List Mgmt. Tim Kelly remains a Cat for 2019

How long will Tim Kelly last at Geelong?

• He will return to WA in the 2018 trade period

• He will play at Geelong in 2019 but return to WA at end 2019

• He will sign a long term deal at Geelong

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't really f**k up? Hmm, let's look at the evidence shall we?

- His client mentions he wants to return home to Perth - a city with two teams, but refuses to deal with one of them.
- He says his client isn't interested in going to Fremantle as he doesn't like them, despite the fact his partner posted photos on her social media of Tim wearing a Dockers cap on Fathers Day.
- He advertises West Coast events on his social media, and works for a company who sponsors the Eagles.

Looks to me he was trying to save his own face and contacts rather than act in the best interest of his client, which, if I'm not mistaken, is what a good manager should be doing.

Perhaps his client advised him he didn't want to go to Fremantle? I mean who would think that possible.

If it's clear Tim still intends to return to WA in 2020 we should "make inquiries" directly to Brander's manager.. much the way West Coast have been doing all season with Tim. Make it clear there's an improved contract available back here in Geelong and all he needs to do when he requests the trade is cite "homesickness" :D

Why do you care about Fremantle? And whether he work with Fremantle. That is his problem to deal with, not yours. And bullshit, Geelong never had an intention to trade Kelly to WCE. Perhaps you might want to read and listen to everything Wells said prior to and during the draft period. A gun for nothing? Look at the Beams trade to see what Kelly should be worth.

Beams worth as much as Kelly? They weren't too dissimilar this season statistically but Beams is 28 and who knows how many years he has left, Kelly is 24... Its not really the same.
Wells said it would take a great deal to let Kelly go. Weagles offered 20 and 22. Jog on.

Why do you care about Fremantle? And whether he work with Fremantle. That is his problem to deal with, not yours. And bullshit, Geelong never had an intention to trade Kelly to WCE. Perhaps you might want to read and listen to everything Wells said prior to and during the draft period. A gun for nothing? Look at the Beams trade to see what Kelly should be worth.

Sounds good, we'll trade a 28-year-old Tim to you in 4 years for a first rounder.

If it's clear Tim still intends to return to WA in 2020 we should "make inquiries" directly to Brander's manager.. much the way West Coast have been doing all season with Tim. Make it clear there's an improved contract available back here in Geelong and all he needs to do when he requests the trade is cite "homesickness" :D
It would be cruel for them to not give him to use for a few picks in the 20s, after all.

Keep melting you pathetic salty campaigner

Wells has more professional integrity than your entire meth infected organisation put together

WCE clearly didn’t want to do a trade with all the low ball offers.

Blame WCE not GFC/Wells for the trade failing

Although I don't believe clubs should be hanging onto players that want to leave for personal or family reasons, I think the Cats were justified in their decision not to trade away TK for what they perceived to be 'unders'.

TK's manager stuffed it up from the outset by declaring he only wanted to get to the Eagles. It made a mockery of the reason he wanted to get "home" and the peanut was extremely short sighted in panning Freo. You're a WA based agent with primarily WA local clients and you just destroyed half of potential clients new employers. Just plain dumb.

He clearly wasn't working in his clients best interests either as keeping Freo in the hunt, even knowing your client didn't want to go there, would have created a greater need from WC to stump up. I have no doubt that if WC believed Freo was a chance of snaring TK, they would have given up that future 1st rounder. Moronic move from a player manager and hopefully TK sees that and changes agents, not from the standpoint that it gives Geelong a better chance of retaining him but just for his own personal benefit. His agent worked for WC and not Tim.

As they say, a week is a long time in footy....well a year is a SHITLOAD longer. Anything is possible in the next 12 months.

If Geelong cannot convince TK and his family to stick around for the long term, they will need to try and get his true value again next year. That means that Freo need to prove they are a genuine home for him and provide another trade option. Probably means getting rid of his agent and Freo improving on the field (which is impossible IMO with Lyon at the helm) as the main things for that to happen.

