Remove this Banner Ad

mysainters

Cancelled
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
May 22, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't blame him for wanting to move. I really don't.

But god damn this is bad news all round. For one our KP stocks are already dire. And two, the compensation we'd get would be complete horseshit.

If it comes down to it and he walks we've got 3 selections before Sydney's first plus a PSD before them as well. But i believe that's really unfair to Tommy if we took him against his will, when he's just trying to persue game time and better money. The exact reasons why he came out to Australia in the first place.

Get a new coach into his ear, sign him on a 1 year deal, and let him reassess. Ross gone = new begginings.

Send him a message

@tommywalshkor

Let's start our own campaign to keep the boy.

Worked with Chris Grant when some kid sent him some pocket money.

Let's tug on his heartstrings. :cool:

Re: The Trade Thread

Dodgy bio, Saints!

Haven't seen him play 1 minute as a forward.

Needs time to get the size needed to play a key defensive role, to work on his kicking, and just get that match experience in judging the flight.

Good prospect though. Got height and great athleticism.

Doh , I'm way too slow.

I got the impression that the forward thing was from before Sandringham.
His Bio hasn't changed in a year. Maybe he's grown a few cm.:)

Send him a message

@tommywalshkor

Let's start our own campaign to keep the boy.

Worked with Chris Grant when some kid sent him some pocket money.

Let's tug on his heartstrings. :cool:
Done. #stayTommyW

Lyon is out of the picture. If Walsh doesn't even want to hang around to see who the new coach is, that suggests to me the issue runs deeper than Ross.

Maybe, maybe not.

Swans could of been in his ear for a long time now.

Hard work (on their part) could of started way back in the season really, and just hit the public now it's trade week.

Likewise with Tom Lynch, recruiters at Crows could of been into him months ago, promising big things.

We only become aware of their shifty wooing now.

Lyon is out of the picture. If Walsh doesn't even want to hang around to see who the new coach is, that suggests to me the issue runs deeper than Ross.

Speaking from personal experience, after getting shafted in relation to team selection, a club realised they'd made a mistake and tried to patch things up. Too much water had passed, and even when the coach got the arse my mind had already moved on (to where I was wanted).

But I think Tommy has also been distracted by the moola (after 2 years of low pay). I remember a twitter of his after his car had broken down. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten either.

My view is that the Saints have played this one too cute, thinking that he could be left until the last minute, and another club has probably found enough money to make us appear uncompetitive.

Speaking from personal experience, after getting shafted in relation to team selection, a club realised they'd made a mistake and tried to patch things up. Too much water had passed, and even when the coach got the arse my mind had already moved on (to where I was wanted).

So even if your teammates wanted you to stay?

Cmon guys, get in there and use that hashtag. I don't care if you have to make a twitter account in the process.

Now we're talking :cool:

Power to the people and all that.

@tommywalshkor

Would be really disappointing to lose Walsh after we have put in all the work to develop him as an AFL player. Probably couldn't blame him after he has been starved of opportunities but hopefully the chance to play under a new coach will convince him to stick around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So even if your teammates wanted you to stay?

Whilst they sympathised, none had the cojones to "stand up to the man" (something I do when the shoe is on the other foot).

As with everything, there were other things at play and these things are tipping points.

Maybe Tommy could have felt that others (on the coaching staff still at the club) had effectively been complicit.

May not be the #1 factor (I'd say for him pursuing the dream is a biggie, and the extra money on offer may have prompted a "that much???" response). But wouldn't rule it out.

But you are absolutely correct that his teammates might be a tipping factor back the other way if we can give him the assurances and contract he thinks he deserves. Particularly as he lives with a couple of the other guys.

Sorry guys. Twitter posting virgin (I like to watch).

So I just type into that link ("tweet to @tommywalshkor") and he'll get bomarded by me and the rest of us?

Can you trade in a player and then trade them away immediately? I thought it had to be one 3 way deal to do that?

Sorry guys. Twitter posting virgin (I like to watch).

So I just type into that link ("tweet to @tommywalshkor") and he'll get bomarded by me and the rest of us?

Yep that's it

Up the top just type in something like

Stay at the Saints @tommywalshkor we don't want you to go #stayTommyW

...and hit tweet

Lewis Johnson going to the crows doesn't sit well with me now that you would think Sydney will be going harder for Walsh... If Walsh did end up going, I could sort of live with getting Johnson to the saints

Remove this Banner Ad

The Trade Thread (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back