Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 35 Etiquette Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

over my head jerry GIF by HULU

Basically, its kinda like the difference between league admin abuse and mod abuse. With league admin abuse, you’re essentially abusing a persona, not the person behind it. Admin does a lot of behind the scenes work, but they still play a character. Mods, on the other hand are volunteers who enforce the rules of the site, not characters.

Captains are more like the admin in this example and simmers the mods. Purely volunteers doing a service, not personas.

Is it poor form when the losing Captain doesn’t return to the Match Thread to congratulate their opponent?
I thought it was an unwritten etiquette rule that both captains should thank the OP / thread host and acknowledge the opposition.
Maybe it needs to become a written rule ? Week off of you cross this line in the sand ? What say you damicky ?

Is it poor form when the losing Captain doesn’t return to the Match Thread to congratulate their opponent?
manangatang showed you cheese appreciation (maybe a bit too much) even gave you good advice for sock ventilation!
The perfect gentleman captain ☃️

Well that didn’t go to plan.

Not to worry Demons, we go eat cheese.

Thank you for a nice Round 1, Wonders. May all your socks have holes at the toes.

We played a team who's captain only turned up on the weekend and only spoke to a couple of people, so in answer to your question no captains don't have to do anything.

manangatang showed you cheese appreciation even gave you good advice for sock ventilation!
The perfect gentleman captain ☃️

I should have clarified that I wasn’t referring to yesterday’s match between the Wonders & Demons

It was a general question about etiquette in the Sweet FA

We played a team who's captain only turned up on the weekend and only spoke to a couple of people, so in answer to your question no captains don't have to do anything.

What about their other Captain?

I should have clarified that I wasn’t referring to yesterday’s match between the Wonders & Demons

It was a general question about etiquette in the Sweet FA
There’s no rules about etiquette, we used to do this when we lost and then have beers together later. Much later.

DA2D61E3-B06B-4D9E-9EE6-EEB93A1132EE.gif

Good times

Admin does a lot of behind the scenes work, but they still play a character. Mods, on the other hand are volunteers who enforce the rules of the site, not characters.
admins. mods. simmers. captains. theyre all people with feelings ND. not everyone is used to a use and abuse culture like many veterans here seem to be. not sure how youre differentiating them all..

admins. mods. simmers. captains. theyre all people with feelings ND. not everyone is used to a use and abuse culture like many veterans here seem to be. not sure how youre differentiating them all..

The abuse/banter aspect of this board has always been about personas. You’re supposed to attack the persona, never the person behind it.

Problem with this place is there is too many that can’t differentiate between the two and have zero distinction between their irl self and sfa self.

The line that we are not supposed to cross is attacking the person instead of the persona

Unfortunately, a few Players don’t follow this rule

our other captain was magnificent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The abuse/banter aspect of this board has always been about personas. You’re supposed to attack the persona, never the person behind it.

Problem with this place is there is too many that can’t differentiate between the two and have zero distinction between their irl self and sfa self.

Are you talking about the ones that hand it out or are on the receiving end?

Or both??

yeah i 100% agree. my point im trying to raise it to stop expecting captains to be hardened war criminals and accepting they may be emotional and vulnerable too. i do really appreciate what KP did with the mental health references. brilliant work recognising what issues may arise from a board where we abuse/banter with eachother.

tag him you coward. Brenton Davy

The line that we are not supposed to cross is attacking the person instead of the persona

i've heard so many stories about promising posters who've quit due to personal attacks, its sad

I feel like we are straying from the point of discussion here.

Are you talking about the ones that hand it out or are on the receiving end?

Or both??

I will also point out that the reason there is anti simmer abuse rule is because an ex simmer was once relentlessly targeted for seasons after he simmed his team to a grand final (didn’t even cheat either apparently). Simmers can’t sim their own teams now, but its still why its there

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TiFmedia Presents... Sweet FA Three Things I Learnt This Week - Season 35 Etiquette Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back