Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming that everyone except McInerney is fit:
FB Cunningham McCartin Rampe
HB Mills Melican Blakey
C Gulden Warner Lloyd
HF Jordon McDonald Adams
FF Papley Amartey Hayward
R Grundy Heeney Rowbottom
IC Roberts Florent McLean Parker
Sub Campbell
McInerney's knee is not right.
Campbell as sub worked brilliantly, do it again.

HB Mills Melican Blakey
C Gulden Warner Lloyd
HF Jordon McDonald Adams
Sub Campbell
Would have to agree with this. IF McInerney gets dropped it's for Adams IMO.
Let's not forget the rest would have done Adams the world of good and if the Swans are to make a GF they are going to need guys that are bulls.
The speed is a concern, however Rowbottom, Parker, Adams, Heeney as the bulls is good.

HB Mills Melican Blakey
C Gulden Warner Lloyd
HF Jordon McDonald Adams
Sub Campbell
Looks good. If it’s the Hawks, Campbell in and Cleary as sub (replacing Parker at some point). We’ll need the leg speed

Looks good. If it’s the Hawks, Campbell in and Cleary as sub (replacing Parker at some point). We’ll need the leg speed

i really like cleary but surely adams is next man up ... and as much as we all want mcinerney to "improve with the run" and be okay to play, it did seem more like he wasn't right, rather than just being rusty

Last edited:
i really like cleary but surely adams is next man up ... and as much as we all want mcinerney to "improve with the run" and be okay to play, it did seem more like he wasn't right, rather than he just being rusty
Would play Adams v Port where we need the grunt , just the hawks will waltz it around him. Campbell starts - he was a 10 when he came on. He’s in brilliant form. Longmire would have started him it seems.

HB Mills Melican Blakey
C Gulden Warner Lloyd
HF Jordon McDonald Adams
Sub Campbell
Wouldn't you go like for like and place Campbell on the wing? Adams as the sub

Not my choice but not unreasonable except it's a lot of responsibility on Cleary. I'd ask WHERE we need the leg speed?
everywhere !! You’re asking the wrong man lol 😂

Seriously tho it’s a good q KC. Be great to have Campbell 100% and then a high impact sub like Cleary who could hopefully have same impact as Campbell did as sub. Teams throw everything at us early and we run them down, Cleary could be v useful in that regard

Would play Adams v Port where we need the grunt , just the hawks will waltz it around him. Campbell starts - he was a 10 when he came on. He’s in brilliant form. Longmire would have started him it seems.
Very reasonable. I was wondering who Horse would have left out. I assumed McInerney to sub. I think these will be the only questions for the match committee.

I'm going to rewatch the game now. Just want to get another look at JMac. If he isn't right to go I definitely bring in Adams.
BUT it certainly is a 3 way race between Adams, Cleary and Fox.

I'm going to rewatch the game now. Just want to get another look at JMac. If he isn't right to go I definitely bring in Adams.
BUT it certainly is a 3 way race between Adams, Cleary and Fox.
I would consider Fox but not Cleary. Too much responsibility on a youngster. But we have defence pretty well covered and Campbell did a great job as sub so it's hard to see Foxy getting a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conundrum is that Campbell deserves to start but Adams as the sub doesn't feel right as you probably want a speed and less contested player or more versatile player in the sub role. Just my opinion tho

Conundrum is that Campbell deserves to start but Adams as the sub doesn't feel right as you probably want a speed and less contested player or more versatile player in the sub role. Just my opinion tho
Adams was pretty good as sub vs St Kilda. Two burst clearances out of the centre from only four CBAs.

Not saying he should be the sub, but I think there's merit to the idea of playing a contested mid as the sub, especially if we're getting beaten in there and need some clearance wins late.

Which, let's face it, we often do.

Also a consideration is Campbell's groin injury, will it improve enough to let him play a full game effectively?

Juzzy needs to have a block of games to return to form imo. I don't think risking him through finals is worth it compared to an Adams who is fit.

We'll be slower with Adams & Parker in the team, I'd make one of them sub & bring in Campbell if his groin is okay.

Also a consideration is Campbell's groin injury, will it improve enough to let him play a full game effectively?

Juzzy needs to have a block of games to return to form imo. I don't think risking him through finals is worth it compared to an Adams who is fit.

We'll be slower with Adams & Parker in the team, I'd make one of them sub & bring in Campbell if his groin is okay.
Yep, Campbell's groin injury is going to have to improve enough for him to play a full game. We can't play him or Juzzy against a team like the Hawks who will run them both of their feet.

Adams was pretty good as sub vs St Kilda. Two burst clearances out of the centre from only four CBAs.

Not saying he should be the sub, but I think there's merit to the idea of playing a contested mid as the sub, especially if we're getting beaten in there and need some clearance wins late.

Which, let's face it, we often do.

I'd be tempted to play Adams in the mids from the start of the game, utilising whatever combo he has with Grundy & he's got the right intensity needed for finals (like Papley) to set the tone.

Run with Rowbottom/Adams/Warner/Heeney as a midfield 4 with one of them resting in the forward line. I think we need to take that chance. Parker as the sub since he can play fwd too, so a bit more versatile than Adams. Campbell to start so we're not too slow across the front half...

I'd be tempted to play Adams in the mids from the start of the game, utilising whatever combo he has with Grundy & he's got the right intensity needed for finals (like Papley) to set the tone.

Run with Rowbottom/Adams/Warner/Heeney as a midfield 4 with one of them resting in the forward line. I think we need to take that chance. Parker as the sub since he can play fwd too, so a bit more versatile than Adams. Campbell to start so we're not too slow across the front half...
I don't hate it, just can't see it happening. I do like the idea of unleashing a Taylor Adams desperate for a GF spot into the midfield in a prelim though!

I don't hate it, just can't see it happening. I do like the idea of unleashing a Taylor Adams desperate for a GF spot into the midfield in a prelim though!

That's true, forgot about reality 😂

I think we might as well try it, nothing else has worked. Very unlikely going from out of the team to starting in the middle in a prelim lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back