Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Jeremias:

Firstly Facts are that a ruckman who cant get a game behind two othwr rucks at a football club is not worth pick 20, pick 30+ is what he is worth. He is injury prone as well as being aq one trick pony, tap ruckman so pick 20 is definately overs.

Just like Real Estate, a ruckman is worth whatever someone will pay. Give there are no other proven rucks who could be the #1 at a club (injury permitting of course) that makes him a very rare commodity and therefore worth more than say a capable midfielder is. He has a contract, so a price must be paid.

To Jeremias:

Firstly Facts are that a ruckman who cant get a game behind two othwr rucks at a football club is not worth pick 20, pick 30+ is what he is worth. He is injury prone as well as being aq one trick pony, tap ruckman so pick 20 is definately overs.

The fact you initially said two first round picks is what made me respond as that is very very laughable contracted or not. Is that what the Suns paid for G Ablett, hehehe, I cant help but laugh. Further it is widely known that we signed him up due to not wanting to lose him for free after he wasn't getting a game.

Man, I have been told I was one eyed but you are unbelievable, good on you I would like to stand next to you at the footy following the Blues however, Dawes is a solid player, on par with Warnock, and believe it or not we need someone like him. Waites been injured and the rest of the forward line is very inexperienced. He is a Premiership player, yes not a champion but you can only fit so many in. Dawes or pick 20 is plaenty for Warnock, I say get it done.

Thankfully you have no involvement in the club's list management o_O

To albyg,
You forgot to tell this fact to West Coast, who drafted Lycett in the twenties despite having Natanui and Cox. Warnock at this point is worth far more than Lycett. Not getting a game behind Kruezer and Hampson does not mean he would not be ahead of all comers at most clubs. He is injury prone though.

Why do we need a player like Dawes? He is durable, yes, but even at his best only offered just enough to take some heat off Cloke. Waite is obviously ahead of him as a forward, and I would suspect that Casboult is as well. If Henderson plays forward he is also a much better option, and Mitchell and Paddy Mac have more upside.

The new ruck rule also means he would be useless as a second ruck, further diminishing his value.

I really don't know why I am discussing this with you from the points you made, Casboult has played 2 games and you are saying he is ahead of Dawes, a 24 yo player who has played in a premiership and numerous finals....Wow, dillusional springs to mind!

I want him there as a permanent forward to play a second role behind Waite. If or more to the point when Waite goes down, you want a forward line with Mitchell and Casboult?? In two years time that would be great once Waite retires and they go in front of Dawes. But for now we need that second fiddle and I dont want that to be Henderson as he is a gun CHB and along with Jammo will be the stregth and key to a top 4 assault.

I presume Lycett is a young developing ruck? No injury concerns over his whole career and can actually get around the ground? Unlike Warnock.

Just like Real Estate, a ruckman is worth whatever someone will pay. Give there are no other proven rucks who could be the #1 at a club (injury permitting of course) that makes him a very rare commodity and therefore worth more than say a capable midfielder is. He has a contract, so a price must be paid.

So what is pick 20? Thats heaps!

To Jeremias:

The fact you initially said two first round picks is what made me respond as that is very very laughable contracted or not. Is that what the Suns paid for G Ablett, hehehe, I cant help but laugh. Further it is widely known that we signed him up due to not wanting to lose him for free after he wasn't getting a game.

Man, I have been told I was one eyed but you are unbelievable, good on you I would like to stand next to you at the footy following the Blues however, Dawes is a solid player, on par with Warnock, and believe it or not we need someone like him. Waites been injured and the rest of the forward line is very inexperienced. He is a Premiership player, yes not a champion but you can only fit so many in. Dawes or pick 20 is plenty for Warnock, I say get it done.

Won't happen and why would we hand over a ruckman to Collingwood !!!

Forget Dawes he is going to Melbourne :-

https://twitter.com/StevoHeraldSun

Melbourne has landed Dawes .. Full details of deal on superfooty in minutes

Thankfully you have no involvement in the club's list management o_O

Yes Warnock is worth 2 first round picks:rolleyes:

Take off the rose coloured glasses. I see this as an opportunity, don't look at it like we need to screw other clubs, if we get a fair price take it. I dont see the need to hold on to three ruckmen, when we could possibly find another star with pick 20. We should use the currency while we have it for Warnock, especially if he goes down again this year he will be worth bugger all.

