The Vent Thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vent thread as some people conceptualise it is inherently ridiculous. If you genuinely want to yell something into the aether with no one permitted to say anything back, why bother logging onto an internet discussion forum to do it? Just yell at your teddy bear.

My teddy bear took me to court for that :(

Vent...

The left of screen right forward pocket in the last quarter. Impossible to kick goals from apparently.

The vent thread as some people conceptualise it is inherently ridiculous. If you genuinely want to yell something into the aether with no one permitted to say anything back, why bother logging onto an internet discussion forum to do it? Just yell at your teddy bear.

The real truth is that everyone who uses vent thread wants people to see it. I suspect that a lot of people use it purely to say something intentionally controversial to incite debate while still retaining the right to say "oi, I am entitled to vent" if they don't like the response.

It's a flawed concept and everyone knows it has been broken for ages.

Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park is perhaps the most celebrated example of provision of free speech in the western world. Everyone who wants to have their say is given a platform to do so, but even they don't presume for a second that you can stop those in attendance saying shit back.

Mods having differing concepts on what this thread is about. Personally I would piss it off. Nobody can vent in peace so what's the point of it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, the end of an era. Obviously this isn't providing the outlet it used to, so we're moving on to a new model.

After each game, we'll open a vent thread specifically for that game for a couple of days. Vent away on that game in that thread.

If you find yourself wanting a more general vent, put a bit more thought into the post and kick off a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back