cartilage tear.

No doubt he can and will improve (I thought his tap work came on considerably this year) but as far as I am concerned a one legged MK is still some margin ahead of Warnock or Hampson.

Fair enough. I just think the fact that Kreuzer is such an honest player protects him from criticism a touch (Hampson and Warnock get constantly flamed, yet rarely praised for the good things they do).

Here's hoping Kreuze has a dominant year in the ruck.

Goldfish effect is back in play. Hampson and Warnock aren't fit to carry Kreuzer's boots as footballers. That's not a knock on those two. Kreuzer's a machine with his around the ground work and ability below his knees. Ruckwork at stoppages is better than his centre bounce work where he's no slouch. Kreuzer has clunked pack marks against Carlisle and Maric after pushing forward. Dumping Kreuzer is almost the equivalent of demoting Henderson or Waite to pick White or Thornton as a swingman. No chance.

Patronising response. :thumbsu:

I acknowledged that Kreuzer is brilliant at ground level with his repeat efforts. Sure Kreuzer's taken the occasional mark forward, but they are very rare and he looks totally lost down there. I think he's a fantastic footballer but if he plays like he did this year I don't think his spot should be automatic.

Yes Im the Bulldogs fan that posted the info of the meeting. From my sources there is something going down. Word has it that Malthouse is a fan of the Fev...whether that is to get him back on the playing field or just to be a forward coaching assistant..who knows.Maybe it means nothing...Im dreaming, so dont take me wrong.
What is also interesting is the news that Collingwood have been talking to him as well.
When I posted this news on friday night I was fairly well attacked by you Carlton fans. But think about it, could he make a comeback and play well. I say why not. He has played in decent comps over the past 2 seasons with success , seems to have matured and gotten over the demons to some degree from a few years ago .Yes he is carrying a few kilos, but thats nothing as these kilos will quickly be shed in pre season training.
He definitely wants a final crack at the big time and I feel he has the mojo to acheive if given the chance.
Could be taken at a minimum cost, so why not give it a shot.
He is the best full forward going around ( apart from Franklin). Is a character , and has the ability to draw extra supporters to a game, resulting in increased revenue to the club.
Please dont attack me as an idiot like before, as there has been a few posts submitted this weekend supporting my comments.

You're alright in my book pal. Thanks for coming on and supplying the info. Not sure it will happen with the history of Fev and some players and officials, but hey, who knows, some of your points are valid.

..on the other hand, if your info is bogus, I'll hunt you down and............ (sorry couldnt help myself)

Warnock's career is dependant on him being able to reach high above his head. He has terrible shoulders. I'm no surgeon but I have massive doubts that his problem can be fixed without doing an operation that would prevent him from reaching up above his head, therefor rendering him useless. If there are any decent offers at all for Warnock then I get the feeling that it might be a good idea to take it. Massive doubts that Warnock can become a reliable asset for us and that the three year contract might be our way of making it appear that things are all good with him to other clubs. No doubting his ability to play the game, just doubting his ability to be consistently available to play.

Warnock's career is dependant on him being able to reach high above his head. He has terrible shoulders. I'm no surgeon but I have massive doubts that his problem can be fixed without doing an operation that would prevent him from reaching up above his head, therefor rendering him useless. If there are any decent offers at all for Warnock then I get the feeling that it might be a good idea to take it. Massive doubts that Warnock can become a reliable asset for us and that the three year contract might be our way of making it appear that things are all good with him to other clubs. No doubting his ability to play the game, just doubting his ability to be consistently available to play.

You do realize there will now be an article in tomorrow's HS regarding Carlton shopping Warnock around due to dodgy shoulders and the likelihood of a reduced career length ..............

Are you saying that Carlton may have signed Warnock to a 3 year contract, to make him appear to be more valuable than he actually is?

LOL.

Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back