This felt even better than beating them by 50 points

Remove this Banner Ad

This could be an important cog in the building of this team.
To let them hit the front in the last with all the momentum, and then kick 4.3 to nothing is priceless.

Yeah good call, OP. In a 50 point win, I find myself getting annoyed that it's not 75 points. But when we came back in the last qtr and especially when Drew dobbed that bomb from the pocket, I went close to arriving in my trousers.

Last quarter alone was worth about 50 games experience for the youngins, sort of close pressures games that we have struggled with over the years and weathered it beautifully.

Good to be on the right end of a potential finals hopes slashing. ;)

Today reminded me a lot of the nineties; those many times that sides would rally against us, and hit the front late, only for us to kick the next four or five.

Those glory nights at the 'G.

It's a big positive, in my view. Usually, when sides mount comebacks, hitting the front is the pivotal moment. Only GOOD teams regain the lead and win.

The last quarter today was easily my most enjoyable for years. Great coaching by Scott to move Wells back. Great marking by Pedo and Azza when we needed it. And the best thing was that we finished with great composure, as a contrast to our previous efforts in the same situation against Sydney, Brisbane and Richmond.

Awesome sight after the siren to see almost every player hunched over with pure exhaustion. Great effort!

Drew Petrie's Goal it was Memories of Wayne Carey in the 90's
[YOUTUBE]7u4E0PmDVAM[/YOUTUBE]
Andrew Swallow's brilliant goal saving mark sets up a 2 goal turn around for us finished off by Lindsay Thomas
[YOUTUBE]SMw3SrYmLC8[/YOUTUBE]

The last quarter today was easily my most enjoyable for years. Great coaching by Scott to move Wells back. Great marking by Pedo and Azza when we needed it. And the best thing was that we finished with great composure, as a contrast to our previous efforts in the same situation against Sydney, Brisbane and Richmond.

Awesome sight after the siren to see almost every player hunched over with pure exhaustion. Great effort!

Beautifully put:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

This felt even better than beating them by 50 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back