Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine if we carried on like this with s.mitch? If we said "nope, you aren't going to coach at hawthorn".We'd be the bad guys. Can you imagine the shit storm it'd create? He may not be playing, but he's pretty critical to our success. He is contracted for a few more years but wants to go home for family reasons and the club just sucks it up and says ok. I can't believe the carry on. Cats took a player we all knew didn't want to even be there. However, Kelly and his missus probably had every intention of seeing out his contract to chase his afl dream. That's the thing with young kids and moving away from family....you never really know if it'll work out until you try it. In this case, it didn't work. Let him come home you campaigners!!

you cannot just 'throw in' players
I meant as a throw in to improve our proposed trade to Geelong. Obviously Nelson would have to agree to the trade but do you think it would be that hard to sell it to him? "Hey Jackson, how do you feel about being traded back to your home town and likely get the chance to play more footy next year?" It's not like we'd be trying to send him to the Gold Coast or something. It's really not that hard to see something like this happening, not sure why you seem to think it is. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant as a throw in to improve our proposed trade to Geelong. Obviously Nelson would have to agree to the trade but do you think it would be that hard to sell it to him? "Hey Jackson, how do you feel about being traded back to your home town and likely get the chance to play more footy next year?" It's not like we'd be trying to send him to the Gold Coast or something. It's really not that hard to see something like this happening, not sure why you seem to think it is. Lol

my only point is you have to agree to be traded...has WC mentioned him? has Nelson given the slightest indication he wants to be traded ?

clubs have been burnt before when names get 'thrown up' and the said player has found out about it.

I doubt very much if WC goes down this path. The only way it happens is if Geelong contact Nelsons manager and say they are interested.

WC will not mention him, ask him or try and convince him..Its not the way they operate

Hopefully T Kelly deal gets through to WCE and was astound by some of the vilification by some of those Cats supporters.
If T Kelly have to complete one more year he will be absolutely persecuted by some Cats supporters and definitely will not be a safe environment for Kelly's family to stay in Geelong.
images (24).jpeg

If for whatever reason Nelson requested a trade what do people think he’d be worth?

I’m guessing a 3rd rounder for a useful depth player who’s probably around the 25-30th player on our list

So how does he make any significant difference in a trade for Kelly

Some of the venom from the media even on Twitter towards Tim Kelly is a disgrace. Flog reporters from the Geelong Advertiser and other local rags down there getting stuck in to him and his missus.

Vics are still in meltdown mode after we pulled their pants down last week.
Given the reported threats being made against his family, why aren't media flogs recommending Kelly comes home as they did with Gaff after the Brayshaw incident as they fear for his well-being if he stays?

Last edited:
Look, if we had offered 20+22 to Sydney they'd have obviously taken it over that deal, so there's a reason why we haven't offered it.

I'm sure we have something else working in the background.

We probably aren’t interested in offering 20+22 for Kelly so why would we upgrade them two picks for a higher pick worth less than the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never consider trading a player who is happy on your list and currently depth. Imagine the message it sends the playing group if the Eagles say "OK Nelson, you have done your job well and come to training every day but we are trading you to Geelong."

Changing workplaces is stressful even if it is closer to home. He could be renting a place and have a lease already set up and be set to live in Perth for the next 5 years for all any of us know.

Vics are still in meltdown mode after we pulled their pants down last week.
Given the reported threats being made against his family, why aren't media flogs recommending Kelly comes home as they did with Gaff after the Brayshaw incident as they fear for his well-being if he stays?

You answered your own question.

They are media flogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back