Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry my mistake, do you stil think he is third in line, I certainly do, so why not have a win win situation even if its with the filth.
It seems obvious that you want Carlton to trade for the sake of trading.

Looking at the potential trade... on the surface it looks like a good deal for Carlton... but not at the expense of the filth possibly getting to 16 before we get to 17. Even though the filth's rate of premierships is half of what ours is, I dont want to see them get a piece of the puzzle that allows them to draw even with us or possibly even go past us on the top of the premiership ladder.

As for not being a club that no one wants to trade with. Carlton has always been a club that has traded fairly (except when dealing with the filth... we just dont trade). We are better regarded in the trading circuit than the scum who think that everyone should be falling over giving them whatever player they want for the privilege of receiving one of their 3rd or 4th round picks. Is it any wonder that Goddard is the first 'big name' player that they have managed to get into the club in ages and strangely, they managed to pinch him through free agency and it cost them nothing.

Warnock is a required player at the club or we wouldnt have given him a 3 year contract. Then we also have to work out some way of convincing him that he should go to the filth where he will be the #2 ruckman behind Jolly for the next 12 months after he has said that he would only consider a trade if he walked into the #1 ruck spot. So for Melbourne to give up pick 20 and the filth to hand over 18 and for them to make Knockers their #1 ruck it would get the deal over the line.

He's old and terribly out of shape. Taking the emotions out of it, i would sooner have Dean Gallea from Port Melbourne....and I don't rate Gallea as an AFL prospect ;)

Fev's spare tyre(s) will be easier to lose than the other baggage he carries. I have no doubt he could get to match fitness quickly enough - the question is, as it always has been, his behaviour. While I'd love to see him back in the Navy Blue and I'm sure MM is up for the challenge, it's a distraction MM could do without.

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, Fev kicks the winning goal after the siren in the 2013 GF against......the Pies

It seems obvious that you want Carlton to trade for the sake of trading.

Looking at the potential trade... on the surface it looks like a good deal for Carlton... but not at the expense of the filth possibly getting to 16 before we get to 17. Even though the filth's rate of premierships is half of what ours is, I dont want to see them get a piece of the puzzle that allows them to draw even with us or possibly even go past us on the top of the premiership ladder.

As for not being a club that no one wants to trade with. Carlton has always been a club that has traded fairly (except when dealing with the filth... we just dont trade). We are better regarded in the trading circuit than the scum who think that everyone should be falling over giving them whatever player they want for the privilege of receiving one of their 3rd or 4th round picks. Is it any wonder that Goddard is the first 'big name' player that they have managed to get into the club in ages and strangely, they managed to pinch him through free agency and it cost them nothing.

Warnock is a required player at the club or we wouldnt have given him a 3 year contract. Then we also have to work out some way of convincing him that he should go to the filth where he will be the #2 ruckman behind Jolly for the next 12 months after he has said that he would only consider a trade if he walked into the #1 ruck spot. So for Melbourne to give up pick 20 and the filth to hand over 18 and for them to make Knockers their #1 ruck it would get the deal over the line.

Please dont use nick names I am not on here 24/7 like some. As for putting words and thinking for me don't do that either. I don't want to trade for trades sake, we have three rucks who are ready to go, big bonus for us, if we can benefit from off loading one, I am all for it. In a deep pool I would like to start building the next generation of midfielders, hence instead of having three players of the same type at the club we will have two (Kreuzer and Hampson) as well as ruck/forwrads Casboult and Rowe.

Warnock was signed so he wouldn't go into the draft for free. Do you think he would rather stay at Carlton where he will be second fiddle for 10 yrs instead of one with Jolly??? Please wake up. As for helping Collingwood well its a risk worth taking, as Warnock has been at the club for 3 yrs and been injured most, hence while he still has value get rid of him.

Thats two times injuries have been brought up, at the start of the season and at the end, yet we should keep this guy?????

Can you please answer the question is he third in line at Carlton with all the players injury free?

You mean when he was injured?
he

Can you please answer the question is he third in line at Carlton with all the players injury free?

For the no.1 ruck role, Kreuzer is 1st, Warnock is 2nd, Hampson is 3rd.
For the no.2 ruck role ie forward/ruck, Hampson is 1st, so he should play regardless, unless Mick want's a true pinch-hitter and 1 ruck, and decides to play Casboult/Rowe/Mitchell instead.

Given the injury problems that effect not only our ruckmen, but all rucks, it would be stupid not to have decent coverage.

What happens if we trade Warnock out, and Kreuzer gets injured in a qualifying final?

Not as good as Warnock in the Finals series, immediately preceding his shoulder surgeries.

