Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Manager”
1576f26589fd1b7cc8a5f3c5c32639c1.gif

Does a Luke Ball/Nick Stevens draft threat come into every bigfooty conversation between opposing supporters during a trade?

It would be an interesting experiment but i cbf researching
Yeah the chances of it happening are basically 0. It's shitty on the players and clubs don't put players through the wringer like that unless they absolutely have to

We've been fair traders recently and wouldn't tell Geelong to GAGF next year I'm sure. Though Kelly's currency would be a lot lower seeing as he would be out of contract

Our 2019 first... could be anywhere from around pick 10 - 18.
Shouldn't need any sweeteners on top of that.

Kelly is one of the only true homesick/go home situations given his home life but I think him refusing to go to Freo is a bad look (good for us though!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesn't seem so outrageous, although I'd probably pass.
Your kidding . I say pass and we can get him next year. As others have posted, we got screwed big time on the Ebert trade. A player who was drafted at 13 and had 4 years of development put into him. We generally are pretty fair when it comes to trading, so I expect we will get it done, just don't want to pay overs.

Didn't say anything about Lecras quitting. He can gradually fade out throught the year. Still think he has something to offer.

Schofield and Masten will definately play some games.

You didn't but I did. Think the old champ should hang up the boots now rather than later, freeing up salary space and a spot in the team. Feels like the same scenario we went through with Priddis and Mitchell, both could have played on 1 more year however they stood aside and we went on to win the premiership. Give the kids a chance/game.

Seriously he's ours for the Lycett late first rounder, surely? 25 year old picked up in the second round and has only 12 months left of his contract. If Geeling play silly buggers around this they will lose lose lose.

It's a tricky one. On one hand, I'd love to draft a young bloke with picks 20 and 22, and both of those picks for Kelly seems a bit overs (on a points basis, at least). On the other hand...

Our draft picks in the 20-30 range in the past ~10 years (may have missed someone?)

Sselwood (22)
Swift (20)
Newman (23)
Notte (20)
Stevens (23)
Allen (21)
Parto (28)
McInnes (28)
Darling (26)
Lycett (29)

Selwood won a B&F, Darling is a gun, Lycett has been a fine servant, and I'm bullish about Allen, but that is not the best strike rate overall.

At the end of 2009 we took Weedon and Stevens with picks 22 and 23. Would I trade Weedon and Stevens for Tim Kelly?

Yes, yes I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back