Time to rest Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

waldo48

Debutant
Oct 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
:( It is obvious that Fevola is not fit. In fact currently he is about as useful a a set of **** on a bull.

He can't kick, can't lead or mark and can't (or won't) chase or tackle. If it is not his heal, then there is something else wrong. What ever it is it needs to be rectified. Give him 4 weeks off to get his heal right and start playing Fisher or Harlett in the forward line to get a bit of flexibility.

The last 2 weeks have shown that we are not yet at the top 4 mark and, unless we start to get some more grunt and flexibilty into our game into our game, then all we will be capable of doing is beating hack sides like Ninthmond and Melbourne.

Other sides have had a good look at us now and we need to step up to the plate. The coaching of Ratten will now be put to the test. Let's hope He and the Team are up to it.:(

:( It is obvious that Fevola is not fit. In fact currently he is about as useful a a set of **** on a bull.

He can't kick, can't lead or mark and can't (or won't) chase or tackle. If it is not his heal, then there is something else wrong. What ever it is it needs to be rectified. Give him 4 weeks off to get his heal right and start playing Fisher or Harlett in the forward line to get a bit of flexibility.

The last 2 weeks have shown that we are not yet at the top 4 mark and, unless we start to get some more grunt and flexibilty into our game into our game, then all we will be capable of doing is beating hack sides like Ninthmond and Melbourne.

Other sides have had a good look at us now and we need to step up to the plate. The coaching of Ratten will now be put to the test. Let's hope He and the Team are up to it.:(

Fev can certainly kick he just isnt kicking straight, he is having a bad patch, he will overcome it, he is leading well and taking strong marks, he should get more free kicks but doesnt, a reputation thing.

We were never a top 4 side this year the quicker people realise this the better off we'll be, we ran 10th last year, making the 8 is key not top 4, Fisher is no replacement for fevola, if you think fev doesnt chase id hate to think what fish would do

Ratten won't rest him

Dicky Pratt won't accept Carlton not making the 8 this year after all the money he's put in (directly and indirectly)

Ratten won't be resting any match winners

If he instructs us to keep kicking it to Fev or the midfield keeps kicking it to him anyway then Ratts won't be coach next year

He has no alternate game plan

Amen, I agree, rest him against the dogs and hawks and then bring him back into action against the pies. He'll be hungry.

Plus I think Fisher is injured?
If we rest Fevola then there's no main target. We get trampled. It's very frustrating to have an out of form player as our main target.

If we lose him in the team, we just about have no chance unfortunately.

If we rest Fevola then there's no main target. We get trampled. It's very frustrating to have an out of form player as our main target.

yeah true mate

Ratten's coaching is a disgrace. Fevola is clearly injured and was our only target

He couldn't give a s*** today. This year so far, when things aren't going right he goes into his shell or he makes silly mistakes. I don't know what you can do with him right now, don't let him off the hook though, let him fight through the troubles he's having right now. You only grow as a player when you get through the tough times, we don't want down hill skiers in our team (not saying Fev is one).

Ratts is a favourite son and I would normally say hands off but it needs to said, he has no plan B and he is learning on the job. This equates to losses. This week and last week his changes during the game were useless and he should of got Cloke doing the ruck work as Jolly is too strong for Kreuzer and too experienced for Jacobs. The sooner Warnock gets back the better. Kreuzer should of been played in the forward line and Gibbs playing of HFF running into the midfield. Poor juddy had no help and Betts should of been in the midfield from the second quarter.

All round dissapointing and devasted. We have lost all credibility.

Maybe we need Parko or someone like him to come back to the club to help Ratts and in the box on match days to help him..i do not know maybe clutching at straws.

Great idea to rest him as we have so many other fwd who could step in and take control of the game.

How come i dont see people bagging Judd given it was his man Mcveigh who kicked 3 and 2 in 2 mins to basically set the game up.

How about friggin Ratten being massively outcoached 2 weeks in a row.

Fev can certainly kick he just isnt kicking straight, he is having a bad patch, he will overcome it, he is leading well and taking strong marks, he should get more free kicks but doesnt, a reputation thing.