Won't happen and why would we hand over a ruckman to Collingwood !!!

Forget Dawes he is going to Melbourne :-

For me its simple I dont trust Warnocks shoulders and we have three rucks, if we have surplus lets spend it to strengthen our team. Pick 20 IMO is overs for Warnock and would love to have it, because its Collingwood who have an ageing Jolly probably brings it down to a fair trade. If we can use one of our three rucks to pick up a prospecful player, i am all for it.

For me its simple I dont trust Warnocks shoulders and we have three rucks, if we have surplus lets spend it to strengthen our team. Pick 20 IMO is overs for Warnock and would love to have it, because its Collingwood who have an ageing Jolly probably brings it down to a fair trade. If we can use one of our three rucks to pick up a prospecful player, i am all for it.

Collingwood just got pick 20 for Dawes. Now that is what I call overs.

With the new ruck rules in place next year, it's Warnock's time to shine.

To Jeremias:

Man, I have been told I was one eyed but you are unbelievable, good on you I would like to stand next to you at the footy following the Blues however, Dawes is a solid player, on par with Warnock, and believe it or not we need someone like him. Waites been injured and the rest of the forward line is very inexperienced. He is a Premiership player, yes not a champion but you can only fit so many in. Dawes or pick 20 is plaenty for Warnock, I say get it done.
I think that it was me who said that we deserve picks 18 and 20. Leave Jer out of that discussion.

Dawes is a useless hack who was made to look good by a very good Collingwood outfit. He constantly gets found out when Cloke isnt performing (which seems to be quite a lot really) and his skill level is worse than anyone on our team that you would care to name. I would even go so far as to say that his marking skills are worse than some primary school kid.

I would also call you to fact about one point you erroneously made in another post. Casboult has played 6 games, 5 as a forward/ruck and 1 as our #1 ruckman. In those 6 games, he has shown much more than Dawes has in his entire career. In fact, in those 6 games, he put himself into the same league as Cloke for contested marking and while his kicking currently leaves a lot to be desired, his averages for those 6 games were close behind Clokes for the whole season. Casboult has a ton of upside compared to Dawes who, as I have stated, doesnt have a whole lot going for him. Even his manager came out and said he was worth a 2nd round pick only.

But as to your knowledge of trading... thank god you have nothing to do with the club in terms of trading and recruitment because if you worked for the club and traded Warnock for Dawes, I would be down there in a flash with a pitchfork and a rope leading the lynching party. That would be the most embarrassing trade I have ever seen the club make and I have seen a few over the years.

I think that it was me who said that we deserve picks 18 and 20. Leave Jer out of that discussion.

Dawes is a useless hack who was made to look good by a very good Collingwood outfit. He constantly gets found out when Cloke isnt performing (which seems to be quite a lot really) and his skill level is worse than anyone on our team that you would care to name. I would even go so far as to say that his marking skills are worse than some primary school kid.

I would also call you to fact about one point you erroneously made in another post. Casboult has played 6 games, 5 as a forward/ruck and 1 as our #1 ruckman. In those 6 games, he has shown much more than Dawes has in his entire career. In fact, in those 6 games, he put himself into the same league as Cloke for contested marking and while his kicking currently leaves a lot to be desired, his averages for those 6 games were close behind Clokes for the whole season. Casboult has a ton of upside compared to Dawes who, as I have stated, doesnt have a whole lot going for him. Even his manager came out and said he was worth a 2nd round pick only.

But as to your knowledge of trading... thank god you have nothing to do with the club in terms of trading and recruitment because if you worked for the club and traded Warnock for Dawes, I would be down there in a flash with a pitchfork and a rope leading the lynching party. That would be the most embarrassing trade I have ever seen the club make and I have seen a few over the years.

Yes and your trading knowledge is greater than Western Bulldogs, Brisbane and Melboure who have given up pick 20 and upgraded another pick. Do you want me to go through forwards who kiked numerous goals in their first games etc and were never to be seen again. Yes Casboult did great and I believe he will be ok and better depending on his kicking, I was being sarcastic with 2 games he played but you cannot say as others have that he is ahead of Dawes and even compared to a bit of Cloke.

