Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pick 11s a bit much i'd say
Without knowing too much about McKernan in 2012, I'd say so. I'd suggest a downgrade in a first round pick trade and a steak knives player would be the only way #11 was used.

i ment that pick 11 was worth way too much to be traded
i may have made myself unclear
I was agreeing with you, but added that the only way it would be in that equation is if the Crows gave us their first rounder as well, so all we paid was a downgrade of our first rounder for him.

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere. But word is you guys want Shaun McKernan and are willing to give up pick 11...

Personally I believe Smack has all the attributes to be topline but his discipline is always in question. But you guys would benefit from a big forward.

Would you guys be happy with this Trade?

Would do the deal for our 2nd round (#33) + steak knives and an empty sauce bottle.

Can I ask if an All Australian ruckmen is worth pick 36 whats Warnock worth???

McIntosh isn't, and never has been, an All Australian ruckman.

He has made the 40-man squad on two occasions, I'll give you that - in 2007 and 2009.

You are clutching at straws if you are basing your argument on a meaningless side that he didn't even make.

I must have missed Warnock stating he wants out of Carlton. I also must have missed him nominating a single club of choice to be traded to. Can you direct me to confirmation of either of these occurring?

Whilst you are at it, please tell me more about the intense and long-standing rivalry between Geelong and North Melbourne.....

Completely different situations.

McIntosh isn't, and never has been, an All Australian ruckman.

He has made the 40-man squad on two occasions, I'll give you that - in 2007 and 2009.

You are clutching at straws if you are basing your argument on a meaningless side that he didn't even make.

I must have missed Warnock stating he wants out of Carlton. I also must have missed him nominating a single club of choice to be traded to. Can you direct me to confirmation of either of these occurring?

Whilst you are at it, please tell me more about the intense and long-standing rivalry between Geelong and North Melbourne.....

Completely different situations.

So you don't rate Goldstein either, hmmm, pretty sure he was up their with most of the topline ruckmen
this year. This isn't about the Roos I am talking about an inidividual, and McIntosh is miles in front of Warnock with runs on the board.

The only reason I would want pick 20 is because it would be overs for collingwood especially considerring McIntosh went for pick 36 making Warnock worth at least 36+. Hence pick 20 is overs.

So you don't rate Goldstein either, hmmm, pretty sure he was up their with most of the topline ruckmen
this year. This isn't about the Roos I am talking about an inidividual, and McIntosh is miles in front of Warnock with runs on the board.

The only reason I would want pick 20 is because it would be overs for collingwood especially considerring McIntosh went for pick 36 making Warnock worth at least 36+. Hence pick 20 is overs.

I've read this post three times now, and it doesn't make any more sense than the first time.

WTF are you talking about?

I haven't mentioned Goldstein once in this whole argument, because he's of no particular relevance. However since you've raised his name I will respond. He's a gun. Have never said anything to the contrary. But again, he's not relevant to this discussion.

I know you think pick 20 is overs. You've mentioned it a number of times already - not sure why you think your argument may become more valid if you mention it more. You were wrong the first time, and you are still wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read an article today that stated Goldstein was dropped earlier in the year and took no1 Ruck when McIntosh went down.

I've read this post three times now, and it doesn't make any more sense than the first time.

WTF are you talking about?

I haven't mentioned Goldstein once in this whole argument, because he's of no particular relevance. However since you've raised his name I will respond. He's a gun. Have never said anything to the contrary. But again, he's not relevant to this discussion.

I know you think pick 20 is overs. You've mentioned it a number of times already - not sure why you think your argument may become more valid if you mention it more. You were wrong the first time, and you are still wrong.

I think its clearly explained why, all you have said is i am wrong wow, good reason!

Yet Collingwood were very happy to trade pick 14 for Cameron Wood. If he was worth pick 14, 20 is definitely not overs for Warnock.

Yet Collingwood were very happy to trade pick 14 for Cameron Wood. If he was worth pick 14, 20 is definitely not overs for Warnock.

Wood was very young and a speculative pick, they pretty much paid for potential, very different to this scenario. We both know what you're getting with Warnock and McIntosh.

Hence the call from some of us for 2 first round picks...

And all the guys who think that 1 first round pick would do should be looking at past trades for the same position.

These are the things that make Warnock valuable

206 CM (One of the tallest going round)
Relatively young (prime time of his career)
Proven tap ruckman, on the bounce downs alone he is a very good ruckman
New rule changes lend to his gamne style so he can use his height and leap which are positives compared to physical strength

But mainly
He is contracted for 3 years

If someone wants him they have to give up a pick that will be worth more to us than keeping him would

It doesn't matter what kind of player is, if somebody wants him they have to satisfy us.

St Kilda's Goddard Compo, GET IT DONE!!!

I think its clearly explained why, all you have said is i am wrong wow, good reason!

Good grief. At least my lack of passion for AJ comes with reasoning. Yours and Warnock has no basis in reality whatsoever.

Dont want mcKernan, Carlton have already been down that track before with his Brother, yes Corey had 1 good season for us but was a major Spud and the Spud could be in the Genes of his younger Brother.
Massive Pass for me..

Dont want mcKernan, Carlton have already been down that track before with his Brother, yes Corey had 1 good season for us but was a major Spud and the Spud could be in the Genes of his younger Brother.
Massive Pass for me..

237 games and 310 goals
Two time premiership player
Carlton Best and Fairest
All Australian

Musn't be hard to be a spud in your book :p

Have you considered that 36 for McIntosh is unders and that North got shafted (probably because they didn't want to pay someone at Werribee $450K per year)

Not sure what makes you think the cronically injured Vardy is worth pick 20. Wasn't there a query over whether he ever play again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back