That was against Hille, who was third behind Bellchambers and Ryder this year. Look I agree that Warnock is a good tap ruck, but Hampson could be good coverage, and I highly doubt Hampson will play that forward ruck role. Casboult will be first choice for that. Leaving Warnock and Hampson in the two's.

Hampson could fill Kreuzers shoes in the ruck if he went down. Plus I would rookie a ruckman with the spot created from Warnocks departure. Overall it release 350k or whatever Warnock is on and a spot. You dont get things for free if you want something you need to spend, I see Warnock as that, we have a surplus lets use it while we can.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dep...s-on-trade-table/story-fn69a32t-1226496603126

What would it take to get us into the top 3 picks with Gws? Knowing they want him, Would Warnock + pick 11 be enough? Though if they're trading top picks away i doubt it would be for later ones.

Could Warnock provide us with another first rounder from GWS?
The whole first round of this draft is pretty evenly good, but nothing in the top 5 or so picks except for Whitfield is that good for us to part with some good players/picks for it.

Mate, I've been taken that many steroid injections I could kick 75+ off the right, but unfortunately only 15 off the left....and that's me good leg. I'll need a hip replacement soon enough. Not because I 'm an elite athlete, though I have been compared to Grenville Dietrich a few times, but mainly coz me legs can't hold me beer gut up any longer. I'm the best damn couch potato/spud I know. Just ask the minister for war and finance. I'm a major stakeholder in CUB and Foxtel too. I'm impotent....I mean important. CFC ain't ready for me just yet...
Well i've had three Hip replacements now ...so it's really no big deal for me anymore, i'd be more nervous if i had to get a Wisdom Tooth out, than another new Hip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're looking for "top line" talent. For us that would be Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Kreuzer.

Nobody will give that type of talent over willingly even for top draft picks.

About the best that they could reasonably do is to put themselves forward for Kurt Tippett (unlikely) or seek a trade with a team who expects to languish next season. However, I very much doubt whether a team like the Bulldogs would hand over a Ryan Griffen (who GWS would target) for another top pick or picks.

In reality, the news story is very much a non story, written and published by a scribe who is extremely bored but has to provide some form of article for his publisher, in this case the Herald Sun / News Ltd to satiate the burning desire of their readership to spice up what has turned out to be a bitterly disappointing and extremely boring free agency and trade period.

I have No source for this just throwing up a idea, what would supporters think of Warnock for Jack Watts? I know ppl will shoot me down but as i said its just a idea im throwing out there to see what others think? Would people do this or would there beed to be sweetbers IF we where to do this..

I have No source for this just throwing up a idea, what would supporters think of Warnock for Jack Watts? I know ppl will shoot me down but as i said its just a idea im throwing out there to see what others think? Would people do this or would there beed to be sweetbers IF we where to do this..
That one has been previously discussed in the recent past and got shot down rather quickly...

They're looking for "top line" talent. For us that would be Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Kreuzer.

Nobody will give that type of talent over willingly even for top draft picks.

About the best that they could reasonably do is to put themselves forward for Kurt Tippett (unlikely) or seek a trade with a team who expects to languish next season. However, I very much doubt whether a team like the Bulldogs would hand over a Ryan Griffen (who GWS would target) for another top pick or picks.

In reality, the news story is very much a non story, written and published by a scribe who is extremely bored but has to provide some form of article for his publisher, in this case the Herald Sun / News Ltd to satiate the burning desire of their readership to spice up what has turned out to be a bitterly disappointing and extremely boring free agency and trade period.
Why would GWS want Tippett, it would just put back the development of Cameron and Patton who, in a few years time, could potentially be one of the best forward combinations going around.

There is a chance, his trade value would be around a 4th round or maybe a 3rd round pick if he was left uncontracted and we went hard at offloading him. Clubs would be well and truly onto that. Had we done that it sends a clear message that his body is no good. We put him on three years and clubs might start to think "why would they sign him for three years if his body is shot". I think we need to first appear that we want to retain him before looking for a trade. It might distract from the fact that he's played 58 games in 7 seasons of football. Maybe. Then again there is always the chance that we genuinely believe that he is going to come good and be a long term prospect for us. It does seem a little strange that a guy with his history, after another season where he hardly played a game, is put on a three year contract. Then again there could be performance clauses in amongst that which we don't know of.

No, there really isn't a chance of that being the case.

Signing players up to long contracts just to try convince other clubs that he's worth more than he is........it's almost beyond words how ridiculous that sounds.

Time to wake up and enter the real world, because the situation you've painted above wouldn't happen anywhere else but fantasy land.

