The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Lynch has told Richmond what he is doing, whether it's a yes or no you'd feel he's given them clarity over the situation.

Quick fire re signings of big names Rance and Riewoldt, and big improver Jayden Short, point to the scenario that Richmond now know exactly what they can pay these players.

It does not seem like a coincidence that Rance, Riewoldt and Short have re signed in the same period of time where new reports have come out that Richmond's offer is too low, that we are the new front runner, and that we've had two meetings with Tom in what supposedly is the last fortnight.

I just hope that what appears to be the clarity that Richmond now have over the situation is that Tom has told them the offer is too low, and he's now only looking at the Pies offer and whatever the Hawks are going to throw him.

I reckon Richmond would've been announced as "out of the race" for Lynch if he had told them they were out. They would probably try and distance themselves from the whole fiasco if there wasn't any purpose in them being involved anymore. Of course, sitting in second place they might wait and see just in case our deal falls through ;)

I reckon Richmond would've been announced as "out of the race" for Lynch if he had told them they were out. They would probably try and distance themselves from the whole fiasco if there wasn't any purpose in them being involved anymore. Of course, sitting in second place they might wait and see just in case our deal falls through ;)
You really think so? Because last time I checked, AT announced he was coming to us and instead of taking a step back, Richmond made an official complaint to the AFL, had them investigate our offer, and lurked in the background like a jilted lover while our negotiations with GWS took place...

You really think so? Because last time I checked, AT announced he was coming to us and instead of taking a step back, Richmond made an official complaint to the AFL, had them investigate our offer, and lurked in the background like a jilted lover while our negotiations with GWS took place...

I know Richmond fans and the like were sure that Gubby had done a dodgy, but I didn't realise they'd made an official complaint? Oh man, surely that's not true. That's sad.

I forgot Treloar had been texting Cotch and the boys about looking forward to playing with them!

Another consideration that has been overlooked. If Lynch chooses Richmond he’s gonna spend a lot of his time playing second ruck. Not good for a guy who has done a PCL injury.

Yes, apparently "3-4 days" before the Footy Classified interview which aired on 23/07/2018 and it's alleged that Ned Guy met with Tom at his family's home this Monday just gone, so twice in two weeks.

There would absolutely have been discussions prior to these two, too.
Seriously the media are clutching at straws

Amateur hour at the Gold Coast. :$

Tom Lynch’s departure causes tension in Gold Coast playing group
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
6 minutes ago

Subscriber only

TENSIONS erupted when the Suns leadership group met with captain Tom Lynch last night after older players took offence at younger teammates questioning the former skipper’s loyalty.

Lynch met with the extended leadership group on Thursday night before addressing the entire playing list.

Touk Miller made his feelings known about Lynch’s departure, which did not impress some of his older teammates.

They were angered by the use of strong language about Lynch’s loyalty.

Lynch also pushed back, telling Miller he had served eight years and never breached a contract.

Brayden Fiorini, Lachie Weller and Jack Bowes were invited to join the leadership meeting and also gave strong feedback to Lynch.

After Lynch departed David Swallow berated the younger players for the way they had treated his long-time teammate.

The Suns have confirmed there were strong words exchanged in the meeting but say the entire leadership group was united on the decision to strip Lynch of the captaincy.

Tom Lynch has played his last game for Gold Coas. Picture: Adam Head
72deb7e9686f7e35fe7b8c3b0a38973d

Suns players Touk Miller and Tom Lynch at a footy clinic.

Former Suns coach Rodney Eade said today he was surprised by how the club handled Lynch’s decision.

“One past player I’ve spoken to said it was just so blunt and the playing group delivered it and a lot of younger blokes delivered it, not hierarchy and not sat down in a respectful way,”: he told Melbourne’s Macquarie Sports Radio.

“I found that very surprising, to be honest.

“There’s a lot of other players that have left, that have left after four years and three years but he’s given eight years.

“If I was a player in that room who’s been there for six to eight years equivalent, from what I’ve heard with the way it was done, I would think ‘Well, what are they going to do to me?’.

