The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about a depressed James Aish - we're jumping at shadows a bit. There may be nothing wrong with him - I get the impression he is a fierce competitor like a lot of the young guys in the team and they all probably feel like crap when the team has a bad game or games. His family seem very supportive having travelled all over the country to watch him play and James seems to be very keen to learn and play as much AFL footy as he can - to me he looks like he is relishing the opportunities given to him. Re the homesickness - i'm sure a lot of lions fans remember a very homesick Simon Black playing in his early days - look how long he stayed with us......

I think Aish has very, very high standards for himself and tends to get a bit down about his own performance. It's not necessarily reflective of anything else.

Wouldnt blame him :oops:
Would blame him. And would blame the the system that would not allow him to be pissed of to Scampaignerhorpe. Why have a ****ing draft etc if it can be rorted on the cheap to allow little boys to hold the entire sport up to contempt.

I cannot recall ever seeing Aish smile or laugh in a game. Mayes and Taylor are always smiling.
*edit [includes vent] - why can't people see :mad:

Just saddened he's not 5cms shorter... desperately wants to become one of the mozzies! ;)

Probably going to ruffle some feathers but sick of seeing Harwood (amongst others) trying to do the fend off time and time again only to be caught time and time again. How many times do you need to be caught doing it before you realise you aren't good at it!!!!

I'm sick of commentary teams fawning over players who went home and found some form, as though it was a brilliant, corageous plan. Clearly players have to look after their own welfare, but the last thing we need is the AFL world to pat them all on the back about it.

I cannot recall ever seeing Aish smile or laugh in a game. Mayes and Taylor are always smiling.
So he's a quiet reserved bloke. Plenty of those about. Geez it's a fantasy/science fiction character archetype and probably a footy one as well. Put the lid back on Chicken Little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more concerned about players laughing and smiling during a game. They have a job to do, right up 'til the final siren.
I SUSPECT BILLY PULLER! Clearly if they were in their right minds these players wouldn't be laughing or smiling that often if they were looking at the scoreboard or contemplating our position on the ladder. Something else must be going on here!

The 'make some noise' sign on the scoreboard after a goal is scored.

:mad:

We need a really loud roar after we kick a goal like the Suns have with that horn at Metricon after they kick a goal.

We need a really loud roar after we kick a goal like the Suns have with that horn at Metricon after they kick a goal.

There is one, not that it is super loud... but they have improved it from the old one that sounded like a toilet flushing.

I'm happy with the crowd just cheering a goal. I'm not sure there needs to be any extra sound or incentive to make more noise.

I usually sit at away games and mock the scoreboard with their make some noise signs. Adelaide have their 19th man sound meter, and this year both NM and WB have had make some noise. Completely manufactured and embarrassing. Now we go and join them!

There is one, not that it is super loud... but they have improved it from the old one that sounded like a toilet flushing.

Maybe they should have a toilet flushing for when the opposition missed a shot on goal.

I have found some efforts by the club to generate noise in the past cringeworthy in the extreme... *cough* Chant Champions *cough* but I thought the "Make Some Noise" thing was fairly unobstrusive, used sparingly and kinda effective.

My first inclination was to fold my arms and go "whatever" but then I decided to stop being so cynical and clap my bloody hands. ;)

Only suggestion I would make is that they delay it by ten seconds so the crowd noise is still up when the ball is bounced again.

It's a known fact that 97.3% of all conspiracy board contributors are also SEN listeners.

Driving home last night listening to SEN - I actually switched over because I could not take the irrational red neck rantings of Mark Fine any longer. It was like Alan Jones had taken over the airwaves and had become a St Kilda supporter. I switched over to the ABC and caught some UFO lady talking of landings / sightings and people being discovered with something like electronic trackers implanted in them that they were unaware of. There is a reason no one listens to the radio on Sunday nights!

Driving home last night listening to SEN - I actually switched over because I could not take the irrational red neck rantings of Mark Fine any longer. It was like Alan Jones had taken over the airwaves and had become a St Kilda supporter. I switched over to the ABC and caught some UFO lady talking of landings / sightings and people being discovered with something like electronic trackers implanted in them that they were unaware of. There is a reason no one listens to the radio on Sunday nights!
Too busy looking at strange lights in the sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back