It would be just about the most flawed decision any sporting club around the world could possibly make.

Wow, you and a few others need a reality check. You want two first round picks for a player who was third in line behind Kreuzer and Hampson at the start of the year. Wake up and smell the roses!

Yes we might be helping out Collingwood, but we will also be helping ourselves, pick 20 (IMO is overs btw)could land us a star in a pool that runs deep this year. Or dare I say we swap Warnock for Dawes straight swap, both are solid players in their position without being superstars, good swap.

I do not want Carlton to become one of those clubs that no-one can deal with.

Let's assess the facts, shall we?

Firstly, Warnock is contracted to the Carlton Football Club for another three seasons. That means, if a club wants him, they will have to pay a high enough price to convince us to let him go. That more than likely means paying 'overs', ie. paying more than his market value may be.

Secondly, handing him to Collingwood would be significantly strengthening our greatest rival. In the ruck department, behind Jolly they have peanuts. You have rocks in your head if you think the Carlton Football Club is going to accept an average deal whilst strengthening Collingwood. It just won't happen. And it wouldn't happen if the shoe was on the other foot, either.

If Warnock was uncontracted, of course there's no way he'd be worth 2 first round picks. He probably isn't worth 2 first round picks even when he is contracted. However, he has a contract with us and everything suggests to him being a required and wanted player. Pick 20 is laughably under the odds on it's own, under the circumstances.

We don't need to give up Warnock, and everything suggests that we don't particularly want to. A single average pick (pick 20), or an average footballer who we don't particularly need (Dawes) is not going to cut it for a contracted player.

There's only one club that we'd be helping by accepting a trade of pick 20 for Warnock, and it'd be whichever club hands that pick to us.

No thanks.

Carlton are historically a fair club to trade with. Can't remember the last time a trade that really wanted to be pushed through, wasn't. You lack an understanding of the trading landscape if you think a club pushing for the best deal for a contracted footballer is being unfair or difficult to trade with.

We won't become Essendon or Collingwood by holding firm.

We will, however, become a perceived push over if we accept unders for a contracted player in a position that is highly sought after at AFL level.

Why would GWS want Tippett, it would just put back the development of Cameron and Patton who, in a few years time, could potentially be one of the best forward combinations going around.

Possibility of a three tall forward line which would enhance their development rather than impede it. Tippett can also assist Giles in the ruck.

It's being discussed on BigFooty - check Adelaide, GWS and Sydney boards.

To Jeremias:

Firstly Facts are that a ruckman who cant get a game behind two othwr rucks at a football club is not worth pick 20, pick 30+ is what he is worth. He is injury prone as well as being aq one trick pony, tap ruckman so pick 20 is definately overs.

The fact you initially said two first round picks is what made me respond as that is very very laughable contracted or not. Is that what the Suns paid for G Ablett, hehehe, I cant help but laugh. Further it is widely known that we signed him up due to not wanting to lose him for free after he wasn't getting a game.

Man, I have been told I was one eyed but you are unbelievable, good on you I would like to stand next to you at the footy following the Blues however, Dawes is a solid player, on par with Warnock, and believe it or not we need someone like him. Waites been injured and the rest of the forward line is very inexperienced. He is a Premiership player, yes not a champion but you can only fit so many in. Dawes or pick 20 is plaenty for Warnock, I say get it done.

To Jeremias:

Firstly Facts are that a ruckman who cant get a game behind two othwr rucks at a football club is not worth pick 20, pick 30+ is what he is worth. He is injury prone as well as being aq one trick pony, tap ruckman so pick 20 is definately overs.
To albyg,
You forgot to tell this fact to West Coast, who drafted Lycett in the twenties despite having Natanui and Cox. Warnock at this point is worth far more than Lycett. Not getting a game behind Kruezer and Hampson does not mean he would not be ahead of all comers at most clubs. He is injury prone though.
Man, I have been told I was one eyed but you are unbelievable, good on you I would like to stand next to you at the footy following the Blues however, Dawes is a solid player, on par with Warnock, and believe it or not we need someone like him. Waites been injured and the rest of the forward line is very inexperienced. He is a Premiership player, yes not a champion but you can only fit so many in. Dawes or pick 20 is plaenty for Warnock, I say get it done.
Why do we need a player like Dawes? He is durable, yes, but even at his best only offered just enough to take some heat off Cloke. Waite is obviously ahead of him as a forward, and I would suspect that Casboult is as well. If Henderson plays forward he is also a much better option, and Mitchell and Paddy Mac have more upside.

The new ruck rule also means he would be useless as a second ruck, further diminishing his value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back