You cant be a useless Hack and continually be in the 22 at one of the strongest AFL clubs for the last 3-4 yrs. He is a role player, not a championjust an honest player you know will prersent, block for the gun forward, and keep at it all day for the team. He is a team player. Anyway that deal is done, pick 20 would be a good get.

Yes and your trading knowledge is greater than Western Bulldogs, Brisbane and Melboure who have given up pick 20 and upgraded another pick. Do you want me to go through forwards who kiked numerous goals in their first games etc and were never to be seen again. Yes Casboult did great and I believe he will be ok and better depending on his kicking, I was being sarcastic with 2 games he played but you cannot say as others have that he is ahead of Dawes and even compared to a bit of Cloke.

You cant be a useless Hack and continually be in the 22 at one of the strongest AFL clubs for the last 3-4 yrs. He is a role player, not a championjust an honest player you know will prersent, block for the gun forward, and keep at it all day for the team. He is a team player. Anyway that deal is done, pick 20 would be a good get.

BTW is their any need for the highlighted comment above, or are you a cyber bully, and its not the first time as I have seen some of your previous posts, maybe you wife shouldn't bitch slap you as much as she does!
Melbourne have r*ped themselves by handing over pick 20 plus steak knives for someone who cant take a mark... awesome lack of skill to have in a KPF who needs to be able to hang onto the simplest of chest marks. And as for him being a useless hack... he got dropped before the finals and only got brought back into the side because they had no one else. In mine and anyone else's definition of a footballer, that equates to a hack. They even brought in Lynch because at least he can hang onto the ball when it hits his chest.

Yeah I remember some of your previous posts that got the reactions from me... you are an antagonistic bully yourself who constantly likes to flaunt your 'supposed knowledge' out there. You used to be a pretty decent poster back in the days, but for some reason now you have turned it all around and have become somewhat similar to BRIB, THS and others of that ilk. Also, thanks for reminding me that I am divorced... It's been quite a while since I had my heart ripped out remembering the cow I married... thanks a lot.
Welcome to my ignore list... again...

Melbourne have r*ped themselves by handing over pick 20 plus steak knives for someone who cant take a mark... awesome lack of skill to have in a KPF who needs to be able to hang onto the simplest of chest marks. And as for him being a useless hack... he got dropped before the finals and only got brought back into the side because they had no one else. In mine and anyone else's definition of a footballer, that equates to a hack. They even brought in Lynch because at least he can hang onto the ball when it hits his chest..........................................

Yep, they just slipped and landed on the light bulb :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want him there as a permanent forward to play a second role behind Waite. If or more to the point when Waite goes down, you want a forward line with Mitchell and Casboult??.

I know the discussion has moved on a tad since this post and that Dawes was ultimately traded for picks 20 and 45 (what a ****ing joke), but I feel I must state and ask the somewhat obvious....

Chris Dawes has struggled to play as the second forward under Travis Cloke. What makes you believe that he wouldn't struggle under Jarrad Waite?

Perfectly valid reasons against your logic.
  • Travis Cloke is 4 years and 1 month younger than Jarrad Waite (more longevity)
  • Travis Cloke is measurably more durable than Jarrad Waite (at the Pies he was their second target, at Carlton he would be forced to be the #1 target at any given moment)
  • Dawes had played with Cloke since 2008 and Collingwood believed that he still couldn't cut it (years of teamwork/rapport that he would not have with Waite)
  • Chris Dawes struggled as a pinch hitting ruck - to the point Collingwood dropped him from their team.
  • Chris Dawes has lead hands. When kicking to him your mids are more often than not forced to hope that he will clunk the mark
  • For someone with lead hands his second efforts are not nearly good enough. Though he's not a Fevola in regards to second efforts his lead hands almost make him WORSE than Fevola -- as in Fevs hands were so good that there were far less forced second efforts than there are with a guy who gives inconsistent second efforts and has poor hands.
Dawes had two great years at the Pies when the Pies were in the grand final and he capitalized on it with his salary (and it has gotten bigger at Melbourne). He had prime delivery both years. He is a case of being made to look better than what he really was.

I could rebut every single one of your points albyg, but for a number of reasons I won't.

