Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love them to let him in, but when they're not letting in engineers and the like, it'd be pretty bizarre to let in a bloke who's most likely to just be an AFL training buddy.
I know an American student doctor who was recently let back. There were plenty of hoops to jump through but he got there. Don’t be surprised if the AFL manage to get their internationals back. They’re working directly with the federal government on this after all...

I know an American student doctor who was recently let back. There were plenty of hoops to jump through but he got there. Don’t be surprised if the AFL manage to get their internationals back. They’re working directly with the federal government on this after all...
Medicalstaffare exceptions to the no entry policy. I hope you're right and we get him back in. I don't like his chances but then again I should give up trying to predict what the government will do. I'vegot no idea.

McKenna at Essendon is flying back this week sometime and will go into a two week quarantine. If he can do it, then I can't see why our boys would be prevented.
Mckenna has permanent residency, which enables entry, our boys don't. Our boys need to become exceptions to the current laws in order to enter.

Mckenna has permanent residency, which enables entry, our boys don't. Our boys need to become exceptions to the current laws in order to enter.

Ed will work his Magic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very keen to hear how the boys are looking after such a lay-off, they all would've handled this time away so differently.

Particularly curious to see how the "group" outside of our ~top 18 are looking, fitness and how they've managed themselves during this time away could play a big part in game time this year, and if you've come back a bit behind the pack you might face a bit of a challenge to break into the side.

Really keen to hear how Quaynor, Noble and Shaz are looking, the Brown Brothers and young Daicos and the two youngs bulls in Sier and Wills. I imagine those are the sort of guys fighting for those last 4 odd spots in the side each week.

I think both Irish boys went home, and l think they are trying to get them back somehow, l read.

I thought both our Irish lads remained here but either way, Conor McKenna has just returned so the opportunity must exist for any others who did return to Ireland.

Edit: Seems our lads did go home and Mckenna (as previously stated) gets a leave pass due to his residency.

Last edited:
I thought both our Irish lads remained here but either way, Conor McKenna has just returned so the opportunity must exist for any others who did return to Ireland.

Edit: Seems our lads did go home and Mckenna (as previously stated) gets a leave pass due to his residency.

They went home. There was videos they posted about keeping fit. McKenna is a permanent resident. These boys just on visas

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

They went home. There was videos they posted about keeping fit. McKenna is a permanent resident. These boys just on visas

So they have to get New Visa's?

McKenna said he going home in a year or 2

Hi Jen. What's the attitude of the club in having anyone down at training watching them even at a distance? I can't imagine they would be encouraging it but do they have any issues with standing or sitting at the opposite end of the ground well away from where the players are training as far as you're aware?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back