Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RE: the argument about mature age picks.

- Half the players at WAFL level are perennial clubman.
- A quarter of them are justified AFL rejects.

- The rest are made up of the almost good enough, late bloomers and, guys who got lost in the amateurs.

Sure you’ll draft a few at the age of 18 who end up in that second group but the quality of the AFL rejects tends towards dominating state league football if they care enough to apply themselves to the lower league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75% of players drafted are also very average footballers who have not even excelled at their own age level. Most of the reject drafted players give the game away.

If Nic was playing fit in those 2 finals he would have mauled both Gawn and Grundy.

He certainly might of given them a touch up at stoppages and bounce downs but around the ground I think Vardy and Lycett are far better equipped to compete which they did. May of been a lot different with Nic trying to run and compete with them around the ground.
Didn’t happen so it doesn’t matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCarthy also signed a contract extension half way through the season with GWS...and then requested a trade at the end of year.

So GWS were obviously fuming about that, considering he just added 2 years to his deal and THEN wanted out.

Would be the same as Kelly signing a deal mid year and then turning around now and saying ‘trade me now...only to West Coast’.

I would expect Geelong have been acutely aware of Kelly’s struggles to adapt to life in Victoria - basically throughout the whole year - considering the continuing dialog and the fact that the club never really shyed away from acknowledging it.

It’s by the by - they just want max value for their guy now.
Your ave is splendid...:moustache::thumbsu:

Its going to be interesting how our midfield is going to operate next season. Can see Masto making way for Gaff but I can also see Dom Sheed being squeezed out next year so that Kelly can get full wing/on ball minutes and isn't shafted to HFF for large chunks like Redden.

Think at his best Sheed adds to the side. He was one of our better players in the finals and his contested game shone through when it mattered. If he can improve his tank and defensive game, he would be an asset for us.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Yeo/Kelly/Shuey all rest forward during game as that would probably allow us to play Sheed.

Cats fans think it's unprofessional for Kelly's manager to openly criticise Freo as a destination.

But really. What's more unprofessional? This?

“He is not going to Fremantle. I have had players there and I don’t think they are an attractive proposition for him. He will go to West Coast and if he doesn’t he will be playing at Geelong then he will leave the year after,” he said.

Or this?

dd97b5ba914a14921c0dee2f4ec4eea2

:shrug:

Why isn’t there outrage that Shiel only selected Essendon?
Or even that Gaff selected North and turned down other Vic teams
I guess rejecting a team for $$$ is acceptable
But other reasons aren’t ?

I would rather just wait a year than give up both 20/22 (or a top 10 pick on its own ). Kelly isn’t worth that much . His value will decrease next year as he’ll be out of contract .

Our club has a history of paying overs and caving though (albeit for players who end up being worth it in retrospect )- so if we do end up giving up 20/22 or a top 10 pick , I won’t be surprised . I’ll be disappointed , but I’ll move on as Vozzo and co. now have a good track record so deserve some credit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back