Firstly I can't be bothered.

Secondly other posters have done it for me.

If Collingwood offered pick 20 for Warnock they would be laughed at, and for very good reasons which I have previously outlined.

It really is as simple as that.

I would go far as to say that one on the reason for Clokes less than stellar season was the lack of a viable alternative forward option, allowing teams to double team Cloke. Since when has a first round draft pick given up for the 82nd best contested mark in the comp and someone not in the top 100 goal scorers in the league.

lol at people who think Chris Dawes is good.

He's gone where he belongs, to Melbourne with all the other hacks of the AFL. Now when he stuffs things up, he won't stick out like a sore thumb because he'll have plenty of company.

Dramoth, it was you who brought up a lynching squad coming for me instead of sticking to the point, why?

Now in relation to Dawes he had a bad year because he was forced to play in the position he wasn't suited to Forward/Ruck for the whole year. Look at what happened to Duigan once he was forced to play as a forward more than once, he lost all confidence and found himself in the reserves. People on these boards believe Lynch was picked up ahead of Dawes, yes he was for the ruck/forward position but not for that second forward role.

Anwyay i dont want to go over old ground I believe it would be a win win for Carlton and the filth if they offered and we took pick 20 for Warnock.

Dramoth, it was you who brought up a lynching squad coming for me instead of sticking to the point, why?

Now in relation to Dawes he had a bad year because he was forced to play in the position he wasn't suited to Forward/Ruck for the whole year. Look at what happened to Duigan once he was forced to play as a forward more than once, he lost all confidence and found himself in the reserves. People on these boards believe Lynch was picked up ahead of Dawes, yes he was for the ruck/forward position but not for that second forward role.

Anwyay i dont want to go over old ground I believe it would be a win win for Carlton and the filth if they offered and we took pick 20 for Warnock.
One last reply to you then I'm just going to completely ignore you.

Why would I be leading a lynch squad for you if you were in charge of list management and recruitment and you traded a #1 ruckman to the filth for just pick 20? It would be because of the following reasons and would be the same reasons that the filth managed to scam pick 20 out of Melbourne when he is clearly not worth what Melbourne paid for him:
  1. Warnock is contracted for 3 years
  2. Warnock is a required player at Carlton
  3. Warnock would walk into the #1 ruck role at Wobblewood and instantly make them into premiership contenders
  4. Warnock is a playing in a rare position and there arent that many pure ruckman around.
Now put that up against the fact that the filth got in Lynch as a FORWARD not as a Ruck/Forward like you seem to think. Now why was Lynch picked up as a forward (by the way... he is as shit in the ruck as Dawes is), because despite your thinking that Dawes has just had a bad year... well in a way, you are right. Dawes had a shocking year because he was over-exposed because of the double teaming on Cloke which usually left Dawes one out with his defender. He was also shown to be damn near next to useless (highlighted by his own coach laughing at him in the coaches box when that regulation chest mark bounced off his chest) because he has gone backwards. Why was he forced to play as a forward/2nd ruck? Because after Jolly, the rest of the filth rucks are useless and he was the only guy left on their list who could potentially play as a ruck without disrupting their setup.
So despite the fact that we dont trade with the filth, you would be happy to gift them with a #1 ruckman who would replace all their other dud rucks for just a single 1st round pick. You would gift them with a rare type of player that they desperately need that will make them premiership contenders next year and you are wondering why there would be a lynch mob after you.
It would be the dumbest piece of trading that the club has ever done. We dont strengthen our rivals by gifting them the missing piece to their next premiership puzzle.
Now... you have your answer to a couple of things... so piss off, I dont want to talk to you any more. That wife crack hurt a bit more than you might ever imagine.

Don't believe Pies got pick 20 for Dawes

The guy can't even take a chest mark, bounces off him like bullets off superman

Daylight robbery, absolute daylight robbery
Quentin Lynch had exactly the same issue with chest marks maybe 6 or 7 years ago as well. He's turned out into a good honest forward and will do alright at Collingwood. Can't see why Dawes can't do the same at Melbourne, little bit of confidence and voila, serviceable.

In reality, Melbourne definitely overpaid, but draft picks are only as good as the player they're used on and if they had no confidence finding a good player, then why not trade it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back