If we cannot keep him, we need a competitive bidding process and a another huge year from TK that forces his salary and contract length to increase from the 5year/$3m that was on the table. If Freo come knocking with an extra year and another $100k per year, purple might not look so bad.

Keep melting you pathetic salty campaigner

Wells has more professional integrity than your entire meth infected organisation put together

WCE clearly didn’t want to do a trade with all the low ball offers.

Blame WCE not GFC/Wells for the trade failing
Just respond to their posts with the video of the old dude singing Gazza for Nothing & TK for free.
That should piss them off.

I really hope Timmy considers getting a new manager. Could not have botched this up for his client any more.

I love watching him play and am glad we are holding him to his contract. It was going to take overs for the deal to get done and WCE didn't want to pay up. After overlooking him for years, letting Geelong pick him up and then not being willing to deal for him I wonder if he may change his mind about Freo and Geelong going forward.

Geelong are a good club and I have no doubt they will do everything they can to look after Kelly and his family.

It would be cruel for them to not give him to use for a few picks in the 20s, after all.

It has to be a very good contract. west coast gain 1.5 mil in cap space in 2020 with kennedy and nic nat technically veterans under the salary cap. Ithink we were always gonna wait as why pay two round first draft pick for someone we can get for free next year. Geelong wouldnt get compo either as he wouldnt be technically a free agent, just has to go through the draft

It has to be a very good contract. west coast gain 1.5 mil in cap space in 2020 with kennedy and nic nat technically veterans under the salary cap. Ithink we were always gonna wait as why pay two round first draft pick for someone we can get for free next year. Geelong wouldnt get compo either as he wouldnt be technically a free agent, just has to go through the draft
You do realise that his contract finishes after the TRADE period? So you’ll still have to trade for him .

Are all WCE supporters this clueless?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps his client advised him he didn't want to go to Fremantle? I mean who would think that possible.

Yeah, he wanted to go home but decided to eliminate 50% of the chance of that happening by refusing to talk to one of the teams based there. Makes sense....:rolleyes:

That would be Kelly sacking him wouldn't it? The client walking away. You can hardly call Wells professional; sitting at the trade table pretending to do a deal when there was never any intention of doing said deal. I don't see WCE operating like that at trade time. When a player wants to go home, that trade generally gets done.

You don't know shit and all you are doing is showing how salty you are.
Wells very clearly put up the price and very clearly said he was willing to trade if WCE matched it.
He then lowered the price TWICE and you still didn't come to the table.
Ironic that a WCE fan talks about "professional".

Why are WCE fans talking like he will suddenly be a free agent next year & just walk to them for nothing?

And unless WCE totally choke in 2019, the chances are high that Freo, GC, Carlton and others will have draft selections ahead of WCE and I wouldn't put it past any of those clubs to take a risk on drafting Kelly because they all know he would be a good addition to their team.

Do you think Kelly is really going to want to go through the draft again with no guarantee to get to WCE

Why are WCE fans talking like he will suddenly be a free agent next year & just walk to them for nothing?

And unless WCE totally choke in 2019, the chances are high that Freo, GC, Carlton and others will have draft selections ahead of WCE and I wouldn't put it past any of those clubs to take a risk on drafting Kelly because they all know he would be a good addition to their team.

Do you think Kelly is really going to want to go through the draft again with no guarantee to get to WCE

Freo could do it just to be pricks, IIRC if you are drafted by a club (be it national or pre-season) and refuse the contract you cannot be drafted elsewhere.
So if the "rivalry" is really that strong over there and I was freo, I'd pick him up and either get him (win) or ensure WCE have no chance to get him (win).
IF he decides to walk away anyway.

TK and WCE should be furious with his manager for ballsingly this up so badly.
I'm more than happy to have him at the club for another year and reload for an acceptable deal in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back