We were never a top 4 side this year the quicker people realise this the better off we'll be, we ran 10th last year, making the 8 is key not top 4, Fisher is no replacement for fevola, if you think fev doesnt chase id hate to think what fish would do

If Ratts doesnt make the 8 bye bye buddy as with this list the way we have played the last 2 weeks has been a disgrace. The side we had should beat Sydney who are so undermanned it is not funny, but 10 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratts is a favourite son and I would normally say hands off but it needs to said, he has no plan B and he is learning on the job. This equates to losses. This week and last week his changes during the game were useless and he should of got Cloke doing the ruck work as Jolly is too strong for Kreuzer and too experienced for Jacobs. The sooner Warnock gets back the better. Kreuzer should of been played in the forward line and Gibbs playing of HFF running into the midfield. Poor juddy had no help and Betts should of been in the midfield from the second quarter.

All round dissapointing and devasted. We have lost all credibility.

Maybe we need Parko or someone like him to come back to the club to help Ratts and in the box on match days to help him..i do not know maybe clutching at straws.

+1 great post

-1 thread: don't rest fev just because of a bad patch.

Yep, time to rest him. He's not right. Rather give him a few weeks off to get right, than have him make it worse.

I'm sick of us playing to other teams rules. we should be out on that park playing to our own strenghts, using our players where they are best suited, not using our players always in defensive roles, such as Gibbs and Waite.

Use our players where they do damage, where they can win us games, not where we are just dictated by other players on other teams.

EG: Waite. He always goes back, but why can't we play him to his strenght, and let THEm worry about marking HIM up, instead of always worrying about who he will take.

As dissapointed as I am with Fevs performance today (only 26 points in my Supercoach team:mad:) I don't believe a couple of weeks in the VFL will solve anything.

Schultz went back to the VFL and kicked 7 today, If Fev goes back and kicks 10 next week and you lose to the dogs by a couple then Ratten will be crucified.

Stick with him, he is good enough to turn it arround, he is a match winner:thumbsu:

please don't play Fev against Collingwood.

He only scores about 10 goals a game against us.

Cheers and Thanks.

I will pay for his holiday.

Nobody's asking for him to be dropped to the seconds. Just time off to get the heel right.

Which, given the nature of the injury, might take a fair bit longer than what some might think. He did everything right against the Dons except convert - kick with his usual accuracy and he'd have been BOG. Today, started off well (again, kicking was off) but Sydney dictated terms in the second half and the ball scarcely came his way - when it did, it either dropped short or was seldom a one on one.

As dissapointed as I am with Fevs performance today (only 26 points in my Supercoach team:mad:) I don't believe a couple of weeks in the VFL will solve anything.

Schultz went back to the VFL and kicked 7 today, If Fev goes back and kicks 10 next week and you lose to the dogs by a couple then Ratten will be crucified.

Stick with him, he is good enough to turn it arround, he is a match winner:thumbsu:
A bit of sense from an opposition supporter. Gotta' love that. :thumbsu:

I think the best option would be to rest him against the Doggies.

Let Waite play forward for the entire game. Have Kreuzer down there next to him with Eddie at the feet doing what he does best. Waite won't be needed against the small doggies backline, someone else can play loose man, eg Scotland, Carrazzo, Stevens or even Gibbs.

Let Cloke ruck/forward (his tap work is very very good) and perhaps bring in Hampson for Saucey.

If we have the fab 4 not Sydney - how is it that they can lose Hall and win and yet we can't win with Fev down :confused:

Nobody's asking for him to be dropped to the seconds. Just time off to get the heel right.

A bruised heel is not an injury that will get better quicker with rest it is one of thse injuries that will heel over time at the same rate no matter how much pressure you put on it

Are you sure that a bruised heel is all he has got and are you sure that rest does not help this injury :confused:

Fev may be one of those athletes who, if unhappy with their fitness/injury find it hard to perform well. I do however seem to remember him putting in some good performances while carrying a groin.

Don't touch this subject - I got crusified for even mentioning his sore foot.
You were crucified for making idiotic comments and attacking Fev to defend Stevens.

Stevens would be told to hit the road if we had to choose between the two...

Fev has kicked five and four goals in rounds two and three, so talk about an overreaction to a bad game.

We should bring in Hartlett or Fisher for Fevola and make our forwardline the worst in the AFL. Every other side would take Fevola if we rested him this week.

Dodgy ankle and all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to rest Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back