News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC JT does suffer asthma.

Yes, quite true and I suspect O'Keefe also does. However, why on Earth would they use a prohibited substance to treat a condition where there are other many other legal options to choose from? Bizarre.

Isn't pate normally made from chicken liver?

Can be made from any type of animal liver.

No no no. Clenbuterol is NOT used for asthma. Salbutamol (albuterol) is the version of the bronchodilator approved for human use to treat asthma.

Clenbuterol is only approved for veterinarian use.

I have a theory. Probably nowhere near it but maybe one the 2 has spiked the other ones protein drink. I'm pretty sure clen used to come powered I know it comes in tabs and I believe u can take it orally as a liquid.

Clen is an old school cutting up gear that was super popular with guy at my gym when I was training in the early mid 90s-2000s.

Having said that I'm pretty sure it's anabolic properties are non existent and therefore wouldn't be great for its recuperation properties.

If these guys collided and planned to cheat why would they use a cut up drug - especially josh Thomas who is ripped like a lizard - when they could have got their hands on some growth hormone and used that in low dosages to go under the radar and get the strength, power , recovery and size effects.

Because they're the ones that will get them off. Pert and Balme are powerless in this situation. It's all up to the lawyers.

So why even tell the Club until Sample B comes as before that Nothing can be done

I have a theory. Probably nowhere near it but maybe one the 2 has spiked the other ones protein drink. I'm pretty sure clen used to come powered I know it comes in tabs and I believe u can take it orally as a liquid.

Clen is an old school cutting up gear that was super popular with guy at my gym when I was training in the early mid 90s-2000s.

Having said that I'm pretty sure it's anabolic properties are non existent and therefore wouldn't be great for its recuperation properties.

If these guys collided and planned to cheat why would they use a cut up drug - especially josh Thomas who is ripped like a lizard - when they could have got their hands on some growth hormone and used that in low dosages to go under the radar and get the strength, power , recovery and size effects.

Well they are still gone even with that story

How the Hell would Hardie even know what could happen.

Only the Players Managers and Lawyers would not at this moment

Hardie seems to know all the rumours etc , seems weird he is talking about some scenario he dares not mention, why even mention it in the first place.

You want to give these blokes the benefit of the doubt, but it is not looking good

Hardie seems to know all the rumours etc , seems weird he is talking about some scenario he dares not mention, why even mention it in the first place.

You want to give these blokes the benefit of the doubt, but it is not looking good

Sounds like a Complete and Utter Knob saying he won’t say what the Rumor is.

It’s just a Bloody Rumour and nothing more.

Agree - They need a good bloody story to get our of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Innocent until proven guilty. I'll stand by them until that happens, if it happens.

Yeah, me too :thumbsu:

This has still got some course to run.

And until it has, two Collingwood listed players will be doing it tough tonight. Side by side and all that.

For all we know, the B sample will be sweet.

We only have to wait a few weeks to find out ... This one isn't going to be years.

Well they are still gone even with that story

In the wild chance that it is possible, one would get off of the other made a full admission of it.

But I agree, they are both plucked. Hopefully the b is negative but not likely, so the as they say, do the crime do the time.

I can't believe what a shamozzle this is.

Yeah, me too :thumbsu:

This has still got some course to run.

And until it has, two Collingwood listed players will be doing it tough tonight. Side by side and all that.

For all we know, the B sample will be sweet.

We only have to wait a few weeks to find out ... This one isn't going to be years.

It be a Miracle if the B Sample is Clean

Just on the transfer of the drug to food, I just read a journal article which suggest that eating liver (obviously imported from countries that use the drug in their animals) can cause a positive blood reading. I wonder if those two came across some imported liver/pate whilst in NZ? Very unlikely, and at this stage it looks like they did in fact take the drug. Just an interesting thing to ponder. Obviously NZ would import beef from Australia, so it's unlikely.

Let's take the contaminated food route. The training camp was completed on the 7th so it stands to reason that any contaminated food was ingested on the 6th being the night before we returned. That would just fit the clen timeframe.

From there I hazard a guess that it was a team dinner on the 6th as the last night. Therefore it would be likely that they weren't the only two to consume the meat. The tests were taken on the 10th, our first training session back, and I would assume that they weren't the only two tested. Therefore what are the chances of two housemates being the only ones to test positive when it is likely they weren't the only two to eat the food and then be tested?

For contaminated meat to be the source in these circumstances it seems odd that only two would test positive.

As an aside have the levels of prohibited substances that were present in the bloodstream been released yet? Because I hazard a guess that that information will play a big role in whether contaminated meat could potentially have been the cause.

No chemist though so if that isn't likely to be an indicator happy to be proven wrong :thumbsu:

So why even tell the Club until Sample B comes as before that Nothing can be done

I'm pretty sure ASADA told the club, not the players, as once players have tested positive to a substance of this magnitude with an A sample and request a B sample test, they must be provisionally suspended. I don't think they get to just not show up for training or games until late April and tell the club "We've got the flu".

Having researched the drug, it does not make sense that they would knowingly take it.

It is mainly used as a weight loss drug used by bodybuilders to burn fat.

Both Keefe and Thomas have no issues with body weight/skin folds and never have from what I can tell as they are both naturally lean. As Pert said today:

Clenbuterol is also known to reduce fat and promote weight loss although Balme said he could not see why Keeffe or Thomas would need to take the drug.

"We know what it is (the drug), which is one of the reasons why we think 'Why would they? How would they?'

"If you look at both of these players, it doesn't make any sense for either of them to use this because they're both quite lean.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-03-30/pies-devastated-by-tests

I know this is very unlikely, just trying to find an answer - What if they were both out for a meal, and waiter/cook etc decided to spike their meal or drink with it because they hated Collingwood?

What hope do athletes have if this stuff actually happens?

As this stuff has to be taken daily to be effective, wouldn't WADA be better off testing athletes twice a week apart, to ensure that spiking is ruled out?

They both just seem the most unlikely perpetrators..

Unfortunately, though for the both of them it now looks like 2 years out unless a miracle happens;{

Remove this Banner Ad

News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back