Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh I am happy to keep 20 and 22 and then watch the kelly fallout with Geelong in 2019.

I am not sure how kelly and Geelong can recover.

But i do like it how Geelong see us as losers in this. They will be left with a disgruntled player.

Meh I am happy to keep 20 and 22 and then watch the kelly fallout with Geelong in 2019.

But i do like it how Geelong see us as losers in this. They will be left with a disgruntled player.
Freo will swoop in and take him if we cant work a deal out. Doubt he'll be at Geelong either way next season.

Very much agree. Now that Gaff has re-signed- we don't need Kelly, even if he would be a handy addition
Gaff >>>>>> Kelly
So if not getting Gaff's compensation means that we miss out on Kelly in 2018, so be it

Freo will swoop in and take him if we cant work a deal out. Doubt he'll be at Geelong either way next season.

What makes u say that? Will st Kilda swoop in and get shiel if Essendon play hard ball?

Freo have a lot of deals to work out. I don’t think u appreciate how difficult it will be for freo to get any deal done, let alone Kelly’s.

And who says they would give up their first? Why would they give up a top 5 pick for a player who doesn’t want to go there? Honestly, that bit gets forgotten.

Very much agree. Now that Gaff has re-signed- we don't need Kelly, even if he would be a handy addition
Gaff >>>>>> Kelly
So if not getting Gaff's compensation means that we miss out on Kelly in 2018, so be it

Exactly - if gaff had left we would be more desperate.

Look, if we had offered 20+22 to Sydney they'd have obviously taken it over that deal, so there's a reason why we haven't offered it.

I'm sure we have something else working in the background.
Exactly. We proved how shrewd we were with the Gold Coast deal last year. I'm confident we've got more cards to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, if we had offered 20+22 to Sydney they'd have obviously taken it over that deal, so there's a reason why we haven't offered it.

I'm sure we have something else working in the background.
Apparently Carlton might be throwing a pick 43 in there too. Not sure what that adds up to in points. They may have pipped us by the slightest of margins if true.

All this hate directed towards Kelly from the rabid muppets in Geelong makes me think he can't possibly stay there next year. Which means he comes back and sits at home next year or Geelong realise that they've f***** up and trade him for pick 20 and Nelson on the last day of trade week.

Ive been wondering the same thing. Doesn't seem to be doing the rounds in the media at all - would've thought this would go close to getting it done.
2019 first-rounder and maybe one of our second-rounders this year as a sweetener. Isn't that equivalent to a top 10 pick?

Geelong going feral will affect them for years didn't Duncan throw chairs in his exit room meeting also .

Doesn't bode well .

Sounds like teams won't be helping us out this trade period thought we were going south in 2018 but we climbed Everest !!

Gaff >>>>>> Kelly
Now is the time to load up and try to win another flag.

All this hate directed towards Kelly from the rabid muppets in Geelong makes me think he can't possibly stay there next year. Which means he comes back and sits at home next year or Geelong realise that they've f***** up and trade him for pick 20 and Nelson on the last day of trade week.
Hopefully. I reckon that's a good deal, Nelson would slot straight into their defence. They get good draft pick and defender to slot straight in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back