Society & Culture Things that Shit me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it depends on what boards on BigFooty you go on, that will make you feel old or young. Some of the boards are heavily populated with the younger generation. Would be interested to see some stats and figures on this topic, comparing boards around BigFooty. Which clubs have the oldest / youngest supporters? What issues / hobbies are age based? Etc.

I think I'm (accurately) known as having an older taste in hobbies and media, sometimes trips me out to see people that post in a manner much younger than I are the same age or only few years off.

No they're not. They are better in that you are more sure of yourself, have reached your peak and don't have to put up with shit from anyone and can chart your own direction.

However options dry up, it is harder to start afresh and make money and the "dirty 30s" wink wink is a myth.

Having said that I am happier in my 30s then ever before. Good, bad and ugly I am at my absolute peak now and will fall off a steep cliff very very soon. Believe me I am milking it for all it is worth. I essentially have a very few years of top shelf living left and am squeezing it all in now.

Apart from the money thing (which I disagree with) you make a pretty good case for the 30s.

No they're not. They are better in that you are more sure of yourself, have reached your peak and don't have to put up with shit from anyone and can chart your own direction.

However options dry up, it is harder to start afresh and make money and the "dirty 30s" wink wink is a myth.

Having said that I am happier in my 30s then ever before. Good, bad and ugly I am at my absolute peak now and will fall off a steep cliff very very soon. Believe me I am milking it for all it is worth. I essentially have a very few years of top shelf living left and am squeezing it all in now.

What does squeezing it out all
Now involve?

Next month I turned 50 something and they are all going to be "somethings" from here on in because quite frankly I'm shocked that I'm that old and how quickly it snuck up on me

I'm 50 in less than two years. Already planning one hell of a 50th birthday party, because, let's face it, after that it's all downhill.

However options dry up, it is harder to start afresh and make money.

I don't agree with that. 40s maybe, but 30s is still quite young considering people these days are working into their 70s.

I'm 50 in less than two years. Already planning one hell of a 50th birthday party, because, let's face it, after that it's all downhill.

I'm actually having a great time
No kids to support
No mortgage
More disposable income
Less responsibility
Don't really see what's downhill about it other than the fact that I'm over 50 and not feeling it so refusing to accept it by staying "something"

4f24204228986d7aecdc0c2a10301c72

Why does Daisy f***ing Pearce keep getting a gig on AFL Gameday? I know the AFL are trying to promote women in the AFL but she's bloody hopeless.

It's not so much that she's a female, it's that she has a horrible bogan nasally voice and constantly stumbles over her words when she talks.

Her footy knowledge is questionable too, sure she might be the best womens player but that's still ammos standard in mens footy.

They wouldn't get old Doug on there from Wembley 4th grade Ammos to give his opinions about AFL footy so why should she?

Bloody tokenism at it's finest.

Why does Daisy f***ing Pearce keep getting a gig on AFL Gameday? I know the AFL are trying to promote women in the AFL but she's bloody hopeless.

It's not so much that she's a female, it's that she has a horrible bogan nasally voice and constantly stumbles over her words when she talks.

Her footy knowledge is questionable too, sure she might be the best womens player but that's still ammos standard in mens footy.

They wouldn't get old Doug on there from Wembley 4th grade Ammos to give his opinions about AFL footy so why should she?

Actually they did, his name is Hamish

Yeah, of all the complete muppets involved with covering AFL...

Alistair Lynch can't speak, Cameron Ling can't unbias, Matthew Richardson can't remove himself from Bruce's arse, Dermott Brereton can't shut up, Brian Taylor can't stop big noting himself, and worse still Luke Darcy loves the way he goes about it, Dwayne Russell can't...can't ****ing anything, and Mark Maclure is surely the best ex player ever, yeah?

80% of the ex players covering the game have no right to be there in a professional sense, so why the hate for Daisy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One Eyed Sainter 66

Yeah, of all the complete muppets involved with covering AFL...

Alistair Lynch can't speak, Cameron Ling can't unbias, Matthew Richardson can't remove himself from Bruce's arse, Dermott Brereton can't shut up, Brian Taylor can't stop big noting himself, and worse still Luke Darcy loves the way he goes about it, Dwayne Russell can't...can't ******* anything, and Mark Maclure is surely the best ex player ever, yeah?

80% of the ex players covering the game have no right to be there in a professional sense, so why the hate for Daisy?

Yeah to be fair most of the male footy commentators and so called experts aren't much better but at least they have played AFL so have some authority.

If there was a netball equivalent of AFL Gameday they wouldn't get some amateur netball bloke on there to talk about netball just to have a token male.

Essendon will get the first pick - what rubbish!! If they hadn't have cheated, their players would be playing this year and they wouldn't have finished last. It's bullshit!

Essendon will get the first pick - what rubbish!! If they hadn't have cheated, their players would be playing this year and they wouldn't have finished last. It's bullshit!

Can't keep punishing them forever

True but handing them the first pick after everything is rubbish

Not only that but their banned players get paid to have a year off while swanning around Europe on a summer holiday, it's almost an incentive to cheat.

What does squeezing it out all
Now involve?

Just enjoying the good times, taking the time off/spending opportunities when you have them. Any chance to enjoy life take. In fact that goes for everyone. I'm not saying go full out of control but if there is rrrrrreeeaaalllllllyyyyyyy something (legal) you want to do in life and you have the opportunity. Do it. There are no guarantees. While there is a minimal .0001% chance you will get eaten by a shark/killed by a terroist/die in a car smash/be murdered over a drug deal gone bad/be hit in an avalanche there simply are no guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back