Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to model for a local tailor around at fashion shows and race events in the area. An old Yugoslav immigrant, they were great for only a few hundred, then they had Italian imported suits starting from $900. A fella who also did it had a suit allowance in his job for $2500.

In the aptly named TV show Suits each one of Harvey Specter's suits costs around $5k.

Agree that if you are in somewhere like Bali/Thailand/Vietnam you can get a suit tailored fairly cheaply. Just need to pick a decent material and find someone who knows what they are doing.

Bought my last suit from Politix for something like $800, had it tailored for about $100 and have worn it once in about 18 months. Gotta hope my ares hasn't expanded by the time I wear it again.

You can get decent quality materials under $1,000 but anything off the rack only fits a certain number of people. A suit can cost $200 or $2,000 but if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit. You can get lucky, or you can be like most people and just go with whatever is close enough.

If I was getting married or had to wear suits regularly I would just get a couple of suits tailored and be done with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a dark blue one with a light pinstripe and a dark grey one.
Your next suit has to be one of these.
o-empire-of-the-sun-dumb-and-dumber-facebook-1024x548.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back