Restricted Free Agent Tim English [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Stefan Martin played in a grand final for us 3 years ago.
Martin wasnt a lumberer though he was athletic until the end.

My point was that if english goes only an athletic ruck type would trust bevo enough to go there (unless he is sacked).

“Rivals believe this deal at West Coast is six years and not as lucrative financially as it once was.

“The Dogs have five on the table. That's where it's at and I don't think the Dogs are going to shift too much given Luke Beverage's views on ruckmen.

“He can leave if he wants and I think that looks more likely now than staying.”

“Rivals believe this deal at West Coast is six years and not as lucrative financially as it once was.

“The Dogs have five on the table. That's where it's at and I don't think the Dogs are going to shift too much given Luke Beverage's views on ruckmen.

“He can leave if he wants and I think that looks more likely now than staying.”
Lol Bevo's views on ruckmen are not alone among coaches. The ruck role has changed and English is Bevo's ideal of ruck.

I don't want him but sounds like I might have to get used to the idea
I actually think a Flynn/Williams duo is a capable ruck division. Not really sure why West Coast would still be so interested

I actually think a Flynn/Williams duo is a capable ruck division. Not really sure why West Coast would still be so interested
I guess because it's a free hit and an upgrade on those 2.

English can actually get the ball, whereas Williams and Flynn are low-possession types.

His concussion issues are worrying, considering Venables and Sheppard's recent woes + Duggan this year.

My public opinion on Bailey Williams is that he is a fantastic ruckman/forward with a very high footy IQ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the WCE are willing to actually pony up the pick needed for English, by all means, have him, If it's something in the top 10 I'll personally walk him to Melbourne airport.

Has played one good year with the Dogs, and even then it was questionable.

I'd take a medicore ruck on half his money / years and a better pick to the draft/to be traded vs what he wants.

If the WCE are willing to actually pony up the pick needed for English, by all means, have him, If it's something in the top 10 I'll personally walk him to Melbourne airport.

Has played one good year with the Dogs, and even then it was questionable.

I'd take a medicore ruck on half his money / years and a better pick to the draft/to be traded vs what he wants.
He's a restricted free agent.

We don't have to give you anything.

Last edited:
I would hope we would match to get a decent haul if the difference is only 5 years v 6 years.
We won't be trading away picks or offering sweeteners to get a deal done for English in our list position. If someone here was actually stupid enough to do that they would probably be facing a lynching.

The only spanner in the works could be any Barrass deal.

We won't be trading away picks or offering sweeteners to get a deal done for English in our list position. If someone here was actually stupid enough to do that they would probably be facing a lynching.

The only spanner in the works could be any Barrass deal.
Barrass is just looking for a few more years where he is.

English isn't going anywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Restricted Free Agent Tim English [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back