List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair Valuation ? you wanted 3 first round draft picks . Anyway it doesn't matter, he is a geelong player for 2019 and I hope he has another good year . Moving on.
1 x Top 10 pick Wells said.

Again with the stupid stuff.. WC rolls in with 20, 22 and a future 2nd in the 30's...

Not real smart over there

Go Catters

An all time classic to ruin a young mans career ? A young man who has 3 little children and no support base on the other side of the country ? Can not believe that your board can not see how bad the geelong club looks in the eyes of the rest of the comp. Very classy stuff.
Maybe he should not have entered a National draft to play in a National game.

Just about everyone who was traded got to the club of their choice. The only one who didn't was Kelly. What's that about stupid ?
You mean like how Geelong was able to facilities trades with the following teams:

- Brisbane: Linc McCarthy had requested a trade to the Lions & that was the first trade competed
- GC: GHS was after a fresh start & GC were interested, and a trade was agreed to, and it helped both teams as GC weren't really wanting to pick him up as a FA & impact their compensation for Lynch.
- Sydney: Jackson Thurlow gets a fresh start at a new club after a trade made on the last day

And then we also worked with Sydney on a suitable trade for Rohan who they had asked to explore his options because they wanted his salary off their books.

You know the one team we failed to find middle ground with & successful facilitate a trade with - WCE.

So maybe Geelong isn't the issue but rather WCE wouldn't come to the party - and Geelong did give them plenty of opportunities to do so

Fair Valuation ? you wanted 3 first round draft picks . Anyway it doesn't matter, he is a geelong player for 2019 and I hope he has another good year . Moving on.
3 Picks in the 20s make not a top 10 selection. West coast had ample time to trade for a top 10 pick, and were not able to. The fact they tried says to me that our clubs valuation and theirs were not as far apart as the whingers on your board might suspect.

Catchya Champ

Just about everyone who was traded got to the club of their choice. The only one who didn't was Kelly. What's that about stupid ?
Open your eyes or the End Game might come sooner than you think
It was West Coast who didn't give the offer that the other clubs gave.\
It was GWS stood firm on Shiel, and Essendon conceded they had to pay
It was Brisbane who stood firm on Beams, and Collingwood conceded they had to pay
It was Geelong who stood firm on Kelly, and West Coast were too greedy to pay
Have a look inwardly and you will grow
Mirror Mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all
WELLSY

The following comments came from Geelong last year after Ablett official requested a trade (second year in a row after GC said no trade 12 months earlier, we are holding you to your contract):

Geelong has released a statement saying the club will work with the Gold Coast after Gary Ablett today expressed his desire to return to Geelong during the trade period.

The club said it's respectful of the fact Ablett is a contracted player with the Gold Coast and as such, the Suns have the final say on a trade agreement.

See that last part - it's something that clubs trying to trade for a contracted player might want to take note of for future years. Clubs don't have to release contracted players - it's up to the club trying to bring that contracted player in that needs to stump up an offer the original club can't refuse; WCE didn't do that, so don't blame Geelong

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/gary-a...ast-suns/0d8fc795-6c3d-4088-8c52-437a04cb5dd5

You’re an idiot, if the family situation was as bad as they made it out to be they wouldn’t be nominating WCE only.

They are on record stating they are happy to spend another year in Geelong don’t try and make it out that GFC is evil for not accepting a trade that was lower than his asking price.

Just face it your club once again ****** over the Kelly family by making promises they couldn’t keep...AGAIN
Idiot!! You have no idea. No doubt there were faults with both camps how they went about it - it didn't happen - who cares now. We shall all just wait until next year to see how it all pans out and go this all over again - something to look forward to I guess.

How
Idiot!! You have no idea. No doubt there were faults with both camps how they went about it - it didn't happen - who cares now. We shall all just wait until next year to see how it all pans out and go this all over again - something to look forward to I guess.
about you just live for the next 12 months
And get the **** off our board

The following comments came from Geelong last year after Ablett official requested a trade (second year in a row after GC said no trade 12 months earlier, we are holding you to your contract):

See that last part - it's something that clubs trying to trade for a contracted player might want to take note of for future years. Clubs don't have to release contracted players - it's up to the club trying to bring that contracted player in that needs to stump up an offer the original club can't refuse; WCE didn't do that, so don't blame Geelong

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/gary-a...ast-suns/0d8fc795-6c3d-4088-8c52-437a04cb5dd5
Who is blaming Geelong? The way I see it Kelly's manager went to WCE saying Kelly would like to return home to play for the Eagles, & the Eagles then tried to do a deal with what they had at their disposal, but it didn't come off - end of story!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Open your eyes or the End Game might come sooner than you think
It was West Coast who didn't give the offer that the other clubs gave.\
It was GWS stood firm on Shiel, and Essendon conceded they had to pay
It was Brisbane who stood firm on Beams, and Collingwood conceded they had to pay
It was Geelong who stood firm on Kelly, and West Coast were too greedy to pay
Have a look inwardly and you will grow
Mirror Mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all
WELLSY
Until next year and then we shall see!

Gee you spend a lot of time on here for a player you didn’t want and didn’t get

Do you have your own board to whinge and moan on?

Who is blaming Geelong? The way I see it Kelly's manager went to WCE saying Kelly would like to return home to play for the Eagles, & the Eagles then tried to do a deal with what they had at their disposal, but it didn't come off - end of story!
What about the part where WCE waved a fat $3M contract in front of Tim? Tell that part of the story.

Great article...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...appointment-and-go-again-20181018-p50ag1.html

Especially the last line...

"Both Fremantle football manager Peter Bell and West Coast list manager Brady Rawlings made it clear they would be interested in securing Kelly at the end of next season when he comes out of contract."

So much for the PSD "threat" for all those WC peoples that are suggesting he walks to them lol. Freo interested and will pick before you.

Go Catters

Great article...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...appointment-and-go-again-20181018-p50ag1.html

"Both Fremantle football manager Peter Bell and West Coast list manager Brady Rawlings made it clear they would be interested in securing Kelly at the end of next season when he comes out of contract."

So much for the PSD "threat" for all those WC peoples that are suggesting he walks to them lol. Freo interested and will pick before you.

Go Catters

Beautiful :)

OK...only been on a few minutes and not sure I like what I see.

WCE posters will lower their tone and remain respectful. I remind you that you are on the Geelong Board. You have every right to disagree....but no right for the use of insult or invective.

The hammer is out.

Great article...

Go Catters

If Kelly decides that at the end of next season he still wants to leave, as much as I'd be pissed off if a trade failed to be agreed to, I'd also laugh if he went into the draft & Freo picked him up

Must say I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a salty display of irrational nonsense from a supporter base.

Self entitlement meets rejection, neural meltdown ensues.
We'll get to stage 4 before too long
fd9f785956a153bd56252be203f10bd8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back