The Worsfold coaching situation mega-thread, part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Woosha doesn't want to rely on 'gimmicks' to motivate players?

I think Woosha is trying to instill into this mob of degenerates the same values that characterised his own playing and training.

I remember reading reports and hearing things from sources like Billy Sutherland that Woosh was just one of the most driven and dedcated footballers they had ever seen. He pushed himself harder in training than anybody. He left it all out there every time.

I think his attitude is why would you be anymore motivated to avoid a wooden spoon in rds 19-22 as you were in round 1 against Brisbane? Makes sense to me.

I agree with this one, why you should need a gimmick to get motivated as a professional athlete is beyond me.

Unfortunately for Woosh (and for us) I think the players don't give shit anymore...

Woosha shouldnt have to wipe the players asses. For me as far as motivation goes id excuse the following. Embley, Priddis, Rosa, LeCras, A.Smith, A.Selwood, S.Selwood, Ebert, Strjik and those on the injury list. Other 30 odd need to take a good hard look at themselves

Well we have two possible thumping coming up. Port Adelaide away which we never win and the most dreaded trip in footy down at Kardinia Park. Given the way we played against Richmond, Collingwood and Fremantle I can't see us avoiding a 100 point mauling in that one.

The Board indicated they wouldn't tolerate thrashing that occurred in the past two seasons , unfortunately Collingwood / Richmond / Fremantle have beaten us by more then 10 goals in the second half of the season and with Geelong also in Round 22 ... I think Woosha might have to explain and I doubt there will be tolerance for more of the same :cool:

being self-motivated is all well and good, but perhaps you just need that extra 'kick' to get over teams that themselves utilise that extra 'kick'?
Nah that's not how woosha rolls... lets not use absolutely everything we can as a club to motivate players... and it shits me big time....

Not all people and certainly not all footballers are self motivated and to leave them to their own devices in the hope they will become self-motivated is stupid beyond belief and seriously jeopardising the success of a club

Typical Worsfold crap... thinking everyone is like him...

How sad is it that theres hardly anything in the press about Worsfolds position being in danger. Its clear they've just accepted the Nisbett and Worsfold are in bed together and neither man is going anywhere at the end of the year. So sad for this great club.

How sad is it that theres hardly anything in the press about Worsfolds position being in danger. Its clear they've just accepted the Nisbett and Worsfold are in bed together and neither man is going anywhere at the end of the year. So sad for this great club.

Seems like there is no pressure on him whatsoever, it is ****ing pathetic.

I am getting really upset at this club. If Worsfold is coaching round 1 next year go Gold Coast

I am getting really upset at this club. If Worsfold is coaching round 1 next year go Gold Coast
maybe u can join all the other ex eagles folk down the road. good riddance to bad fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe u can join all the other ex eagles folk down the road. good riddance to bad fans.
Piss off. I would support the team if things were being done to attempt to fix obvious problems but it's just the same shit time after time. It's cliche but it's true the buck stops with the coach so he has to be made accountable for these disgraceful performances.

I've had about a gutful of Woosh the ****. Yeah I scathing and seething, for 2 years but it's well deserved.

Press conference, and I quote, "Obviiously losing Adam Selwood, a couple of blokes we had out really left us pretty vulnerable."

if he for f****** real? Adam is as bad a disposal as Priddis is. A butcher of the ball and a plodded to boot. I suppose Woosh is hanging his hat on Kerr, Glass & Cox returning to champion status next year? Players that are on the downward slope to imminent retirement.

NFI

do the honourable thing mate, just clear your desk and leave us before you do even more damage.

Just pack your bags and piss off.

He is one of the gratest servants of your club and should be allowed the dignity to have the situation reassessed at the mid year break of 2011

Back him until at least then and see if his planning is paying dividends

they are both great servants but unfortunately in todays football theres no time to play favourites. He's been at the helm a long time and imo unfortunately has never been a great coach. He will get the opportunity at the end of this year to resign and keep some dignity

The board and Woosha keep talking about having a plan to build a premiership team. I would love to know what the plan is.

If it is our plan to linger at the bottom of the ladder to collect draft picks, and that would seem like a pretty good plan, then they missed the ideal opportunity last season to tank and receive a first-round priority pick. So if that is their plan, they've stuffed it up royally.

They say it is our goal to make the finals every year, so we have to accept that on face value. If that is the case, they will have been off-course for the past 2 years, as well as this one. If we fail to make the finals next year, that's 4 years, in a row, they have deviated from the plan. I'd suggest any plan that has not been achieved at any stage in 4 years must be changed. 4 years is a long time, we're building a football team here, not the Great Wall of China.

Anyway, let's hope things come together next season and we can look back at 2010 as the year we introduced great players to the club.

I wonder if any 'non Worsfold' appointed assistants will come in over the off season?

I also wonder if our effort and results don't change how many losses would it take early next season for the axe to fall?

Mid season is a long time to wait if we aren't improving:confused:

If after 8 rounds we are 2 wins - 6 losses then I think his time would be up.

Suma to be pursued by Perth to replace Andrew Jarman , after Jarman resigned to return to Adelaide for family reasons . I'm spewing I was hoping Jars would liven up the West Coast group and be an assistant .

Suma is out of contract and the Perth FC has identified Suma as the coach they want . Should there be a reshuffle of the Eagles Coaching group Suma would get the job if he wants the Perth FC coaching position .

Suma has previously had a two year stint with SF when he was quite successful !

Taking the Perth job would be a huge risk/return gamble for Suma. I personally doubt he'd even consider it.

Perth have a history of attracting otherwise successful coaches and more or less ending their coaching careers. If Sumich failed to achieve a good result, and the odds would be against him, he could well completely disappear of the coaching map. On the other hand, if he was successful, it could be his best chance of getting a senior AFL coaching job. Massive gamble.

It was pretty funny listening to Worsfold on 6pr last night. All the usual crap from him and a total lack of emotion. Aswell as a blunt refusal to bake his playing list Ratten style.

But the funny part was when Hardy started reading out texts and emails from eagles supporters to him telling him he should cringe with shame when he goes to pick up his pay cheque this week and think about how little he deserves it and his job and other inflammatory statements like that. Worsfold is so arrogant. He just kept repeating an obviously pre-prepared line about how there was lot of hard work to be done and the players couldn't wait to roll up their sleaves and do the hard work required to be successfull etc and it's good for the supporters to be passionate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back