“I wouldn’t have thought it was a very positive way to portray the club to other players.”

The Courier-Mail wow have they been following this for the last 6 weeks and reporting on it um no,and the same applies to the Gold Coast Bulletin,Perhaps they have but it is not front line news in QLD.

Another consideration that has been overlooked. If Lynch chooses Richmond he’s gonna spend a lot of his time playing second ruck. Not good for a guy who has done a PCL injury.

This would have to come into his consideration IMO. I don't know any forwards in country footy that enjoy the prospect of pinch hitting in the ruck. It's just a shit job and it ruins your ability to compete as a forward when you go back there.

I see Lynch as more of a Nick Riewoldt type. The type that you never ever put in the ruck.

Boys while everyone is having a go I thought I would mention. Went to the Pies vs Brisbane game earlier in the year on a boys trip. One of my best mates invited his wife’s best friends new partner who is a mad Collingwood fan. I found out that his brother in law is Lynch’s manager. I asked the question back then if he knew anything. He said to me that Lynch was Richmond or Hawthorn bound as much as it killed him to say it. Now that was early in the season and things could have changed and I hope so but sort of had ingrained from that trip that Lynch was not ours.

Thanks for sharing.

I don’t drop in too much around this board but I’ve heard from a source close to the club that Lynch has been Tiger bound for a few months now, and we’ve come in late to try and hi-jack it. According to him we’ve failed and he will nominate Richmond. $900k per year on 6-7 years.

I know I’m not the first to claim inside knowledge but this source is as good as you’ll find outside a club’s immediate inner sanctum. He also said there’s nothing in the May rumours either - so we really need to use this Lynch money on poaching a defender.

Re: losing out on Lynch - it could be a blessing in disguise or could put a shitload of distance between us and Richmond. Let’s see how good our recruiters and list managers are/is.

Why did Richmond sign three players?
They're not budging on their offer and have told Lynch to take it or leave it. No need to wait because signing now are later doesn't make any difference to their bottom line.
Lynch is battling with the decisions because
1) He can see that Richmond will be powerful beyond this year
2) Hardwick presents as a nicer bloke than Buckley
3) He always wanted to play for Collingwood
4) Collingwood's injury profile is horrendous
5) Collingwood's offer is better
6) insert whatever's else you like, send it to any 'journo' and it will be published.

Boys while everyone is having a go I thought I would mention. Went to the Pies vs Brisbane game earlier in the year on a boys trip. One of my best mates invited his wife’s best friends new partner who is a mad Collingwood fan. I found out that his brother in law is Lynch’s manager. I asked the question back then if he knew anything. He said to me that Lynch was Richmond or Hawthorn bound as much as it killed him to say it. Now that was early in the season and things could have changed and I hope so but sort of had ingrained from that trip that Lynch was not ours.

Ahh, the old ‘throw them of the scent’ trick, I like it. Collingwood bound is he.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't sound great for us but this is from Choco who doesn't know what's going on behind our closed doors. We could've been working on it for 2 years also, and I'm sure we would have.
Chocco going off half cocked..,

Who would have thunk it?

Well... we already knew it but Connors said they're not allowed to announce anything until the Free Agency period begins. Confirmed it's between Hawthorn, Richmond and us. Apparently hasn't made up his mind.

I missed the start of this SEN article... did he also mention having met with all three clubs within a similar time-frame to meeting with us?

I know Richmond fans and the like were sure that Gubby had done a dodgy, but I didn't realise they'd made an official complaint? Oh man, surely that's not true. That's sad.
Yep.

I forgot Treloar had been texting Cotch and the boys about looking forward to playing with them!
Fairly sure that’s about as true as Adams fornicating with AT’s missus, or any of the other scenarios dreamt up on the Richmond board.

Huddo: Has Tom Lynch chosen a club?

Connors: No, he hasn't

Connors is the best in the business.

If my kids became good enough to get drafted I would hire him....gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back