The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw a BYD bus near Dandenong this morning.
There is a big bus depot in the area so they might have been evaluation.

It stood out because it was so narrow it looked odd compared to other busses. Looked a bit like this one.

20220112035922564.jpg

They have a lot of normal sized busses as well so i don't know why this one.
Maybe cheaper , because its a China domestic bus.
Maybe decided it makes sense to downsize a bit because the current huge busses never seem anywhere near full.

At least it didn't look like this one.

Electric buses are already well here:
BYD supply chassis and Volgren make the bodies off thier Optimus body line.

Ventura have 27 of them, Kinetic have 35 and CDC have 8 based off the Volvo chassis.

Yes the wholesale spot price is variable…. I’m sure they weren't complaining using up some credit boiling a coffee later in the day.

View attachment 2147955

Good for people at home and also monitoring prices between midday and 1pm.

What about boiling a kettle at 6:00am to make my first cup of tea, or my second at 10:00am. And then, having a relaxing tea at 9:00pm?

Good for people at home and also monitoring prices between midday and 1pm.

What about boiling a kettle at 6:00am to make my first cup of tea, or my second at 10:00am. And then, having a relaxing tea at 9:00pm?

You clearly don’t understand how Amber works and if joined you would add to the hundreds that complain that it’s a scam.

When all it is, is access to the wholesale spot price.

Just to add im no longer with Amber at the moment because they had issues curtailing my solar system so I could avoid negative feed in prices.
It’s a great time to be with Amber with no solar or battery.

I’ll rejoin in December when peoples air cons turn on.

You clearly don’t understand how Amber works and if joined you would add to the hundreds that complain that it’s a scam.

When all it is, is access to the wholesale spot price.

Just to add im no longer with Amber at the moment because they had issues curtailing my solar system so I could avoid negative feed in prices.
It’s a great time to be with Amber with no solar or battery.

I’ll rejoin in December when peoples air cons turn on.

I know what it is and if I ran a business that operated 9 - 5, it would be very attractive.

But as a residential consumer, unless you consume most of your electricity during the day, you might not be better off. Indeed, if you consume more power at peak times, you'll probably be worse off.

Electric buses are already well here:
BYD supply chassis and Volgren make the bodies off thier Optimus body line.

Ventura have 27 of them, Kinetic have 35 and CDC have 8 based off the Volvo chassis.

I could be misguided , but from personal experience i'm not a massive fan of Volgren busses, they are really noisy and the suspension seems to be pretty ordinary.
I appreciate that and electric drivetrain will reduce some of the noise, but that noise was a result of general lack of refinement IMO. I'm sure i've been on much smoother busses overseas.

I know what it is and if I ran a business that operated 9 - 5, it would be very attractive.

But as a residential consumer, unless you consume most of your electricity during the day, you might not be better off. Indeed, if you consume more power at peak times, you'll probably be worse off.

right now Amber is better for customers with no solar … when summer hits it won’t be.
The secret ATM is keep swapping retailers and getting sign on bonuses. Retailers are profiting off people who don’t change.

Time of use rates from most retailers are normally also more expensive than Amber.

Even my flat rate with Engie is more expensive than Amber most nights… it’s just I don’t use anything from the grid.

In my situation Im only after the best feed in tariff.
After my battery is fully charged by 9:30am I’m exporting 5kw per hour until 5:30pm, whist running the pool pump,pool solar pump, Dishwasher, dryer, oven, etc,,,, so $4 a day minus $1.71 day rate.

right now Amber is better for customers with no solar … when summer hits it won’t be.
The secret ATM is keep swapping retailers and getting sign on bonuses. Retailers are profiting off people who don’t change.

Time of use rates from most retailers are normally also more expensive than Amber.

Even my flat rate with Engie is more expensive than Amber most nights… it’s just I don’t use anything from the grid.

In my situation Im only after the best feed in tariff.
After my battery is fully charged by 9:30am I’m exporting 5kw per hour until 5:30pm, whist running the pool pump,pool solar pump, Dishwasher, dryer, oven, etc,,,, so $4 a day minus $1.71 day rate.

8 hours of 5kWh of FIT nets you $4. That's a 10c FIT.

I could be misguided , but from personal experience i'm not a massive fan of Volgren busses, they are really noisy and the suspension seems to be pretty ordinary.
I appreciate that and electric drivetrain will reduce some of the noise, but that noise was a result of general lack of refinement IMO. I'm sure i've been on much smoother busses overseas.
Volgren buses tend to be a be of the rattle side. NSW have a lot of electric buses from Custom Denning as an integral bus and Gremilang bodied buses on a BYD chassis. No idea if they're better.

Victorian operators prefer to go to Volgren because they're local.

Yes I’m now with Engie and I get 10c …. NSW essential energy grid.
I’ll be back with Amber in a few weeks time.

Engie in my hood offers 12c for the first 8 kWh, then 3.3 thereafter. But, I have to pay more than 20c more for grid power. So using more than 5kWH off the grid makes Engie more expensive.

Amber ain't much better either. The peak rates are crippling.

Also, do you get 10c uncapped. Because, my research of NSW essential energy plan tells me the FIT is either fixed at 5.5c or 12c for the first 8kwH and then 5.5 thereafter but only if your inverter is 10KwH or less.

Last edited:
Engie in my hood offers 12c for the first 8 kWh, then 3.3 thereafter. But, I have to pay more than 20c more for grid power. So using more than 5kWH off the grid makes Engie more expensive.

Also, do you get 10c uncapped. Because, my research of NSW essential energy plan tells me the FIT is either fixed at 5.5c or 12c for the first 8kwH and then 5.5 thereafter but only if your inverter is 10KwH or less.
Yep im uncapped ..
IMG_0124.jpeg

Amber doesn’t have rates.
It’s the variable wholesale spot price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back